REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   Twanger Thread Locals discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/614938-twanger-thread-locals-discussion.html)

Kim Jong Un 05-15-2010 11:59 PM

Twanger Thread Locals discussion

So this became a discussion now? Since when?

Graeme S 05-16-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwen (Post 6953596)
:) Enjoy anyways.

No. They won't.

Locals are not allowed, Nwen, and you are on probation. This is your one and only warning. You already knew this was a rule when you tried posting someone else's pictures in here.

No matter how much of a boone you are to this thread, you are still bannable. Remember that.

Shun Izaki 05-16-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 6953597)
No. They won't.

Locals are not allowed, Nwen, and you are on probation. This is your one and only warning. You already knew this was a rule when you tried posting someone else's pictures in here.

No matter how much of a boone you are to this thread, you are still bannable. Remember that.

wait a sec... does it count if we know? is that still a cease and dessist kinda thing? coz i swear some shit we used to post in the old thread, we never knew...

and then i found out who they were XD

TOS'd 05-16-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 6953597)

IMO, points should not be awarded for those who post locals. The pictures should just be taken down by the poster or a mod at the request of a member who feels them or their friends should not be in this thread. We aren't all of the same age, therefore we do not know the same people. In addition, many pictures are found on blog type sites which show no information as to where the person in the picture is from. Obviously your intentions are clear is you post a direct link to their facebook picture, since it usually tells you were the person resides. Lastly, there have been many locals posted in this thread which have never been commented on. Why? Because for some of them, no one on this site personally knows them.

typ. 05-16-2010 09:19 AM

What I don't get is why they can't post locals. The people posted their own picture on the internet, therefore, it's viewable for everyone :) Maybe don't take sexy pictures of yourself, or wear slutty clothes.

/rant

tofu1413 05-16-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap_AV (Post 6953788)
What I don't get is why they can't post locals. The people posted their own picture on the internet, therefore, it's viewable for everyone :) Maybe don't take sexy pictures of yourself, or wear slutty clothes.

/rant

+1

TOPEC 05-16-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

/rant

+2653562564356756734567

avinayyar 05-16-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

/rant

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Kim Jong Un 05-16-2010 01:20 PM

Lame excuses to give me points.

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-16-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 6953769)
IMO, points should not be awarded for those who post locals. The pictures should just be taken down by the poster or a mod at the request of a member who feels them or their friends should not be in this thread. We aren't all of the same age, therefore we do not know the same people. In addition, many pictures are found on blog type sites which show no information as to where the person in the picture is from. Obviously your intentions are clear is you post a direct link to their facebook picture, since it usually tells you were the person resides. Lastly, there have been many locals posted in this thread which have never been commented on. Why? Because for some of them, no one on this site personally knows them.

Graeme S 05-16-2010 05:28 PM

Thank you TOS'd and Ulic. Nicely done. The reason we don't put locals up is because they might be our sister or our girlfriend or whatever else. Yes, shit is on the interwebs and it's all been anonymized, but we have to realize that these are real people. These people have friends and family, and it's entirely possible that someone forgot to change their privacy settings or has that one weird facebook friend who is going through being a creeper saving all those pictures. That one person could cause a lot of problem for whosever's pictures they download and put somewhere else.

How would you feel if it were your sister, mother, girlfriend, aunt, cousin, best friend who was in those pictures? Certainly we all argue "Then don't put it on the internet!". But we all make mistakes and are stupid.

Yes, RS is a place to glorify stupidity, but we're also real. When someone bitches about it, we take that shit down. Here, FC, VAC, wherever. Think of it this way: One day when someone wants revenge and decides to put your personal information up on RS, we'll take it down 'cause that's what we do.

As for you, Nwen, you have been warned before about the no-locals rule. And you posted them up (possibly without knowing they were locals--I can't know what's in your mind); yet when it was pointed out, you just said "hey, enjoy!". That's what you got points for.

peanuts 05-17-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 6954219)
Thank you TOS'd and Ulic. Nicely done. The reason we don't put locals up is because they might be our sister or our girlfriend or whatever else. Yes, shit is on the interwebs and it's all been anonymized, but we have to realize that these are real people. These people have friends and family, and it's entirely possible that someone forgot to change their privacy settings or has that one weird facebook friend who is going through being a creeper saving all those pictures. That one person could cause a lot of problem for whosever's pictures they download and put somewhere else.

How would you feel if it were your sister, mother, girlfriend, aunt, cousin, best friend who was in those pictures? Certainly we all argue "Then don't put it on the internet!". But we all make mistakes and are stupid.

ALL these girls are possibly someone's sister, girlfriend, best friend etc, but because they're not local does that mean your beliefs go out the door? Your post just seems hypocritical to me, "How would you feel if that was your sister..." - if you strongly believe that then you shouldn't be looking or fapping to any pictures of hot girls.

Don't get me wrong, if someone does happen to know the girl in the picture and are uncomfortable with it being displayed then yah take it down.

J____ 05-17-2010 03:42 AM

I dont know about you guys but posting locals is a good thing imo. If my gf/sister/bestfriends's nude pic ends up in here, I want to know about it so i can smack em one. I dont see why this is a bad thing.

pantieman 05-17-2010 07:53 AM

need more local

typ. 05-17-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J____ (Post 6954840)
I dont know about you guys but posting locals is a good thing imo. If my gf/sister/bestfriends's nude pic ends up in here, I want to know about it so i can smack em one. I dont see why this is a bad thing.

:werd:

They could learn from what the internet can do.

Graeme S 05-17-2010 09:17 AM

Peanut, I understand your argument. The idea here is that we want to minimize issues and harm to those who will be directly affected by our actions. Of course it's taking advantage of someone--we're using something that we have acquired randomly and anonymously for pleasure.

The big difference is that if we post someone from Nam or HK or Atlanta or wherever, nobody's going to know them. Nobody's going to care. Nobody's going to be able to say "Holy shit, she was a good christian at my church, but now she's a total slut!". We want to enjoy it, but we don't want to cause issues and destroy lives.

The bottom line is, that's the rule and that's the way it's going to stay. J___, I get where you're coming from and that's part of the reason we take them down--so that they get their whipping and then that's the end of it.

peanuts 05-17-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 6955010)
Peanut, I understand your argument. The idea here is that we want to minimize issues and harm to those who will be directly affected by our actions. Of course it's taking advantage of someone--we're using something that we have acquired randomly and anonymously for pleasure.

The big difference is that if we post someone from Nam or HK or Atlanta or wherever, nobody's going to know them. Nobody's going to care. Nobody's going to be able to say "Holy shit, she was a good christian at my church, but now she's a total slut!". We want to enjoy it, but we don't want to cause issues and destroy lives.

That's understandable :)

TOS'd 05-17-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 6955010)

The bottom line is, that's the rule and that's the way it's going to stay. J___, I get where you're coming from and that's part of the reason we take them down--so that they get their whipping and then that's the end of it.

So say I'm going through some blogsite which posts random girls pictures from the internet. And I repost them over to the Twanger/White thread. Then someone sees a picture and accuses me of posting a local and starts bitching to me or a mod. If they told me first, sure I would take it down. But say they went straight to a mod. I would be pinned for posting a local, and points would be awarded.

I totally understand what you mean by no locals allowed. But for the times when you truly don't know where they are from originally, what happens then? Points awarded without an explanation from the OP?

El Bastardo 05-17-2010 12:20 PM

The thread is in VLS. VLS is my department.

I have the final word on this matter (unless the administration chooses to disagree)

No locals. The reasons have been explained again and again in this thread.

Nuff said.

LsquareD 05-17-2010 12:31 PM

Can I post a picture of myself

Greenstoner 05-17-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LsquareD (Post 6955222)

lol, are you hot ? if not, post in hall of shame

hahaha

TOS'd 05-17-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 6955206)
The thread is in VLS. VLS is my department.

I have the final word on this matter (unless the administration chooses to disagree)

No locals. The reasons have been explained again and again in this thread.

Nuff said.

I realize what the rule is. I am merely including an example of what may happen.

1) Pictures have been cross posted to RS via anonymous blogsite

2) A member recognizes one of the girls and proceeds by:
a) Telling OP to remove picture via pm and/or thread reply
b) Telling admin/mod someone posted a local and getting admin/mod to remove picture

3)a) OP will remove the picture because it is against forum policy
3)b) Admin/Mod will remove picture and may hand out infractions to OP because he posted a local.

I am just stating that in either of these instances, OP did not know the picture was of a local. If it was a local, and they knew it was one, it would not have been posted. So how do you go about giving infractions if OP did not know where the picture or girl is from.

Not trying to argue with the rules or anything. I just want to clarify this rule and it's punishments for everyone on this forum.

hotjoint 05-17-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LsquareD (Post 6955222)

:lol

ShadowBun 05-17-2010 01:19 PM

dam wheres the fine ladies :o

Graeme S 05-17-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 6955249)
I realize what the rule is. I am merely including an example of what may happen.

1) Pictures have been cross posted to RS via anonymous blogsite

2) A member recognizes one of the girls and proceeds by:
a) Telling OP to remove picture via pm and/or thread reply
b) Telling admin/mod someone posted a local and getting admin/mod to remove picture

3)a) OP will remove the picture because it is against forum policy
3)b) Admin/Mod will remove picture and may hand out infractions to OP because he posted a local.

I am just stating that in either of these instances, OP did not know the picture was of a local. If it was a local, and they knew it was one, it would not have been posted. So how do you go about giving infractions if OP did not know where the picture or girl is from.

Not trying to argue with the rules or anything. I just want to clarify this rule and it's punishments for everyone on this forum.

Personally, I would not give points in that case. I have not given points in situations like that before, where the poster is caught unaware that they are posting locals. In fact, I have made the mistake of posting locals in that same way. Usually, people will post in the thread (often stupidly quoting the offending images) and will ask for them to be taken down.

In the event that they are not, a mod will usually step in and delete them. If they are reposted, or if the individual has been informed but they are not taken down or willfully left in place, that is when points would be awarded.