REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   The iPhone 4 Thread (it's the iPhone 4, not 4G) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/616784-iphone-4-thread-its-iphone-4-not-4g.html)

monkeywrench 11-05-2010 05:30 PM

Did anyone get the ECID message on Cydia?

I accidently hit "No thanks" when scrolling and didn't get a chance to read the message, can someone elaborate?

Thanks

Ilagon 11-05-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson Button (Post 7174476)
After JBing and tricking the phone to think it's always on Wifi. Are you able to Facetime pretty much anywhere or does it still ONLY work on Wi-Fi?

And are you able to Facetime to anyone with an iPhone 4 without occurring LD charges? Say a friend lives in Cali and you Facetime with her?

Download FaceBreak from Cydia, allows FaceTime over 3G.

falcon 11-05-2010 06:29 PM

does anyone know of a local store that carries the case mate barely there case? I don't want to have to order on online if I don't have to.
Posted via RS Mobile

Mugen EvOlutioN 11-05-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EXV603 (Post 7174426)
Where do you download the apps from to your PC? How would you put them on the iphone? Sorry, but I am a bit of a noob when it comes to jailbreaking and stuff.

that was exactly the same question i was asking

because u can no longer use itune

k3lv 11-05-2010 06:37 PM

For those wondering if the Free bumper case program still works for Apple, it does.

After I read that the program was still up, I went and searched for it through the app store. Applied, got an email to confirm my shipment. I actually didn't go through the whole email and thought that it was just a notification that I had placed an order but it's not confirmed. Then today after receiving a missed package notice from UPS(it was from Apple), I realized the program is for real and still running even though I applied after the program had ended.

I forget which case I chose, but I'll be getting the driver to slip it through the mail slot on their next attempt(need signature)

jtanner_ 11-05-2010 07:07 PM

I just got my iphone 4 in the mail today... what's the most convenient way to pretty much backup my 3g onto my iphone 4? Is there an alternative to itunes..?

falcon 11-05-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7174626)
does anyone know of a local store that carries the case mate barely there case? I don't want to have to order on online if I don't have to.
Posted via RS Mobile

Just incase anyone cares best uu has these cases. I just hot on and is IMO the nicest case ive tried out so far.
Posted via RS Mobile

Mugen EvOlutioN 11-05-2010 07:41 PM

shit my iphone lately has been acting weird

talking to a person, middle of conversation i can hear the other person talking, but the other person cant hear me talking

the problem seems to occour after i jailbreaked it

phone has never been dropped just for your info

OriginalJC 11-05-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 7174631)

Watch the vid from a few pages back
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...postcount=2241

Tells you everything you need to know

DJ Milk 11-06-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOX (Post 7174563)
Did anyone get the ECID message on Cydia?

I accidently hit "No thanks" when scrolling and didn't get a chance to read the message, can someone elaborate?

Thanks

You get that message the first time your phone gets jailbroken and you run Cydia for the first time. That message will keep popping up until you choose an answer. It basically asking if you want Cydia to save your SHSH blob so you can downgrade firmware when Apple stops signing the previous firmware. Since you hit no thanks, Cydia won't save your SHSH blob :rofl: . You can save it yourself and get Cydia to start saving it too by using a program called tinyumbrella.

DJ Milk 11-06-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 7174631)

You can still use iTunes to sync cracked apps. I never use installous and this is the only way I do it.

k3lv 11-06-2010 10:11 AM

I've been searching the net to see if 4.1 can be unlocked. But from what I kno my phone didnt have the previous firmware? So I'm waiting to see when they release a jb for it. But what exact term should I be looking for. Everytime I search for 4.1 jb i get results for only when you've upgraded to 4.1.

Any ideas? I've been reading dev team but quite honestly I don't know what I'm lookin for
Posted via RS Mobile

monkeywrench 11-06-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoop Monkey Monk (Post 7175012)
You get that message the first time your phone gets jailbroken and you run Cydia for the first time. That message will keep popping up until you choose an answer. It basically asking if you want Cydia to save your SHSH blob so you can downgrade firmware when Apple stops signing the previous firmware. Since you hit no thanks, Cydia won't save your SHSH blob :rofl: . You can save it yourself and get Cydia to start saving it too by using a program called tinyumbrella.

Oh thats strange, I've been running the jailbreak for quite a few weeks now and that was the first time I saw the message come up

Wait I'm a little new to the jailbreak scene, what happens if I don't have Cydia save my SHSH blobs?

En4cer 11-06-2010 11:30 AM

which one is better to use to use 3g for facetiming

the facebreak? or the 3G unrestrictor?

veeh 11-06-2010 11:52 AM

Hey guys

I have a BNIB 16gb Fido locked iPhone 4 and I'm on Rogers. I was reading up online and read something about all iPhone 4s are unlocked but split in 2 categories. First one is being a temp soft unlock until a micro sim card is inserted and activated which will lock to the micro sim carrier. The other one being a truly unlocked version by having the IMEI code being added to the "whitelist". Anyways the source is based on howard forums (http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-fido-sim-card starting at post #5).

Just wondering if you guys know anything about this and know if it works?

j3d 11-06-2010 01:11 PM

yey! unlock coming next week for iOS 4.1 baseband 02.10.04

http://www.ultrasn0w.ca/2010/11/ultr...nd-051402.html

invader 11-06-2010 01:13 PM

For those of you who are deciding on what case to get do not get the Speck
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-cont...iphone-4_5.jpg

It makes the phone heavier and bulkier. The bumper is a better a choice.

beanzzz 11-06-2010 03:49 PM

I'm giving away my clear Incase case for free since I don't use it and probably don't ever plan on using it. You just have to come to Richmond and pick it up yourself.

HonestTea 11-06-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilagon (Post 7174590)
Download FaceBreak from Cydia, allows FaceTime over 3G.

How much Data does a typical 5minute call with Facetime via 3G take up?

litecaster 11-06-2010 05:57 PM

looks like it's ~3mb/minute

http://gizmodo.com/5602597/how-much-...etime-call-use

Ikkaku 11-06-2010 06:58 PM

@ Invader, that's actually called the Pixel HD, I believe. Speck is the company name. It's actually not too bad, compared to my momax clear case I have on my phone.

Armind 11-07-2010 12:12 AM

filmon.com

terkan 11-07-2010 01:17 AM

hmm what's wrong with using itunes with a jailbroken iphone? i jailbroken my phone and buy apps from appstore sometimes and never had a problem nor getting my id banned.. and is there a way to download the apple case program app again? since i got another replacement iphone? i can technially get another one lol

TOS'd 11-07-2010 01:43 AM

If I hup at an apple store, will they open up the product? Or can I request to activate it at home myself.

skholla 11-07-2010 09:11 AM

All iPhones from apple are unlocked. When you buy in store on a hup or renewal they must open the phone and activate. This process will also lock the phone to the carrier you are with.
Posted via RS Mobile