REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs

Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs 2016 RS.Net iT Admin: SkinnyPupp
Organizational feedback, general suggestions, account fix requests, concerns, acknowledgements, website and forum bugs & fixes. Support the site, by downloading the official RS App for Android!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
I'll be good I promise.
 
Kim Jong Un's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Korea
Posts: 1,927
Thanked 1,492 Times in 323 Posts
Twanger Thread Locals discussion

So this became a discussion now? Since when?
Advertisement

Last edited by Kim Jong Un; 05-17-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwen View Post
Enjoy anyways.
No. They won't.


Locals are not allowed, Nwen, and you are on probation. This is your one and only warning. You already knew this was a rule when you tried posting someone else's pictures in here.

No matter how much of a boone you are to this thread, you are still bannable. Remember that.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment
 
Shun Izaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3
Thanked 266 Times in 124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
No. They won't.


Locals are not allowed, Nwen, and you are on probation. This is your one and only warning. You already knew this was a rule when you tried posting someone else's pictures in here.

No matter how much of a boone you are to this thread, you are still bannable. Remember that.
wait a sec... does it count if we know? is that still a cease and dessist kinda thing? coz i swear some shit we used to post in the old thread, we never knew...


and then i found out who they were XD
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
bcrdukes
 
TOS'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 9,051
Thanked 5,121 Times in 1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Locals are not allowed, Nwen, and you are on probation. This is your one and only warning. You already knew this was a rule when you tried posting someone else's pictures in here.

No matter how much of a boone you are to this thread, you are still bannable. Remember that.
IMO, points should not be awarded for those who post locals. The pictures should just be taken down by the poster or a mod at the request of a member who feels them or their friends should not be in this thread. We aren't all of the same age, therefore we do not know the same people. In addition, many pictures are found on blog type sites which show no information as to where the person in the picture is from. Obviously your intentions are clear is you post a direct link to their facebook picture, since it usually tells you were the person resides. Lastly, there have been many locals posted in this thread which have never been commented on. Why? Because for some of them, no one on this site personally knows them.
TOS'd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,126
Thanked 787 Times in 131 Posts
What I don't get is why they can't post locals. The people posted their own picture on the internet, therefore, it's viewable for everyone Maybe don't take sexy pictures of yourself, or wear slutty clothes.

/rant
typ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
:: Resident Tofu Salesman ::
 
tofu1413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,841
Thanked 8,291 Times in 2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jap_AV View Post
What I don't get is why they can't post locals. The people posted their own picture on the internet, therefore, it's viewable for everyone Maybe don't take sexy pictures of yourself, or wear slutty clothes.

/rant
+1
__________________
12' (typ 987) Porsche Cayman R PDK- Platinum Silver

99' (EM1) Honda Civic SiR - Milano Red


Only Bought. Never built.



Le tofu.
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005
 
TOPEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,945
Thanked 2,176 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jap_AV View Post
What I don't get is why they can't post locals. The people posted their own picture on the internet, therefore, it's viewable for everyone Maybe don't take sexy pictures of yourself, or wear slutty clothes.

/rant
+2653562564356756734567
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I had some girl come into the busser station the other day trying to make out with every staff member and then pull down her pants and asked for someone to stick a dick in her (at least she shaved).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
I is Romanian
 
avinayyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vansterdam
Posts: 1,756
Thanked 868 Times in 228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jap_AV View Post
What I don't get is why they can't post locals. The people posted their own picture on the internet, therefore, it's viewable for everyone Maybe don't take sexy pictures of yourself, or wear slutty clothes.

/rant
+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
avinayyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
I'll be good I promise.
 
Kim Jong Un's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Korea
Posts: 1,927
Thanked 1,492 Times in 323 Posts
Lame excuses to give me points.
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
IMO, points should not be awarded for those who post locals. The pictures should just be taken down by the poster or a mod at the request of a member who feels them or their friends should not be in this thread. We aren't all of the same age, therefore we do not know the same people. In addition, many pictures are found on blog type sites which show no information as to where the person in the picture is from. Obviously your intentions are clear is you post a direct link to their facebook picture, since it usually tells you were the person resides. Lastly, there have been many locals posted in this thread which have never been commented on. Why? Because for some of them, no one on this site personally knows them.
..
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Thank you TOS'd and Ulic. Nicely done. The reason we don't put locals up is because they might be our sister or our girlfriend or whatever else. Yes, shit is on the interwebs and it's all been anonymized, but we have to realize that these are real people. These people have friends and family, and it's entirely possible that someone forgot to change their privacy settings or has that one weird facebook friend who is going through being a creeper saving all those pictures. That one person could cause a lot of problem for whosever's pictures they download and put somewhere else.

How would you feel if it were your sister, mother, girlfriend, aunt, cousin, best friend who was in those pictures? Certainly we all argue "Then don't put it on the internet!". But we all make mistakes and are stupid.

Yes, RS is a place to glorify stupidity, but we're also real. When someone bitches about it, we take that shit down. Here, FC, VAC, wherever. Think of it this way: One day when someone wants revenge and decides to put your personal information up on RS, we'll take it down 'cause that's what we do.




As for you, Nwen, you have been warned before about the no-locals rule. And you posted them up (possibly without knowing they were locals--I can't know what's in your mind); yet when it was pointed out, you just said "hey, enjoy!". That's what you got points for.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:05 AM   #12
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: home
Posts: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Thank you TOS'd and Ulic. Nicely done. The reason we don't put locals up is because they might be our sister or our girlfriend or whatever else. Yes, shit is on the interwebs and it's all been anonymized, but we have to realize that these are real people. These people have friends and family, and it's entirely possible that someone forgot to change their privacy settings or has that one weird facebook friend who is going through being a creeper saving all those pictures. That one person could cause a lot of problem for whosever's pictures they download and put somewhere else.

How would you feel if it were your sister, mother, girlfriend, aunt, cousin, best friend who was in those pictures? Certainly we all argue "Then don't put it on the internet!". But we all make mistakes and are stupid.
ALL these girls are possibly someone's sister, girlfriend, best friend etc, but because they're not local does that mean your beliefs go out the door? Your post just seems hypocritical to me, "How would you feel if that was your sister..." - if you strongly believe that then you shouldn't be looking or fapping to any pictures of hot girls.

Don't get me wrong, if someone does happen to know the girl in the picture and are uncomfortable with it being displayed then yah take it down.
peanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:42 AM   #13
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 3,385
Thanked 748 Times in 298 Posts
I dont know about you guys but posting locals is a good thing imo. If my gf/sister/bestfriends's nude pic ends up in here, I want to know about it so i can smack em one. I dont see why this is a bad thing.
__________________
P H O T O G R A P H E R
www.jacksonzhao.com
J____ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 65
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
need more local
pantieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,126
Thanked 787 Times in 131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
I dont know about you guys but posting locals is a good thing imo. If my gf/sister/bestfriends's nude pic ends up in here, I want to know about it so i can smack em one. I dont see why this is a bad thing.


They could learn from what the internet can do.
typ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #16
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Peanut, I understand your argument. The idea here is that we want to minimize issues and harm to those who will be directly affected by our actions. Of course it's taking advantage of someone--we're using something that we have acquired randomly and anonymously for pleasure.

The big difference is that if we post someone from Nam or HK or Atlanta or wherever, nobody's going to know them. Nobody's going to care. Nobody's going to be able to say "Holy shit, she was a good christian at my church, but now she's a total slut!". We want to enjoy it, but we don't want to cause issues and destroy lives.


The bottom line is, that's the rule and that's the way it's going to stay. J___, I get where you're coming from and that's part of the reason we take them down--so that they get their whipping and then that's the end of it.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #17
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: home
Posts: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Peanut, I understand your argument. The idea here is that we want to minimize issues and harm to those who will be directly affected by our actions. Of course it's taking advantage of someone--we're using something that we have acquired randomly and anonymously for pleasure.

The big difference is that if we post someone from Nam or HK or Atlanta or wherever, nobody's going to know them. Nobody's going to care. Nobody's going to be able to say "Holy shit, she was a good christian at my church, but now she's a total slut!". We want to enjoy it, but we don't want to cause issues and destroy lives.
That's understandable
peanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #18
bcrdukes
 
TOS'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 9,051
Thanked 5,121 Times in 1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Peanut, I understand your argument. The idea here is that we want to minimize issues and harm to those who will be directly affected by our actions. Of course it's taking advantage of someone--we're using something that we have acquired randomly and anonymously for pleasure.

The big difference is that if we post someone from Nam or HK or Atlanta or wherever, nobody's going to know them. Nobody's going to care. Nobody's going to be able to say "Holy shit, she was a good christian at my church, but now she's a total slut!". We want to enjoy it, but we don't want to cause issues and destroy lives.


The bottom line is, that's the rule and that's the way it's going to stay. J___, I get where you're coming from and that's part of the reason we take them down--so that they get their whipping and then that's the end of it.
So say I'm going through some blogsite which posts random girls pictures from the internet. And I repost them over to the Twanger/White thread. Then someone sees a picture and accuses me of posting a local and starts bitching to me or a mod. If they told me first, sure I would take it down. But say they went straight to a mod. I would be pinned for posting a local, and points would be awarded.

I totally understand what you mean by no locals allowed. But for the times when you truly don't know where they are from originally, what happens then? Points awarded without an explanation from the OP?
TOS'd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #19
Official Texas Ambassador
 
El Bastardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,135
Thanked 5,356 Times in 1,206 Posts
The thread is in VLS. VLS is my department.

I have the final word on this matter (unless the administration chooses to disagree)


No locals. The reasons have been explained again and again in this thread.

Nuff said.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #20
misfortune cookie (V)
 
LsquareD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 6ix zer0 4our
Posts: 6,166
Thanked 2,694 Times in 418 Posts
Can I post a picture of myself
__________________
*Feedback: (24-0-0)


Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
Greenstoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,647
Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LsquareD View Post
Can I post a picture of myself
lol, are you hot ? if not, post in hall of shame


hahaha
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #22
bcrdukes
 
TOS'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 9,051
Thanked 5,121 Times in 1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
The thread is in VLS. VLS is my department.

I have the final word on this matter (unless the administration chooses to disagree)


No locals. The reasons have been explained again and again in this thread.

Nuff said.
I realize what the rule is. I am merely including an example of what may happen.

1) Pictures have been cross posted to RS via anonymous blogsite

2) A member recognizes one of the girls and proceeds by:
a) Telling OP to remove picture via pm and/or thread reply
b) Telling admin/mod someone posted a local and getting admin/mod to remove picture

3)a) OP will remove the picture because it is against forum policy
3)b) Admin/Mod will remove picture and may hand out infractions to OP because he posted a local.


I am just stating that in either of these instances, OP did not know the picture was of a local. If it was a local, and they knew it was one, it would not have been posted. So how do you go about giving infractions if OP did not know where the picture or girl is from.

Not trying to argue with the rules or anything. I just want to clarify this rule and it's punishments for everyone on this forum.
TOS'd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #23
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
hotjoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 12,667
Thanked 649 Times in 352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LsquareD View Post
Can I post a picture of myself
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #24
-Stare-
 
ShadowBun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: GVR
Posts: 2,913
Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
dam wheres the fine ladies
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #25
The Lone Wanderator
 
Graeme S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 12,089
Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
I realize what the rule is. I am merely including an example of what may happen.

1) Pictures have been cross posted to RS via anonymous blogsite

2) A member recognizes one of the girls and proceeds by:
a) Telling OP to remove picture via pm and/or thread reply
b) Telling admin/mod someone posted a local and getting admin/mod to remove picture

3)a) OP will remove the picture because it is against forum policy
3)b) Admin/Mod will remove picture and may hand out infractions to OP because he posted a local.


I am just stating that in either of these instances, OP did not know the picture was of a local. If it was a local, and they knew it was one, it would not have been posted. So how do you go about giving infractions if OP did not know where the picture or girl is from.

Not trying to argue with the rules or anything. I just want to clarify this rule and it's punishments for everyone on this forum.
Personally, I would not give points in that case. I have not given points in situations like that before, where the poster is caught unaware that they are posting locals. In fact, I have made the mistake of posting locals in that same way. Usually, people will post in the thread (often stupidly quoting the offending images) and will ask for them to be taken down.

In the event that they are not, a mod will usually step in and delete them. If they are reposted, or if the individual has been informed but they are not taken down or willfully left in place, that is when points would be awarded.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net