REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Supplement Question

I recently just started to hit the gym hard and get my diet back in track after about a year of lazyness/setback.

My brother (who owns a supplements store) gave me a plethora of supplements for free. Was wondering if I can get some insight...

ZMA: Claims to raise testosterone levels (research on the net claims its pixie dust)

Kre-Alkalyn: Better than creatine?

Allmax Muscle Prime: It seems to me like nitrix oxide mixed with a shitload of caffeine: Gives me insane head rushes (I believe I have a sensitivity to caffeeine.

Muscletech Anabolic Halo: It's a post workout drink, what I'm assuming spikes insulin levels. But it's pricey and I'm pretty sure this stuff can be replaced by a glass of chocolate milk or a teaspoon of sugar.
Advertisement
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
ZMA =: Bullshit. A good Magnesium supplement should be a staple supplement though (along with fish oil and vitamin D)

Kre-Alkalyn = bullshit. Use monohydrate.

Nitrix supplements = bullshit

Halo = overpriced bullshit. Find a simpler one with similar ingredients. Universal Torrent is the one I use.

Don't take fat in your PWO, or your insulin is pushing fat rather than aminos into your cells.

So if you're going to mooch of your brother get:

Magnesium (something chelated - it will end in "ate" like "Magnesium Malate") take enough to get 300-400mg per night. Take it at night, it has a nice side effect of helping you sleep.

Vitamin D - absolutely crucial if you live in Vancouver where the sun shines about 2 months a year. 1000 iu should be enough in the summer if you're outdoors a lot and get a lot of sunshine. Otherwise take 4000-5000 per day.

Fish Oil - Get a concentrated supplement. The best is bottled (usually just tastes like lemon) Ascenta has a very good quality fish oil for a good price. 1 tbsp per day

Then you have the workout stuff:

Creatine Monohydrate 5g per day (take with PWO on workout days if it's not already in the PWO)
Protein powders - whatever you like, just don't get "gainer" supplements
PWO - like I mentioned above.

That will be more than enough. Just focus on working hard and eating. Just about everything else is silly BS.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
ZMA =: Bullshit. A good Magnesium supplement should be a staple supplement though (along with fish oil and vitamin D)

Kre-Alkalyn = bullshit. Use monohydrate.

Nitrix supplements = bullshit

Halo = overpriced bullshit. Find a simpler one with similar ingredients. Universal Torrent is the one I use.

Don't take fat in your PWO, or your insulin is pushing fat rather than aminos into your cells.

So if you're going to mooch of your brother get:

Magnesium (something chelated - it will end in "ate" like "Magnesium Malate") take enough to get 300-400mg per night. Take it at night, it has a nice side effect of helping you sleep.

Vitamin D - absolutely crucial if you live in Vancouver where the sun shines about 2 months a year. 1000 iu should be enough in the summer if you're outdoors a lot and get a lot of sunshine. Otherwise take 4000-5000 per day.

Fish Oil - Get a concentrated supplement. The best is bottled (usually just tastes like lemon) Ascenta has a very good quality fish oil for a good price. 1 tbsp per day

Then you have the workout stuff:

Creatine Monohydrate 5g per day (take with PWO on workout days if it's not already in the PWO)
Protein powders - whatever you like, just don't get "gainer" supplements
PWO - like I mentioned above.

That will be more than enough. Just focus on working hard and eating. Just about everything else is silly BS.
Dude....the stuff you post amaze me most of the times.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote