REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
What's a good CC to rebuild credit on?

I recently received my credit report after who knows how many tries, and all the information there doesn't indicate i have a bad credit history, at least not to me.

I applied for scotia bank low interest rate credit card but was denied. I really want to rebuild my credit, does anyone know any credit card i can apply for that will easily get me approved. Even if it's on a high interest rate, i just want to spend a little bit and pay it off on time.
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #2

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
You may have to try and see about getting a CC by putting forth some money as a deposit. Also, the more times you view or give someone permission to view your credit, your credit score goes down.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
You may have to try and see about getting a CC by putting forth some money as a deposit. Also, the more times you view or give someone permission to view your credit, your credit score goes down.
Posted via RS Mobile
you mean like a secured credit card? do those help with credit ratings if paid on time?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

secured credit cards generally are not for individuals with bad credit, they are primary for individuals with no credit experience ie new immigrants.
If you believe you do not have bad credit the other possibility you have not been successful in applying is that you don't qualify on the basis of income.
Are you doing online applications? these simply go by the math
I suggest you go into the bank where you have a relationship (where your deposit accounts are) and have them do a full application where they can possibly mitigate your lack of income/ credit history with the relationship ( ie account always in good standing) but if you're doing online apps right now definitely stop
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Good info posted by woooo, take the advice.

My first CC had a $500 limit and was difficult to get from a bank. RBC was easier than Scotia, despite Scotia's claim of #1 in customer service I find them very difficult to deal with.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:21 AM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Good info posted by woooo, take the advice.

My first CC had a $500 limit and was difficult to get from a bank. RBC was easier than Scotia, despite Scotia's claim of #1 in customer service I find them very difficult to deal with.
My first one was from CIBC, got denied the first time when they mailed me the letter, I got furious and bitched at them on the phone. Shortly after I got approved.

At the time I was making 20,000 annually back in 2006.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

If you don't have a good credit the easiest way to get a credit card isn't with the banks.
You should try getting a President Choice or a Canadian Tire credit card. They pretty much approve anyone.
mrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
If you don't have a good credit the easiest way to get a credit card isn't with the banks.
You should try getting a President Choice or a Canadian Tire credit card. They pretty much approve anyone.
I just did with canadian tire and got a letter today saying they cannot offer me credit base on the information i've provided. i guess it's because i didn't put my SIN on the online app.

I had very good credit once and at the time I was using RBC chequing account. Got RBC platinum along with it for easier banking. Ran into some financial problem and they shut down both my credit and chequing account. Now I try to stay away from using the same bank for chequing and credit card accounts.

But I guess I have no choice, seems no where believes that I have steady income now besides my own bank.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
Ubereem Mod

SIN isn't required, as long as your Address is current, there shouldn't have been any problems pulling your bureaus.

It seems like to me, you have bad credit, and not "no credit". I would suggest if you have good income, providing that you money aside, I would hit up a Credit Union for a secured CC. Vancity or Coast, most of the time, they'll approve you as long as you have money set aside, and not some ridiculous ratios of like 4:1 (means got to put 4k aside for 1k card.) something usually 1:1 or at worst 2:1.

However, rebuilding your credit = you learn how to handle your money. If you haven't no amount of rebuilding will really be rebuilt.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote