REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #26
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
I hope he retained all his shocks and springs from the suspension...he cannot pass a VI with them removed.
Advertisement
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ zulu, all the parts on his car are street legal and are certified OEM equivalent or better. Which means it's legal for him to operate his vehicle on the street with these parts installed. So what's your point really ??

For example a Lamborghini and Range Rover come with Air Suspension installed from the factory, you do know that right ?

You guys are so stuck in your box thinkin anything that won't pass VI is absolute law and therefore illegal, I find that ignorance real amusing.
I remember years ago my buddy got ticketed for his clear tails on his Lexus which came like that OEM from the factory... my buddy tried explaining this, but the cop had it in his head that it wouldn't pass VI so therefore it MUST be illegal and gave him the ticket anyway.
It's this type of arrogance that will ALWAYS have you at odds with the tuner community..
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White

Last edited by G-spec; 04-08-2010 at 03:37 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
* deleted post *
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.

Last edited by jlenko; 04-08-2010 at 07:13 PM.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
Pot, kettle. You've been pulled over 12 times already... just wait til you get that VI. Then I'll find YOUR ignorance "real amusing"

I don't think I've been pulled over 5 times in my entire LIFE and I drive a very modified car. I just don't attract attention like your car (or your driving) appears to.

Keep it up, kiddo.

correction I've been pulled over close to 20 times since I've gotten the car 3 years ago.
But in all honesty, I don't think cops really give a shit about your riced out Cavalier, so you got nothing to worry about....
but to be fair I don't myself understand why they find my car interesting, it's just a white stock looking coupe, nothing special about it.
Special enough however for a cop to pull me over and call me a drug dealer right to my face, I mean really, WHO THE FCK DOES THAT, let alone a cop!

I know for a fact though me getting pulled over has nothing to do with my driving, I granny my car since it's so low don't wanna scrape, I've received only 1 speeding ticket in the last 5 years of driving and it was for going 10 over the limit, 60kmh.
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #30
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PR
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 250 Times in 128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
^ zulu, all the parts on his car are street legal and are certified OEM equivalent or better. Which means it's legal for him to operate his vehicle on the street with these parts installed. So what's your point really ??

For example a Lamborghini and Range Rover come with Air Suspension installed from the factory, you do know that right ?
http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/...art_division7D covers something that many aftermarket air suspensions don't comply with. It doesn't mean that just because the controls are stuffed in the glovebox so you can't access them, it means that the manipulation of the controls while the vehicle is in motion will do a whole lot of nothing. Lamborghini and Range Rover have air suspensions that have been designed and tested by the manufacturer specifically for the vehicle that they're getting put into and have then been approved by Transport Canada. They're not a buy off the shelf set that can be installed into any vehicle.

And his off-the-shelf parts are certified by who? Transportation Canada, or the company who is selling/manufacturing them?
__________________
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #31
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,486
Thanked 1,879 Times in 994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
I know for a fact though me getting pulled over has nothing to do with my driving, I granny my car since it's so low don't wanna scrape, I've received only 1 speeding ticket in the last 5 years of driving and it was for going 10 over the limit, 60kmh.
So wouldn't that be enough reason to pull you over?
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #32
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ everything is a reason for cops to pull you over now apparently, they got specific rules of the book, and then you got each cop with their own interpretation of the rules, it can all get frustrating for a lot of tuners.


sho_bc, I read what you wrote... and...... ? what's the point you're trying to make? because I already made mine, and that was that air suspension is NOT illegal in Canada last time I checked.

in any case that's not the argument I'm trying to push, I'm not trying to push any argument as a matter of fact, I already got the answers I was looking for provided by the people who participated in this thread and that's all I need
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
* deleted post *
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.

Last edited by jlenko; 04-08-2010 at 07:12 PM.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
They must have a realistic-looking "DOT" stamp on them, so he's stupid enough to think it's legal for on-road use.

And the Cavalier jokes are sooooo 1999. Grow up, dipshit.

thanks for providing me ammo for an even better joke, and here it comes....

your Cavalier is so 1999 bro.... literally, fast and furious mod era died in very early 2000's, you still rockin it with pride though, mad props son, you got balls
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #35
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
* deleted post *
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.

Last edited by jlenko; 04-08-2010 at 07:12 PM.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
* deleted post *

Forget it. You're a waste of these fine police officer's time, and mine as well. Enjoy being pulled over.
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.

Last edited by jlenko; 04-08-2010 at 07:20 PM.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #37
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
edited as well: thanks for not turning it into a flamefest lenko

but I'm sorry it's come to the point where you have to resort to all this juvenile name calling, I thought we were just trading friendly verbal blows bro....

but anyway you wasting your time on me ? waste of flesh ? el negero, pleaaaaaseeee.... your fail count and the comments I see you post on this forum tells the opposite story, it's me who shouldnt waste my time on YOU.
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,731
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Nasty camber there. Ghetto spring-cutting lowering, or just too cheap for a camber kit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
The guy has a front camber kit that cost him $450, rear camber kit was about $150... no cut springs here, try Universal Air Suspension, retail $3 grand, not to mention the custom 3 piece wheels which retail between 4k and 6k depending on your specs.
That's a lotta money to spend for things to STILL not be set up right. I guess if he has the money for that, though, he'll have the money to replace the tires every few months.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #39
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
" zulu, all the parts on his car are street legal and are certified OEM equivalent or better. Which means it's legal for him to operate his vehicle on the street with these parts installed. So what's your point really ??"

My point is that the provincial Inspection manual says that a vehicle must be "rejected" if the suspension parts are "missing" and it would fail an inspection. You have already said that it looks like his car will get a VI and I'm telling you what he will run up against if it gets inspected. The manual is quite definite in what must be done.

This is the MV Reg dealing with it..

Prohibition
7D.01 (1) A person must not drive or operate on a highway a vehicle that has a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 4 500 kg if the vehicle's suspension can be independently controlled by a person riding in the vehicle while it is being driven or operated on a highway.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a vehicle equipped with a suspension controller accessible in the passenger compartment provided the controller is designed and installed by the original vehicle manufacturer at the time of manufacture


also in Div 7 of the Regs.

Shock absorbing devices shall not be missing, disconnected or inoperative.

lTorque arms, U-bolts, spring hangers or other axle positioning parts shall not be cracked, broken, loose or missing.

Not more than one leaf or more than 1/4 of the leaves, whichever is the lesser, or the main leaf in any leaf spring assembly shall be broken or missing.

You also run into ground clearance requirements and alignment problems, as these can change every time you raise or lower the vehicle

Last edited by zulutango; 04-09-2010 at 10:51 AM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #40
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ oh ok then I get it now, I didn't before though, so thanks for the explanation.

none of his suspension components are missing though, almost every OEM part has been replaced by an aftermarket one, but they are all DOT approved however.


and yea he would definitely be an eyesore to any cop at a roadblock and would get a VI just based on the height of the vehicle and all the other strange lookin things that are out of the ordinary and different from most vehicles on the road. But if he were to fail that VI, it would have something to do with the height of the car and not because of missing suspension components, it's all about looks for me.

Soundy yea this VIP styling isn't setup for performance, it's all about aggressive looks, so to most people it looks a little awkward. For hellaflush guys it's the perfect setup, but for performance guys it looks plain retarded. My wheel setup for example, I can fit Murcielago sized tires on my wheels, 295 series up front and 355 series in the rear, but I'm not into performance.
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White

Last edited by G-spec; 04-09-2010 at 11:20 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #41
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,731
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
How does having your wheels out of whack, equate to "aggressive"?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #42
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ simple

hellaflush and slammed = aggressive and mean looking, while OEM and tucked = nothing aggressive, just performance oriented... case closed, this is common knowledge in the automotive world, even performance guys can't argue that fact. Each side knows the other has something that they don't, flush guys know they don't got the performance, and performance guys know that they lack the aggressive looks... pictures speak for themselves


hellaflush



hellanot
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #43
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,983
Thanked 4,971 Times in 2,174 Posts
hellaflush is a hellafail. and having your camber out of wack lowers your contact patch with the pavement, reducing your ability to stop those oversized wheels from turning.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #44
Old School RS
 
lowside67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Port Moody
Posts: 4,124
Thanked 3,103 Times in 942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
^ simple

hellaflush and slammed = aggressive and mean looking, while OEM and tucked = nothing aggressive, just performance oriented... case closed, this is common knowledge in the automotive world, even performance guys can't argue that fact. Each side knows the other has something that they don't, flush guys know they don't got the performance, and performance guys know that they lack the aggressive looks... pictures speak for themselves


hellaflush



hellanot
My old car... hella flush and actually not GAY unlike these retard cars you keep posting since it can actually turn and stop well...





I mean the wheels arent that big really... 285-30-18s on 18x10s all around on a car that came with 6.5" wide wheels stock.
__________________
2011 BMW 128I
lowside67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #45
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: van
Posts: 781
Thanked 324 Times in 104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
hellaflush is a hellafail. and having your camber out of wack lowers your contact patch with the pavement, reducing your ability to stop those oversized wheels from turning.
^This ftw
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #46
#savethemanuals
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 2,232 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
hellaflush is a hellafail. and having your camber out of wack lowers your contact patch with the pavement, reducing your ability to stop those oversized wheels from turning.
So true. I wonder when this hellaflush fad will end.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #47
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,983
Thanked 4,971 Times in 2,174 Posts
I'm not sure, how long did "murdered out" last? I just hope it takes intentionally rusted out body parts with it.

The only thing that scares me is wondering what kind of stupidity will come next.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #48
#savethemanuals
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 2,232 Times in 860 Posts
Vinyl wrap maybe? Haha its still kind of cool now depending on what kind of car is wrapped.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #49
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
it's annoying as hell when guys wanna beat a dead horse repeating the same arguments why aggressive wheel setups are more prone to damage, EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS !
you guys aren't winning any brownie points nor appearing smart repeating the same thing over and over and over again.

The hellaflush debate is WAY past that already! it's done strictly for looks and nothing more.
They're two opposite ends of the spectrum, we can all have our opinions but I'm sick of one side always claiming the other is better....
Small ugly dinky 16 inch rims with fat tires are done for performance, they win no style points but plenty of performance points.
Big flush super wide/lipped wheels are meant to look as aggressive as possible and nothing more, many a style point are won with these setups, none for performance however.



There IS one performance advantage for low profile stretched tires however, and it's when it comes to drifting, less sidewall = less tire flex = smoother drifts, that's pretty much where the fad started, and it will be here for a long time to come considering the fact drifting ain't going nowhere, we ALL know that! so you guys keep holding onto your dreams that it's just a "fad" and that it will pass, but that's pure ignorance if you believe that.
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #50
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,983
Thanked 4,971 Times in 2,174 Posts
yes, but the majority of cars running around like this are NOT drift cars, they are street cars. real drifters will keep using the performance aspects of things to help their cars drift better, people with silly street cars will keep following fads.

and again, having camber and such out of wack, wheels that stick out too far and generally having your car set up in a way that is detrimental to it's ability to perform as needed on city streets should net you a VI for good reason.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net