REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs

Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs 2016 RS.Net iT Admin: SkinnyPupp
Organizational feedback, general suggestions, account fix requests, concerns, acknowledgements, website and forum bugs & fixes. Support the site, by downloading the official RS App for Android!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #26
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
hotjoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 12,667
Thanked 649 Times in 352 Posts
not a bad at all liquidturbo
Advertisement
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #27
Banned (BBM)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,146
Thanked 627 Times in 368 Posts
buttom line some ppl take thanks and fail wayyyyyyyy too seriously
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #28
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,716
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Slightly offtopic, I got a member who's been stalking my all my posts lately and randomly failing all of them, does that count as abuse of the Thanks/Fail button?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #29
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,999
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
Yes, report them
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #30
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,716
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
How and where? Thanks.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #31
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,999
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
PM me I guess
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #32
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
slightly off topic again, but is it possible to remove the fails from people who were failstalking you?
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #33
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,716
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
^ Yea of course. If its possible to delete Thanks.. you can delete fails as well.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS
 
ajax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: PoCo
Posts: 2,062
Thanked 551 Times in 141 Posts
I recommend taking your own advice. Since you are one of the higher ranking mods on this forum, posts that involve calling people idiots, retards etc. etc. should be toned down by you. And by toned down I mean majorly. I think I am yet to see a post where you have not done so. Basically it seems like whenever you do not agree with someone you resort to calling them stupid or retarded for their point of view. You have to lead by example and get off your high horse.
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #35
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 16,338
Thanked 5,611 Times in 2,300 Posts
thought i contribute to this thread.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...4&postcount=44
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...3&postcount=53

so i thanked the 2nd post and skinnypupp deleted it cause i thanked a 'flame post that got personal'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp
You can't argue that, so don't bother.
if you weren't so narrow-minded you might have realized tekran has a valid argument. yet you were probably too offended by the follow comment that you completely shut out his point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekran
stfu. You're making yourself sound like an idiot.
I don't mind anal mods, but PLEASE practice what you preach. Don't go critizing how fucked up the chinese government is and go censoring threads on RS. If you feel "you're in an idiot" is a flame post then don't go telling how fucking stupid people are (off the top of my head..against Amaru whatever in the healthy snack thread).

mkay that is all guys.
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #36
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,999
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
I deleted your thanks because you were wrong. You should be thanking me, not bitching at me.

Tekran has no argument, he is just an idiot who took things literally and personally. Therefore anyone who thanks his stupid post is an idiot. So I spared you the embarrassment

And I only call people idiots and morons when they are being stupid, so there's no way to 'tone it down' until the stupidity gets toned down
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #37
Banned By Establishment
 
Shun Izaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3
Thanked 266 Times in 124 Posts
oh lowlight... how you've changed RS...
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #38
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 624
Thanked 39 Times in 24 Posts
SP, i've only skimmed through this and you've contradicted yourself so many times. You say name calling etc when you are wrong is flame, yet you do exactly the same thing.

"I deleted your thanks because you were wrong. You should be thanking me, not bitching at me.

Tekran has no argument, he is just an idiot who took things literally and personally. Therefore anyone who thanks his stupid post is an idiot. So I spared you the embarrassment "
perfect example. His opinion does not agree with yours therefore it is a stupid post and therefore anyone that agrees with him; is an idiot. Not to mention, if you think thanks and fail is so irrelevant, then why are you deleting thanks/fails? If you had a fail column you probably would have the most on RS, just from your FD vs C5/C6 bs.
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #39
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 16,338
Thanked 5,611 Times in 2,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Tekran has no argument, he is just an idiot who took things literally and personally. Therefore anyone who thanks his stupid post is an idiot. So I spared you the embarrassment

And I only call people idiots and morons when they are being stupid, so there's no way to 'tone it down' until the stupidity gets toned down
Please review the post I quoted earlier from that thread again.

You put quotation marks around the word 'overtime' which seems condescending as if they aren't worthy of the overtime wages...of course someone can take offense to that. The sentence "Can't argue that, so don't bother it" doesn't help either. Your witty-ass comment in the first place is a flame itself...yet i doubt if people thanked your post you would delete them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnypupp
I deleted your thanks because you were wrong. You should be thanking me, not bitching at me.
Of course tekran has no argument and yes i should thank you cause i really should've kept my mouth shut because having zero opinion and bending over to a powertripping mod is fun
it just further proves your arrogance and narrow-minded traits. What is the point of having a discussion board when everyone just agrees on one topic and there are no arguments? Because i'd say more than half of the arguments you get into you start calling them an idiot yet their replies are 'flaming'.

Sure everyone can be hypocritical at time, but when it is this rampant it bothers me.
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #40
GO FLAMES GO
 
Tegra_Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 4,293
Thanked 2,051 Times in 610 Posts
^^ i agree with above statements...

sometimes i agree, you(SKinnypuppy) power trip as a mod and notice you go over the line into hypocritical many times.

that being said..i do see you proper modding, which then temporarily redeems yourself




**guess we will find out if i some how get punished for voicing my opinion**
__________________
2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Offroad *CURRENT*
2005 Nissan Xterra SE *SOLD*
1991 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X Widebody *SOLD*
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #41
MiX iT Up!
 
tiger_handheld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,692
Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
just a quick question. Who mods the mods? Is it the admins?
__________________

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.


Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #42
Isaac's Hardstyle Sessions
 
Drow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,773
Thanked 1,807 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
SP, i've only skimmed through this and you've contradicted yourself so many times. You say name calling etc when you are wrong is flame, yet you do exactly the same thing.

"I deleted your thanks because you were wrong. You should be thanking me, not bitching at me.

Tekran has no argument, he is just an idiot who took things literally and personally. Therefore anyone who thanks his stupid post is an idiot. So I spared you the embarrassment "
perfect example. His opinion does not agree with yours therefore it is a stupid post and therefore anyone that agrees with him; is an idiot. Not to mention, if you think thanks and fail is so irrelevant, then why are you deleting thanks/fails? If you had a fail column you probably would have the most on RS, just from your FD vs C5/C6 bs.
i agree

out of all the mods on revscene, SP is the most offensively judgmental one - even compared to normal members. and how come we cant fail him again? i can fail other mods, why not him?
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #43
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
'cause he's not a mod. He's an Admin.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #44
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 422
Thanked 259 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
'cause he's not a mod. He's an Admin.
Even a better reason.

SkinnyPupp should be setting an example for the rest of the forums. When an admin doesn't abide to the standards agreed to by the community, there's a problem.

If one's posts were intelligent and sincere, then I'd see no reason for that person to be "fail-immune". Random fails are easily deleted. Right now, people can't fail admins even if they were blatantly wrong about something.

IMO, the thanks and fail buttons should be removed because they cause way more problems than good. Too often I see retarded shit like "moar pics of the girl plz" in serious threads get thanked 10x while well thought-out arguments get failed for no reason. Someone disagrees with your opinion, you get failed.

Either everyone can get failed, or no one gets failed. Double-standards are just lame in general and suggest a fear of being criticized/called out.
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #45
GO FLAMES GO
 
Tegra_Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 4,293
Thanked 2,051 Times in 610 Posts
kinda like china, eh?
__________________
2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Offroad *CURRENT*
2005 Nissan Xterra SE *SOLD*
1991 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X Widebody *SOLD*
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net