REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #51
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Does Canada have pending/existing/new home sale index like in the United States?

People are putting their houses up for sale, but what about the actual sales transaction volume?

What I mean is that are there a lot of deals getting closed or is people just mostly on the side looking?
Advertisement
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
^ isn't that what the red line is for? real dollars?
Yep, I'm not sure why he double adjusted for inflation.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #53
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post
Does Canada have pending/existing/new home sale index like in the United States?

People are putting their houses up for sale, but what about the actual sales transaction volume?

What I mean is that are there a lot of deals getting closed or is people just mostly on the side looking?
This has been posted for Vancouver, I'm not sure about nationally. Sales this year are slightly lower than the boom years 2003-2007, yet almost back to those levels if not above them this month.

Active listings in 2010 are outpacing 2008, yet in 2008 sales were in the toilet, in 2010 sales are great. Imagine what active listings would be like if sales had dried up.... or shall I say when sales do dry up.

Update on my house sale: financing fell through for the buyers cause the banks are being way more strict about approval than pre-approval. New offer already and sale should be final tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #54
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Yep, I'm not sure why he double adjusted for inflation.
oops, all that work for nothing. Apparently I cant read
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #55
Unauthourized Spammer

Taylor, should we just set up a meeting or something to talk about this stuff with with a group and bounce some ideas off one another?

Seems like there are a whole lot of questions and I get a lot of PM's everytime I log in (which is once a month these days).

Let me know what you think.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #56
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Taylor, should we just set up a meeting or something to talk about this stuff with with a group and bounce some ideas off one another?

Seems like there are a whole lot of questions and I get a lot of PM's everytime I log in (which is once a month these days).

I think you should. I'd be the first to attend your seminar.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #57
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I don't think "we" should set anything up. When I wanted to know more, I found people in the know and took them out for beers/coffee.

If others want to know more then they should setup a VLS coffee meet. I'll gladly attend.

You did hit something on the head in another thread: housing has been beaten to death, and there's not much more to say. I have found the questions are shifting towards investing rather than housing, and will admit this is a topic I still take my advice from others. Thus why I stray away from answering specific investment questions and prefer to leave it to the pros.

On that topic: My house is sold, I'll have $200K split between non-registered, TFSA, and RRSP accounts which I'd rather not manage anymore. I could use a good financial adviser, especially a local one I could meet with to discuss options. If you have recommendations for advisers, I'll certainly buy you a coffee!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #58
HELP ME PLS!!!

I would like to know a good one as well.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #59
Ubereem Mod

I got recommendations for you Taylor,

I'll PM you with some names and contacts, and maybe i can get them to give you a shout as well.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #60
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
I got recommendations for you Taylor,

I'll PM you with some names and contacts, and maybe i can get them to give you a shout as well.
Thanks dude! I got a recommendation from another member which I am going to check out next week once all the house stuff is finalized. The more the merrier, I'd like the opportunity to interview a few to see which fits me best.