REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #51
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
^ simple

hellaflush and slammed = aggressive and mean looking, while OEM and tucked = nothing aggressive, just performance oriented... case closed, this is common knowledge in the automotive world, even performance guys can't argue that fact. Each side knows the other has something that they don't, flush guys know they don't got the performance, and performance guys know that they lack the aggressive looks... pictures speak for themselves


hellaflush



hellanot
None of this explains how making your car look like it was dropped from a crane, equates to making it look "aggressive".

If I dropped you off a building and you landed on your feet and jammed your ankles up into your knees, would that make you look more aggressive?

All it looks like is a car with a bad mechanic.
Advertisement
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #52
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
The hellaflush debate is WAY past that already! it's done strictly for looks and nothing more.
That's fine and dandy, but it still doesn't explain how this look is "aggressive".

It looks about as aggressive as Forest Gump wearing leg braces because his feet are gimpy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #53
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 100
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
So this isn't aggressive? I think it looks great when done right.

Dazzl240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #54
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ Dazzl don't even bother with Soundy, you can't argue a point with a man when he won't even accept the bare facts.

This is pretty basic knowledge and literal fact in the automotive world, that the two things you can do to your car to make it look more aggressive is .... (aside from riced out body kits) the first one is to lower it, that's the biggest... then the second would be to get some nice fitting wheels for it. (maybe not necessarily overly cambered and stretched, but you get the point)

he's just stating his opinion that's all


well what I needed from this thread I got so I'm exiting further discussion..... I learned to stay the heck away from Richmond, and I also learned specific laws pertaining to a few things thanks to the posts by the police officers in the thread and a few other guys, thanks much appreciated!
I'm just trying to be on the same page with the cops, wanna know what's acceptable and what isn't, I'm tired of being pulled over for every little thing.
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White

Last edited by G-spec; 04-09-2010 at 05:31 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #55
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,964
Thanked 4,950 Times in 2,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
That's fine and dandy, but it still doesn't explain how this look is "aggressive".

It looks about as aggressive as Forest Gump wearing leg braces because his feet are gimpy.
thought process:
1) idiot wants big rims
2) idiot can't fit big rims
3) idiot shoves on oversized rims anyways, with tires stretched within an inch of their life in an attempt to make them somehow fit his car

it's just another example of something that was once useful for performance (increasing contact patch during cornering etc) that is now taken to the extreme by people who are convinced it "looks good this way"
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #56
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
^ Dazzl don't even bother with Soundy, you can't argue a point with a man when he won't even accept the bare facts.

This is pretty basic knowledge and literal fact in the automotive world, that the two things you can do to your car to make it look more aggressive is .... (aside from riced out body kits) the first one is to lower it, that's the biggest... then the second would be to get some nice fitting wheels for it.
Wow, you fail so hard it's not even funny. Where did I say anything about lowering or "nice-fitting" wheels? I've been referring all along to nothing except the whacked-out camber that makes the car look BROKEN. Not aggressive, not bad-ass... just BROKEN.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #57
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 100
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Wow, you fail so hard it's not even funny. Where did I say anything about lowering or "nice-fitting" wheels? I've been referring all along to nothing except the whacked-out camber that makes the car look BROKEN. Not aggressive, not bad-ass... just BROKEN.
Is this what you mean by broken?





Sure its ridiculous...but in a good way.
Dazzl240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #58
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzl240 View Post
Is this what you mean by broken?





Sure its ridiculous...but in a good way.
That's how the back end of my Honda looked when a ball joint snapped.

That's what I mean by "broken".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #59
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
LenovoTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: H2K
Posts: 991
Thanked 287 Times in 98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
That's how the back end of my Honda looked when a ball joint snapped.

That's what I mean by "broken".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2dcfrkn.jpg (41.0 KB, 0 views)
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #60
Old School RS
 
lowside67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Port Moody
Posts: 4,120
Thanked 3,101 Times in 941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzl240 View Post
Is this what you mean by broken?





Sure its ridiculous...but in a good way.
No, you are confused, that is ridiculous as in "look at that fucking tard".
__________________
2011 BMW 128I
lowside67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #61
B&S Sexy mod
 
stevo911_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Victoria
Posts: 7,522
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
...I'm starting to like my chances more now, because I've been pulled over close to a dozen times with my current setup, and not one officer questioned my ride height or why my wheels poke out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
...correction I've been pulled over close to 20 times since I've gotten the car 3 years ago...
You're obviously doing something wrong if you're gettting pulled over that frequently...
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #62
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canoe
Posts: 373
Thanked 31 Times in 10 Posts
aggressive stance:

Last edited by Quicksilver; 08-05-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #63
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
^ And torque too!
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #64
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
aggressive stance:
THAT is aggressive, head to toe. No need to fake it with gimped wheels.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by skidmark; 04-13-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #65
Sofa King Cool
 
Azriel_Strife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chilliwack BC
Posts: 86
Thanked 69 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
true true, a good part of the tire is out past the fender I agree you got me on that...

I'm trying to go fully street legal and compliant, I just put my front plate on and no front tint, I don't wanna deal with cops anymore getting pulled over every weekend almost.... I'm trying to be fully legal and not give them any reason to pull me over except for speeding, which isn't a problem for me anyway because I drive like a granny

but now thinking just at the possibility of them dictating to me how low I have my car and how I fit my wheels, just thinking about it is making my blood boil..... this would push me over the edge right past that line of where enough is enough if ya know what I'm saying.

I will lose it if I get pulled over by some rookie cop who tells me "I pulled you over because your wheels are crooked"
If I'm wrong correct me, but I believe the lowest part of your car can be no less than 4" above the ground. (lowest meaning whatever is closest to the ground, be it side skirts, cat, exhaust, ect)


you gotta get those wheels flush without being past the fender, or you'll get pulled over eventually. there's no performance benefit with that much camber.
__________________
1992 Lexus SC400, 1UZ-FE
Cold Air Intake
Custom Midpipe w/ Electronic Dump
W58 5 Speed Swap
TSW Zolder 18" x 9.5" 20 offset
Lowered 2" on Eibach Springs
Azriel_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #66
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,834
Thanked 1,485 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzl240 View Post
Is this what you mean by broken?





Sure its ridiculous...but in a good way.
No that doesn't look broken. Just stupid



What kind of "aftermarket" air suspension is street legal? I've never seen one. Every air suspension setup I've seen is labeled "for off road use only" Even coilovers are generally labeled the same. The reason being the manufacturers of such devises don't want to be held liable in the event of failure causing death injury or other damage.
This is but ONE of the reasons why such mods are illegal because you're insurance provider doen't want to be held liable for them either and ICBC is one of the fine contributors to the MVA.
Modified ride height can fail, modified brakes can fail, even modified tire size can screw you. Even if all these mods are a genuine improvement to handling saftey or drivability.
There are limits to how much you can modify your suspension and those limits are dictated by the geometry and over all ride height of your suspension and car. It's the owners responsibility to maintain that and its the cops responibility to enforce that saddly tho some cops don't know all the rules and poorly enforce their interpretation of them.
But hey some of them excersize poor judgment in worst ways. Be glad your getting labeled a drug dealer and not arrested as one.
__________________
Rise Auto Salon

11938 95a Ave Delta
I can be reached VIA text @ 778-232-1465

Oil change special $70 5 liters synthetic oil including OEM filter Fender rolling from $45 per fender
Car Audio:
Focal, Morel, Genesis, Clarion, Scosche, Escort, Compustar, GReddy, Blitz, Tomei, Motul, Endless, Defi, Cusco, Nismo + More


We specialize in:
Custom Car Audio
Race/4x4 Fabrication
Forced Induction
Engine Swaps
General Maintenance
Phil@rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #67
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azriel_Strife View Post
If I'm wrong correct me, but I believe the lowest part of your car can be no less than 4" above the ground. (lowest meaning whatever is closest to the ground, be it side skirts, cat, exhaust, ect)
You're wrong - no part of the body may be lower than the lowest part of the rims. In other words, if your tires all go completely flat, the car should still not touch the ground (assuming the ground is perfectly flat, of course).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #68
I'll be good I promise.
 
Kim Jong Un's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Korea
Posts: 1,927
Thanked 1,492 Times in 323 Posts
off topic: whoever that g35 belong too.... hella flush approved
Kim Jong Un is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #69
Sofa King Cool
 
Azriel_Strife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chilliwack BC
Posts: 86
Thanked 69 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
You're wrong - no part of the body may be lower than the lowest part of the rims. In other words, if your tires all go completely flat, the car should still not touch the ground (assuming the ground is perfectly flat, of course).
Ahh I see. So you can cheat your way to legal lowness by getting low profile rims. Good to know. I had a friend get a box 2 VI cause hi car was "too low" he had 3" of clearance on 18's with 235/50's. Cop made a bogus call I guess.
__________________
1992 Lexus SC400, 1UZ-FE
Cold Air Intake
Custom Midpipe w/ Electronic Dump
W58 5 Speed Swap
TSW Zolder 18" x 9.5" 20 offset
Lowered 2" on Eibach Springs
Azriel_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #70
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,964
Thanked 4,950 Times in 2,163 Posts
you can also be too low if the center of your headlights is too low.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #71
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
FerrariEnzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: somewhere
Posts: 7,656
Thanked 2,352 Times in 949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
I'm trying to go fully street legal and compliant
going by this, then you should have your car STOCK... any mods on a car and the cops can pull you over..

i dnt know if the laws changed, but and thing you do your car that IS NOT factory is still considered illegal, but most if not all cops are just to lazy to write up reports or something along those lines...
__________________
My Buy&Sell Feedback, Thanx
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #72
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
"but most if not all cops are just to lazy to write up reports or something along those lines... "

If they did, then somebody would be whining here on how they are getting picked on and why aren't the Cops out solving real crimes.

In the real world Traffic Sections have the training and job mandate to deal with the things you want dealt with...GD Members do not have the time, training or mandate to handle traffic matters unless they run across it during an investigation.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #73
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
When I was younger and dumber I used to get pissed off at all this, but now that I'm older I understand that it's all a product of.....
stupid young idiots with modified cars driving like idiots == street racing == killing innocent pedestrians == local municipalities pressuring their representatives to implement tougher laws for modified cars (because modified cars + their owners apparently = street racer) and Richmond is a prime example of this formula I've outlined above


in any case, I understand this completely, because there was a lot of idiots out there with modified cars giving the rational and responsible tuner community a very bad name back then, today not so much the import tuner guys, today the rich parent powered kids in their expensive cars are the main culprit today.
I still remember years ago around the Fast and Furious era and even before through the 90's the coolest thing you could do is post a street racing story on a forum. Nowadays you get permabanned and shunned for doing so...

My point is that the tuning community has come a very long way in a few short years and we're still being punished because in the eyes of the enforcers (cops) we all seem to fit in the same category. But all I see on the road every day of driving now is normal people running very late yellow and red lights, people trying to get ahead of the line and dangerously budging, everyone cutting each other off, inattentive drivers etc.... these things are much more likely to cause a death on the road than a lowered car is. But I understand it's easier to setup a roadblock and ticket every modified car as opposed to actually sitting at an intersection and chase down light runners, it just seems to be more about convenience at the end of the day.


anyway, these the points I'm trying to make and we all got a good damn reason to be pissed at any cop that pulls anyone over for a bullcrap reason... I got a good reason to get mad at an ignorant and arrogant cop that calls me a drug dealer cause I happen to have shiny rims, when I work hard with my own two hands to earn every dollar I have. (I'm not a dealer by the way, dad owns a renovation company, I do renovations)
but I think we as a tuner community as a whole need to start acting more respectable to the police even when they're being unfair, I mean enough respect being thrown their way by guys they probably consider punks has to sink in, we oughtta start seeing some fairness and respect reciprocated back at some point.

The playing field has to be leveled somehow, because there is way too much bs in these streets being carried out for bs reasons
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #74
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,834
Thanked 1,485 Times in 568 Posts
Modified cars have been a thorn in the side of parents and law enforcement since the inception of hot rodding.
The whole targeting issue is nothing new nor is it entirely unwarranted. Being type cast as a drug dealer or street racer sucks and many of us have fallen prey to a cop painting with a broad brush but the reality is there's thousands of them out there and it's getting harder and harder for the police to identify them.
I'm not sticking up for broad spectrum tuner hassling. I think such targeting is BS as well but its reality, a sad reality we have to live with.
Your right tho respect begets respect.............. or one should hope.
When I get pulled over and I do for various reasons (I do drive a heat score truck half the year) I just smile and be polite but not patronizing and have your DL within arms reach.
Last time I got stopped the cop smiled laughed and she said "I love it but it's soooooo illegal" I responded "and so much fun".
I got poke as wide as your wheels all the way around.
__________________
Rise Auto Salon

11938 95a Ave Delta
I can be reached VIA text @ 778-232-1465

Oil change special $70 5 liters synthetic oil including OEM filter Fender rolling from $45 per fender
Car Audio:
Focal, Morel, Genesis, Clarion, Scosche, Escort, Compustar, GReddy, Blitz, Tomei, Motul, Endless, Defi, Cusco, Nismo + More


We specialize in:
Custom Car Audio
Race/4x4 Fabrication
Forced Induction
Engine Swaps
General Maintenance
Phil@rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net