REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #101
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
After reading a bunch of comments, it seems like OP's actually leaning more to the practicality of the MX-5,
but trying to see if people here can give him reasons why the other cars are better.

But I'm a Miata fan... lol
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #102
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,766 Posts
^ This is supposed to be a weekend fun car.

Practicality is for daily drivers.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #103
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

LOL, you got me there!

I only threw in the S2k because it was my favorite car back in highschool, and I envied everyone that got one for their gr12 graduation present

I really like the MX5 and the Z4M. They're on completely different ends of the spectrum. For those that call the MX5 'GAY' and 'WEAKSAUCE' : you clearly have never driven one before.

I drive with the flow of traffic, and I don't speed in public (LOL). My MPS6 is far from slow or boring, and I have always wanted a nimble roadster as a second car.

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 AM   #104
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
LOL, you got me there!

I only threw in the S2k because it was my favorite car back in highschool, and I envied everyone that got one for their gr12 graduation present

I really like the MX5 and the Z4M. They're on completely different ends of the spectrum. For those that call the MX5 'GAY' and 'WEAKSAUCE' : you clearly have never driven one before.

I drive with the flow of traffic, and I don't speed in public (LOL). My MPS6 is far from slow or boring, and I have always wanted a nimble roadster as a second car.
Haha the s2k was probably one of my least favorite cars back in highschool. I couldn't figure out why Honda wanted $55,000 for a car with 240hp.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:23 AM   #105
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
just go test drive if your really serious..

unless you ask people WHO acutally owned one of the cars, otherwise is pointless. It all comes down to which one you like. Doesnt really matter if we this car A.. if you have your heart set on car B, then get it.

all i have to say is jsut test drive and see which one you like..
Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #106
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

For the value and fun factor and low maintenance, go for the MX-5 PRHT.
As for power, yes, relatively to other cars on your list, its is lower, but really for such a light car, 170HP is way more than enough.
I have no issues with driving my NC on the highway with 170HP. Yes it is a bit noisy and boomy but it is a convertible. And in the city, 170HP is more than enough. Finally, with simple Pro-kit/Mazdaspeed spring and RX-8 sway upgrade, it handles so well and looks fantastic.
There is no pretentious with the Miata. It is what it is.
Vulgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #107
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
Haha the s2k was probably one of my least favorite cars back in highschool. I couldn't figure out why Honda wanted $55,000 for a car with 240hp.
blame canada's gay ass system

thought it was $47 not $55

oh well, watever

down in the states when they were still selling, the price was much more reasonable than the shit we get here.
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #108
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
blame canada's gay ass system

thought it was $47 not $55

oh well, watever

down in the states when they were still selling, the price was much more reasonable than the shit we get here.
I could be wrong but I seem to recall going to honda.ca to settle an argument, and finding that it was something like $54,500 MSRP hahaha.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #109
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Z4M by far! z4m maintenance isn't THAT bad. It needs a valve adjustment every 40-50K KM's and that's where the bulk of the money goes. It's actually an easy job to do yourself. You must use the castrol 10w60 oil though (liquid gold $$$).

I really think the z4m will outhandle the s2000 and pass it easily in the straights...The seats ARE very uncomfortable though for long drives.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #110

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
I could be wrong but I seem to recall going to honda.ca to settle an argument, and finding that it was something like $54,500 MSRP hahaha.
I just remember WIHOUT a single option, after tax came to about 59k. But those were just Honda.ca online pricing though. I'm sure if you walked into the dealership, it should be a lot lower, but still, it's retarded how much more expensive the cars are here in Canada.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #111
Banned (ABWS)

No offense but you sound like a grandma looking for abit of excitement. Miata should be your only option.

I don't think you'd appreciate the raw design of an S2000 nor appreciate the details of a Z4 from what you describe you need it for. Nevermind that its lines are much sexier than a new miata. i find rx8s awkward but id choose its styling over any miata.

Your purpose of a nimble weekend roadster is a clear contrary to what a roadster is. You want cheap maintenance/practical/not noisy/comfy. I suppose you also want a few extra cupholders with that too.
600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #112
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
No offense but this thread is half a year old.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:33 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600rr View Post
No offense but you sound like a grandma looking for abit of excitement. Miata should be your only option.

I don't think you'd appreciate the raw design of an S2000 nor appreciate the details of a Z4 from what you describe you need it for. Nevermind that its lines are much sexier than a new miata. i find rx8s awkward but id choose its styling over any miata.

Your purpose of a nimble weekend roadster is a clear contrary to what a roadster is. You want cheap maintenance/practical/not noisy/comfy. I suppose you also want a few extra cupholders with that too.
Before you respond to a thread, you should probably read the OP carefully first. Otherwise, you'll come off as retard and a super-deucebag.

BTW, I wouldn't call the Z4 a work of art either. The creases on the door bugs me to no end. Also, you make the Z4 sound like it's a Rolls-Royce or smth. The interior is pretty drab and has acres of shitty plastics. I threw this car in the mix because I love the driving dynamics of it and I love the super-high-revving I6 without being extremely flashy.

By the way, I'm not the one that's so insecure that I need to be rolling in the cheapest BMW with a roundel badge. A 10 yr old 323i with no HIDs and fogs.. seriously?
I would be embarassed to flaunt that as my DP.. LOL

Old 11-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #114
Banned (ABWS)

s2k!
RollingStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #115
G'd up! w000weee

my ex had a miata and my friend has a s2k...in the driver's seat, i felt cramped in both of them and i'm 5'7", slim build.

i think it would be uncomfortable to ride from kelowna to vancouver or vice versa.

i cannot comment on the z4m, but i'd pick that one over the 2 that i've mentioned
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #116
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I think they are all terrible but if I had to pick I would get the BMW I guess..

Why don't you just get a Bentley?
RangeRover is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #117
Need my Daily Fix of RS

the Z4m is sick!!
buddha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #118
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600rr View Post

buddha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #119

honestly if road noise is such a concern, why are you looking for a roadster?

anyways, regarding the s2000 seats, i drove my ap2 down on a roadtrip that consisted of about 9 driving days of anywhere from 4 to 11 hours, and my back was perfectly fine?

the only thing i would recommend is removing your wallet from your backpocket if you're planning on driving longer than 1 hr.

and the weak radio can be easily remedied by getting a new head unit. that will also reduce the road noise

anyways, sincse this thread is old, not sure if you already bought a new car, but based on what you've said so far, the newer miata's w/ the powered hardtop sounds like your best bet

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #120
I don't get it

s2k
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #121

Thanks for the post Hakkaboy. No, I haven't bought a car yet. I'm quite content with my MSP6 at the moment.

I'm waiting till Jan when people are poor from Xmas and needs to get rid of their toys! I'll go in for the kill then

So far, I am leaning towards the 06/07 Z4 3.0si 6spd manual in Montego blue + black interior. My only mods will be stickey summer tires and an exhaust (thinking about a Remus one..)