REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   what is the best/fastest way to cook chicken breast? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/616068-what-best-fastest-way-cook-chicken-breast.html)

c32 05-30-2010 02:53 AM

what is the best/fastest way to cook chicken breast?

so ive been cooking chicken breast for some time now but whats the best way to cook it? i just throw it on the frying pan, add some oil butter.. i eat it with some rice, its a nice quick meal.. but the thing is the damn chicken gets hard when cooked to long and its like the outer sides of the chicken thats hard.. any recomendations? how about ovening it? i never tried that befor.. i am trying to eat more at home to save $$$ and a better chance of not getting food poisoned.. what other ways is there to cook up some quick meals? literaly quick meals, like steak is fast cooked..

LiquidTurbo 05-30-2010 10:38 AM

Use a George Foreman grill, you lazy guy.

2damaxmr2 05-30-2010 01:16 PM

grill

waddy41 05-30-2010 01:37 PM

throw it in the oven for 20 mins...

!Aznboi128 05-30-2010 01:51 PM

A grille!
Posted via RS Mobile

illicitstylz 05-30-2010 02:05 PM

Easily a grill. Just sprinkle some pepper on it.
Cut it up afterwards and throw it on top of salad
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 05-30-2010 02:12 PM

Il give you a good easy recipe...

Melt some butter in a pan.
Lightly put chicken breast in flour, sprinkle salt/pepper.
Throw chicken in pan. When chicken has turned white on both sides cover it with chicken stock broth. If you have some sage throw a few leaves in, awesome flavour.

Let the chicken boil in the broth and in 10 min you have a kick ass chicken plate.
Posted via RS Mobile

Hehe 05-30-2010 03:27 PM

marinate your chicken breast in club soda for 15 min before cooking.

Marioo1991 05-30-2010 04:39 PM

I like to marinate chicken breasts overnight and BBQ them at a low temperature... Doesn't take to long and u can use hundreds of different marinades...
Posted via RS Mobile

Eff-1 05-30-2010 04:49 PM

easiest way to cook a chicken breast is buy your favourite marinade from the grocery store. personally my favourite is a tequila-lime marinade that I can only find at save-on. I forget the brand name, it's Mrs Something. But it's local, made in West Van I think.

Take a chicken breast. Pour on the marinade. Wait 30 mins.

Turn on the oven to 375.

Wrap the chicken breast in foil. Put in the oven.

10 minutes later you're done. Eat and enjoy.

Eff-1 05-30-2010 04:51 PM

the other easiest way to eat a chicken breast is in udon soup.

buy dashi stock, mirin, and soy sauce from T&T. mix the ingredients together in water. once it's boiling, add noodles, cook for 3 minutes. then add diced chicken breast (no need to marinate). cook for two minutes.

done.

if you want to get really fancy, throw some vegetables in there a couple minutes before you add the noodles.

What_the? 05-30-2010 08:33 PM

george foreman grill cooks both sides at once... extra fast!

unit 05-30-2010 08:35 PM

OP: invest in a meat pounder. Cover both sides of the breast with plastic wrap. Pound until flat. It will cook on the pan in like 5 minutes per side.

SkinnyPupp 05-30-2010 08:47 PM

Chicken breast is the least tasty part of the bird, because it doesn't have enough fat. Buy legs and thighs instead! You can cook it any way you want, and it'll be delicious. Not dry and flaky like breasts. It's cheaper too, and more nutritious.

bd0n 05-30-2010 08:50 PM

http://www.cookingsousvide.com/story...preme-side.jpg

a very worth while investment.

LsquareD 05-30-2010 10:22 PM

http://www.roflmachine.com/images/flamethrower.jpg[

StealthFighter 05-30-2010 11:08 PM

butterfly cut the breast to make them thinner.

cooking in a liquid would probably be the fastest.

brining helps prevent chicken breast from being dry. i brine with chicken stock, kosher salt, peppercorn, etc. 4 hours is usually enough.

electronblue 05-30-2010 11:26 PM

Season with Salt & Pepper and Thyme
Dredge in bread crumbs
Sear both sides on cast iron
Finish in Oven
Done in 20 min

Alphamale 05-31-2010 02:52 AM

^Pass on the bread crumbs if you're trying to be healthy (which is really the only reason to eat chicken breast, for the most part).

Use crushed oats if you must or some other healthy alternative.

Mugen EvOlutioN 05-31-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hehe (Post 6971109)
marinate your chicken breast in club soda for 15 min before cooking.

why is that
Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6971475)
Chicken breast is the least tasty part of the bird, because it doesn't have enough fat. Buy legs and thighs instead! You can cook it any way you want, and it'll be delicious. Not dry and flaky like breasts. It's cheaper too, and more nutritious.

Indeed, but why is chicken breast so damn expensive, compare to thighs. The price is like almost double comparing to buying legs and thighs. Yet its the driest part of the chicken

SkinnyPupp 05-31-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bd0n (Post 6971480)

Sous Vide FTW. God I wish I could afford one/have room for one (mostly the latter :lol)

Marioo1991 05-31-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 6971969)
why is that

Indeed, but why is chicken breast so damn expensive, compare to thighs. The price is like almost double comparing to buying legs and thighs. Yet its the driest part of the chicken

I believe its because the more butchering involved, the more expensive the cut. Alot of times when you buy thighs/legs per pound, its cheaper, but they usually include the bone whereas the breast dont..

SkinnyPupp 05-31-2010 08:14 AM

The bones have connective tissues and fat and marrow that adds a lot of flavour too.

Eating chicken breasts without fat or bones is like having sex with a sock around your dick.. If you can't feel anything, what's the point?

Mugen EvOlutioN 05-31-2010 12:17 PM

^

lol i like ur description

6793026 05-31-2010 12:54 PM

breasts are more expensive because of demand and supply. There are less white meat than dark meat on a chicken and in general, people buy more breast than dark meat (cause in general you're paying for all meat compared to bones for dark meat). I know there's an article somewhere but most home consumers buys breast and it's supply and demand when i learnt it back in the days in school.

found it.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_whi...k_chicken_meat