REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #4276
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss604 View Post
i just jailbroke my iphone 4 first time i jb anything, i used redsnow on 4.3.3, i dled the latest version as the tutorial told me which is 0.9.8b1 but in the end it said it was a tethered version, how do i get the untethered version ?
http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...sn0w-tutorial/

Right here
Advertisement
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #4277
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

anyone know if the Order & Chaos server is down? i can't log in....

EDIT: networking errors on their side.

Last edited by Psykopathik; 06-17-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Psykopathik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #4278
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss604 View Post
i just jailbroke my iphone 4 first time i jb anything, i used redsnow on 4.3.3, i dled the latest version as the tutorial told me which is 0.9.8b1 but in the end it said it was a tethered version, how do i get the untethered version ?
Yeah, I made the same mistake and use the latest version of redsn0w on 4.3.3

Just rejailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 and u'll be untethered.
Posted via RS Mobile
RC0310_EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #4279
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
On the topic of that. Is their a method where you can get your iPhone4 unlocked? I heard someone was unlocking iPhones before but halted taking requests?

No gevey sim or temp unlocks.
That method to unlocked the iPhone was found out and closed by Apple right away. It no longer works so whoever got in on it early now has a permanently unlocked iPhone.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #4280
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Monkey Monk View Post
That method to unlocked the iPhone was found out and closed by Apple right away. It no longer works so whoever got in on it early now has a permanently unlocked iPhone.
FUCK!!!!!

Thanks
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #4281
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Is it easy to return an iphone to apple for another one? If I told them I kept getting dropped calls would they switch it no questions asked?
Old 06-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #4282

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
Is it easy to return an iphone to apple for another one? If I told them I kept getting dropped calls would they switch it no questions asked?
yup. i walked in with a phone i said was not working. they couldnt reproduce the problem. they game me a 1 time no questions asked replacement.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #4283
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
yup. i walked in with a phone i said was not working. they couldnt reproduce the problem. they game me a 1 time no questions asked replacement.
But the one you got was it refurbished or brand new?
bakasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #4284
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
Anyone know if Apple warranty covers screen glass cracks? I didn't drop it or do anything to it. It just started cracking underneath...so you can't even feel the crack on the surface.
Update:

They replaced it. Told me this hairline fracture stuff happens all the time. Defect with the glass probably.

Sixth iPhone 4 in ten months. Sixth time the charm?

What annoys me is that all my issues for my previous five iphone 4s are manufacturer problems...yet the warranty expires in a few months so I had to fork up another $79 for apple care. i swear the new phones they replace your defective ones are just refurbished ones. I have to go back every 2-3 months to get a new iphone. very annoying.

brief history: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1049301

And for those that were wondering, the 4th iphone i got, the power button got stuck after a few months of usage.

PS - my ipad 2 home button wasn't responsive after a month after use and they replaced it quickly.

Meanwhile my awesome iphone 3g is still going at it (gave to friend). It has a small hairline fracture on the plastic casing but it still works.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #4285
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Wow, you've had extraordinary bad luck with your iProducts! No problems with my iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 so far. The HD in my 17" MacBook Pro died in 3 months though. Just picked up an iPad 2 so I hope it's problem free. *knock on wood*
Posted via RS Mobile
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #4286
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
They will make sure there is actually a problem. If the problem isn't present when they are trying it, then they probably won't replace it.
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #4287
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Not an iphone 4 but had to replace my screen today after it got totally smashed. Somewhat of a pain in the ass doing it yourself since it was cracked into little shards right where all the glue sticks. Got it done, basically this is what the white 3GS should have looked like =P

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakasam View Post
But the one you got was it refurbished or brand new?
no OEM packaging but looked physically new
Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
order and chaos is $0.99 today!!!!!
back to $7 again
Old 06-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #4290
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
The iPhone is about to get a brain transplant.

Apple is adding the iPad 2’s dual-coreA5 processor and a new, 8-megapixel camera to the iPhone, and plans to introduce the new model in September, Bloomberg News reported late Tuesday. Apple is also experimenting with a new iPad with a high-resolution screen, according to the news service .

Of course, you don’t have to rely on “two people familiar with the matter,” as Bloomberg does, to know some of the device’s new features. Apple introduced new software for its mobile devices earlier this month at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference. That software, dubbed iOS 5, is due this Fall. If Bloomberg is right, it will arrive just in time to play the starring role in Apple’s new handset.

The new handset, however, probably won’t include support for the latest high-speed wireless networks (see “For The Last Time: There Won’t Be A 4G iPhone This Year”) . In response to a question from Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty on Apple’s quarterly earnings call way back in April Apple’s Chief Operating Officer Cook said today’s 4G chips don’t meet Apple’s needs. Analysts say Apple is almost certainly waiting a new generation of chips that combine support for 4G and 3G on a single chip, allowing handset makers to offer slim handsets that don’t gobble up battery life.

Chipmakers such as Qualcomm, ST Ericcson, and Intel won’t begin offering customers samples of such chips until late this year. And those chips won’t begin appearing in handsets until next year.
http://blogs.forbes.com/briancaulfie...-in-september/
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #4291
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

any suggestions for nice themes on cydia?
that are free...? :P
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #4292
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Thanked 1,284 Times in 112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntran604 View Post
any suggestions for nice themes on cydia?
that are free...? :P
Check "theme it" from cydia and use the source repo.insanelyiph0ne.com for free themes
viet604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #4293
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I downloaded LiveOS and ifile from cydia and I can't seem to change the local weather for the weather theme. I purchased and have ifile registered, but I can't edit the local weather on my ifile. Can anyone help a brother out?

Btw, the signal bars and 3g/wifi icons are off too..how can I switch them back on?

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #4294
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
Update:

They replaced it. Told me this hairline fracture stuff happens all the time. Defect with the glass probably.

Sixth iPhone 4 in ten months. Sixth time the charm?

What annoys me is that all my issues for my previous five iphone 4s are manufacturer problems...yet the warranty expires in a few months so I had to fork up another $79 for apple care. i swear the new phones they replace your defective ones are just refurbished ones. I have to go back every 2-3 months to get a new iphone. very annoying.

brief history: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1049301

And for those that were wondering, the 4th iphone i got, the power button got stuck after a few months of usage.

PS - my ipad 2 home button wasn't responsive after a month after use and they replaced it quickly.

Meanwhile my awesome iphone 3g is still going at it (gave to friend). It has a small hairline fracture on the plastic casing but it still works.
Did you ever have the problem that when making calls you can hear the other person fine but they can't hear you?

I've been having this problem intermittently and its getting bad enough that I'll have to bring it in for warranty.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #4295
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
I'm starting to think that they'll never release a iPhone4 unlock lol
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #4296
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I downloaded LiveOS and ifile from cydia and I can't seem to change the local weather for the weather theme. I purchased and have ifile registered, but I can't edit the local weather on my ifile. Can anyone help a brother out?

Btw, the signal bars and 3g/wifi icons are off too..how can I switch them back on?
I think this is what you need: http://www.mediafire.com/?pko2mnkxv7ny61e

Paste this file in the LiveOS Weather.theme folder
Ilagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #4297
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Did you ever have the problem that when making calls you can hear the other person fine but they can't hear you?

I've been having this problem intermittently and its getting bad enough that I'll have to bring it in for warranty.
ALL the time, but Apple dosen't belive me.

I've have the following issues with my phone.

Home button periodically dosen't work
Some kind of internal rattle if you shake the phone
Drops calls quite often (have a case)
Other end can't hear me but I can hear them

I am un jailbreaking my phone right now and and going to swing by another apple store today. Any recc on which one is the best?
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #4298
Banned By Establishment

What are everyone's thoughts on the next iPhone?

iPhone 4G?
iPhone 4GS?
iPhone 5?
RangeRoverTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #4299
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

It's been a while since I last followed the iPhone, but when the iphone 4 first came out last summer I read that all iPhones came unlocked, and would become locked to whichever carrier you activate it on... is that still true?
CT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #4300
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT10 View Post
It's been a while since I last followed the iPhone, but when the iphone 4 first came out last summer I read that all iPhones came unlocked, and would become locked to whichever carrier you activate it on... is that still true?
I searched up a while back and got that above answer. If you buy it from the Apple store they will sell it to you either unlocked or locked. I bought 2 iphone 4s off craigslist that were supposed to be locked to Bell and Rogers. I somehow got lucky and they turned out to both be factory unlocked.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: