REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

has anyone uninvited someone to a wedding?

long story short, i have an uncle who has always been rude/condescending to me, and just yesterday he sent me an email telling me I need to resend an invitation to my cousin (his son) to include his gf who he's been dating for maybe 4-6 months, since he wont go without her. He also said since money is an issue(which its not, and he knows that) he will mail me the money to have her there. our wedding is going to be small (75 ppl) and me and the fiance decided no gfs/bfs, unless either of us has met them and know theyre serious.

I could never stand my uncle, and he's still condescending/rude to me if though i'm a adult. My fathers side is caucasian, so family isnt as close as an asian family. i'm considering telling him not to come since i dont want anyone there who i dont like and whos going to piss me off.

what do you think? both my mother and fiance hate him and didnt want him there even before this happened...

Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
so your uncle is white? just email him, on second thought you cant come either.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Who's paying for the wedding? The person footing the bill usually has the final say. It's your day, don't let someone you don't like fuck it up. I'd go with Fafine's idea.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Man thats pretty rude, im with presto ^, its your wedding not his, if they don't like it too bad, you wouldn't want someone who's gonna go and start trouble for you. Its a once in a lifetime thing, don't let your memory of it be a bad one. If she wasn't inviting why are they imposing, thats pretty hurting, A buddy of mine was getting married and I wasn't invited until 2 weeks before RSVP deadline, I felt like crap, so I didn't even bother going
YoungRichFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Who's paying for the wedding? The person footing the bill usually has the final say. It's your day, don't let someone you don't like fuck it up. I'd go with Fafine's idea.
We're paying for the majority of the costs, and my parents are helping a bit, but they're leaving it up to us. I remember he fucked up my cousins wedding by giving some 20 min speach bashing david suzuki, which nothing to do with anything..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRichFly View Post
Man thats pretty rude, im with presto ^, its your wedding not his, if they don't like it too bad, you wouldn't want someone who's gonna go and start trouble for you. Its a once in a lifetime thing, don't let your memory of it be a bad one. If she wasn't inviting why are they imposing, thats pretty hurting, A buddy of mine was getting married and I wasn't invited until 2 weeks before RSVP deadline, I felt like crap, so I didn't even bother going
damn tahts pretty lame to send it 2 weeks before the RSVP deadline... i probably would have done the same as you
Old 04-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeivb View Post
what do you think? both my mother and fiance hate him and didnt want him there even before this happened...
I would say this + these recent actions = you should politely ask him not to attend.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

its you and your fiancee's special day..you have the final say. you make the rules!

G'luck and Congrats!
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:07 AM   #8
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
if you want to avoid awkward situations in the future with your uncle, then dont uninvite him
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #9
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
just tell him you are serving bear palm, monkey brain, pig lung soup, tiger penis on the table...then he won't come.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #10
I don't get it

I dont think you should politely say that he' isnt invited. He, along with his own family, will be around you for the rest of your life. Rather, just kindly say that the rules of the invitation stay as is and it is the firm decision of the people behind the wedding (you and your family). Regardless of his reply, leave it as is. He can choose not to come (to your benefit) or follow through with the invitation. I can't imagine he'll be barging through the doors with his son and his gf.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #11
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_sashimi View Post
I dont think you should politely say that he' isnt invited. He, along with his own family, will be around you for the rest of your life. Rather, just kindly say that the rules of the invitation stay as is and it is the firm decision of the people behind the wedding (you and your family). Regardless of his reply, leave it as is. He can choose not to come (to your benefit) or follow through with the invitation. I can't imagine he'll be barging through the doors with his son and his gf.
this one.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniyou View Post
if you want to avoid awkward situations in the future with your uncle, then dont uninvite him
Good point, this is one of the big motivating factors for not uninviting him.

Quote:
Well he's pretty old, probably almost 70, so i dont think he's going to be around that much longer, and besides that I only see him and his family once every few years, and the crowd is so big I never talk to them.

When I replied to his email, I politely told him the guest list is not his concern, and we would understand if anyone would not attend because of that.

My fiance suggested I leave it as it, consesus so far is split.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-fever View Post
its you and your fiancee's special day..you have the final say. you make the rules!

G'luck and Congrats!
Thanks! I know we have the final say, which makes the decision so hard
Old 04-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #14
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
yup
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:09 AM   #15

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Pretty much what I was thinking too - just tell him plans are set and it's too late to change the guest list. That leaves the decision not to come entirely up to your cousin and your uncle. If they want to be petty and stay away, then it's all on them.

Quote:
When I replied to his email, I politely told him the guest list is not his concern, and we would understand if anyone would not attend because of that.

My fiance suggested I leave it as it, consesus so far is split.
Smart girl, that fiance. <obligatory rs comment>You should post pics of her </rs>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Smart girl, that fiance. <obligatory rs comment>You should post pics of her </rs>
She is, otherwise I wouldnt want to marry her

Here you go, sorry she's not smiling:

want some more?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #17
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
^Hahahaha... be careful what you ask for.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #18

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
hahahah, okay, you win :noob:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #19
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
your wedding, your call...

dont let someone ruin your special occassion that you know they will do. have a talk with your fiance...
Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #20
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Pretty much what I was thinking too - just tell him plans are set and it's too late to change the guest list. That leaves the decision not to come entirely up to your cousin and your uncle. If they want to be petty and stay away, then it's all on them.
This, I wouldn't uninvite your uncle but I'd be firm on not allowing your cousins date. If it means your cousin or your uncle don't show it's their loss not yours. The reason i wouldn't uninvite him is because he's either your dad or mothers brother and he's already been invited, it would make it really awkward and might piss off other members of your family.

I had a super awkward situation at my wedding. One of my groomsmen got really sick (liver cancer). He could barely leave the house for anything other then doctor appointments by the time of our wedding, talking to him about having someone else step in for him was super weird. He was very good about it though and tried to make me feel OK about it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #21
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
The people at your wedding are supposed to help you celebrate your marriage. If they can't do that.. they have no business being there.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #22
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
are you serious? weight the pros and cons dude. It'll cost you SO MUCH more headaches if you dont' invite the gf. You'll never hear the end of it if you dont' invite them let alone trying to 'deinvite' them.

Be the bigger person here and have the spots ready for them (you'll know there will be extra spots regardless), but put them at the furthest part away from your table behind some piller and just let it be.
Oh, don't reply his email and wait for him his call and just say you didn't get it since you're been very busy.

You have nothing to lose, you're even getting money from it. Be the bigger person or else you'll never hear the end of it.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
are you serious? weight the pros and cons dude. It'll cost you SO MUCH more headaches if you dont' invite the gf. You'll never hear the end of it if you dont' invite them let alone trying to 'deinvite' them.

Be the bigger person here and have the spots ready for them (you'll know there will be extra spots regardless), but put them at the furthest part away from your table behind some piller and just let it be.
Oh, don't reply his email and wait for him his call and just say you didn't get it since you're been very busy.

You have nothing to lose, you're even getting money from it. Be the bigger person or else you'll never hear the end of it.
Me and my fiance discussed the issue of bfs/gfs before making the guestlist, and we decided on inviting the guests bf/gf if we know/met them. To be fair, if we invited my cousins gf who we've never met/know, we would invite the rest of our guests bfs/gfs, which could potentially add on 10+ ppl who we've never met.

This has nothing about being a bigger person, its about being fair. Personally I dont want a bunch of strangers in our wedding pictures who might not even be dating my friend/relative in a few months time. This cousin has been going out with his girlfriend for maybe 6
months, and its his first girlfriend, i think he's in his early twenties, so even if I did invite her, they might not even be together at the time of the wedding.

For the record, money is not an issue.

Last edited by Marioo1991; 04-29-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #24
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post

^Fail. OP has a very thought out process, made his choices, decided on it. And we're all in basic agreement. He stood his ground and made his choice, the ball is in the court of the uncle and the son.

You go to the wedding to celebrate the ppl getting married, even if you are a relative, you should not force your way into changing the plans of the wedding.

Quote:
Me and my fiance discussed the issue of bfs/gfs before making the guestlist, and we decided on inviting the guests bf/gf if we know/met them. To be fair, if we invited my cousins gf who we've never met/know, we would invite the rest of our guests bfs/gfs, which could potentially add on 10+ ppl who we've never met.

This has nothing about being a bigger person, its about being fair. Personally I dont want a bunch of strangers in our wedding pictures who might not even be dating my friend/relative in a few months time. This cousin has been going out with his girlfriend for maybe 6
months, and its his first girlfriend, i think he's in his early twenties, so even if I did invite her, they might not even be together at the time of the wedding.

For the record, money is not an issue.
Good! +1
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #25
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
what cultural background.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote