REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #51
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...hat-kobe-works

read that.
Advertisement
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #52
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Cavs owner: LeBron's signing a "cowardly betrayal"
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../14655031.html

Now, I don't care about Lebron, or even basketball for that matter.

But Dan Gilbert? Shut the fuck up. Lebron doesn't owe shit to you or the city.

Cleveland will win the NBA Championship before Lebron? Someone needs to spend some money on a bag of reality.
Lebron does owe the city, fuck that. Name me a STAR that did the move he did? AKA "i might come home, i love the team. give me time to think about it."

Then....in a 1 hour special, tell the world that this move to Miami is what he wanted all along with playing with Bosh/Wade for the last year.

Why not just when he finished the discussion on monday with the Heats, end it there?

WTF with a ESPN special?

Granted: Dan Gilbert's little letter is retarded. Cavs aren't winning jack shit.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,411 Times in 3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post

WTF with a ESPN special?
Would of had a press conference anyway and this way he raised a bunch for charity.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #54
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,859 Times in 8,217 Posts
I'm not an NBA fan, so I have no idea...

Is Lebron James really that good? I know he was marketed as being the next MJ... How many championships has he won?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #55
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
none for the time being & i barely watch NBA every since the Clippers went straight down hill again, but serious im not a fan of James but if he was with the Clippers (now this is coming from a guy that says the greatest NBA of the 90s is dennis rodman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #56
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
FYI: By having a 1 hour special on ESPN he was able to raise 2.5 mill for the Boys and Girls club of America.
This 1hr special was all for Lebrons ego, not for charity. He could've quietly donated to the Boys and Girls club himself instead of this attention whore bs. I was always indifferent to Lebron, but now I just hate him. What kind of arrogant douchebag requests an one hour special to announce his signing, a simple half page press release would've sufficed, especially for a guy who hasn't won a single championship.

Hell if you're going to hold a one hour special to decide where you going to sign, least you could've done was made it interesting and have GMs from each team joust each other with the winner signing you or something, and then have Jordan come out at the end and bitch slap Lebron for pulling this 1hr special bs.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #57
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
You guys are all retarded.

Allen and Garnett did similar when joining Pierce in Boston, leaving teams/cities they had a long tenure with and fans that loved them. They all took pay cuts to ensure they'd put together a team to win.

Bosh and James have joined Wade taking less money in order to win. I think they should be applauded for actually wanting to win. It is not about the $$$, its about the championship. This will make for some fantastic games this year.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:49 AM   #58
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
actually James only shine cuz the Cav suck monkey balls & they needed a star & they only way he can con't to shine is if he plays for another shitty team with no star (like my Clippers)

& we all know that James wants damn ring, but unlike KG & Allen hes consider a super star when hes joining the Heats, while Allen & KG were not as huge as James

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #59
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I don't mind that LBJ joined Miami. I just wish he woulda just told the media the same way wade and bosh did. I'm pretty sure that they all knew that they were going to play in Miami already. They should have just announced it all at once. Lebron is taking a beating now for looking like a bitch. Cleveland fans and their owner are so classless...
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #60
degenerate extraordinaire

KG and Allen were superstars back a few years ago, just that their move to boston occured past their 'prime' which in the NBA seems to quite early.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Without a good bench, they are not going very far.

Look at the stupidity stacked Lakers team 6 years ago with Malone, Shaq, Kobe, (Payton?), ...

They lost to Detroit pretty badly.
I wouldnt call that team "stacked" since Malone and Payton were waaaay past their prime, to the point where they're about to retire

This team has 3 stars in their primes, so its gonna be interesting, can't say they'll win the title next season but they'll prob make it to the east finals, celtics vs heat thats gonna be fun to watch
dachinesedude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #62
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post

Allen and Garnett did similar when joining Pierce in Boston, leaving teams/cities they had a long tenure with and fans that loved them. They all took pay cuts to ensure they'd put together a team to win.

Bosh and James have joined Wade taking less money in order to win. I think they should be applauded for actually wanting to win. It is not about the $$$, its about the championship. This will make for some fantastic games this year.

Danny Ainge pulled the right moves and gave up a lot to get Allen and Garnett.

Btw, Allen and Garnett did not sign anything new with Boston when they were acquired. I believe Allen is making $16m and Garnett is making $24m.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #63
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Tell that to the city of Cleveland where they have been burning his jersey ever since....
Old 07-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #64
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,196 Posts
I don't follow NBA very much. Could someone give an example of 3 NHL players that are at the "level" of Wade, Bosh, and LBJ?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #65
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I don't follow NBA very much. Could someone give an example of 3 NHL players that are at the "level" of Wade, Bosh, and LBJ?
IMO, Lebron would be like Ovechkin, Wade would be like Toews and Bosh would be like a Kopitar.

Personally I think Bosh is overrated.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #66
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:

Nah, i think you are the only retarded one here.

Garnett and Allen was NEVER given a supporting cast like what the cavs were trying to do with LeBron....i.e. Williams/Jamison/Shaq/Parker/Moon, etc. and plus, Garnett and Allen went to boston when they were what? 32yrs old? and have yet to win a championship..but they TRIED to win on their own as the main guy on their respective teams.

Ok, so let's say James wins 5-6 championships with the HEAT or whatever how long he's there for,.. does that mean he's better than Kobe/Jordan, etc?

I don't think so.. he will ALWAYS have a label of being a tag along to Wade's TEAM and can't win on his own lol.... Just like Kobe, everyone was not giving him enough credit for his first few titles due to shaq being there with him as he was not the main guy.. but now he won his own back to back, he's got everyone's attention as one of the greats...

So before you call ppl retarded, read what you have written first.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #67
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:

yeah. we definatley should applaud them. they took, lets say, 5 million less a season. that means instead of buying a 120 foot yacht, they can now only buy a 100 foot yacht.

thank god for the lack of income tax in florida or i wouldnt know how they could live.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
yeah. we definatley should applaud them. they took, lets say, 5 million less a season. that means instead of buying a 120 foot yacht, they can now only buy a 100 foot yacht.

thank god for the lack of income tax in florida or i wouldnt know how they could live.
I wonder if the owner can offer these players $$$ on the side.. cuz they can easily make the $ back thru sales/tickets, etc...hahaha maybe that's what the "meeting" was all about
Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #69
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Gilbert has made himself and the entire Cavs organization look like a bunch of whining fucking babies. "This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment." - Never before have we witnessed such unprofessionalism from an NBA owner either. If anything, his open letter is worse.

The Cavs had 7 years with James, in the sports world that's a long time to spend with 1 team. Being the franchise player that he is it was time to move on. Very few athletes pull a Michael Jordan and stick with 1 team essentially their entire career. Gilbert couldn't put a team together behind James, couldn't get a championship, and James is moving on because he wants to win. Cavs will win 1 before James?

If Cleveland loved Lebron so much like they say they did they would support him wherever he plays. Now they've just alienated him from his home state and home team. I'm surprised the rest of the Cavaliers organization is even letting Gilbert rant and rave like this, what a joke.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #70
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Nah, i think you are the only retarded one here.
Nope, still you.

Quote:
Garnett and Allen was NEVER given a supporting cast like what the cavs were trying to do with LeBron....i.e. Williams/Jamison/Shaq/Parker/Moon, etc. and plus, Garnett and Allen went to boston when they were what? 32yrs old? and have yet to win a championship..but they TRIED to win on their own as the main guy on their respective teams.
Yes, cause James NEVER tried to win a champsionship with the Cavs

James needs a teammate like Jordan needed Pippen. Pippen is one of the leagues 50 greatest - none of the Cavs measure up to that and it didn't appear they were looking to acquire someone of that caliber.

Quote:
Ok, so let's say James wins 5-6 championships with the HEAT or whatever how long he's there for,.. does that mean he's better than Kobe/Jordan, etc?
Who cares? You seem to forget James took a paycut to get to Miami with 2 other big stars, which means its not about the fame or $$$ - its about winning. Get your head out of your ass.

Quote:
I don't think so.. he will ALWAYS have a label of being a tag along to Wade's TEAM and can't win on his own lol.... Just like Kobe, everyone was not giving him enough credit for his first few titles due to shaq being there with him as he was not the main guy.. but now he won his own back to back, he's got everyone's attention as one of the greats...
Kobe has a chip on his shoulder, James does not. I like Kobe, yet he's an arrogant ass and needed to win on his own to prove something to himself. James just wants to win.

Quote:
So before you call ppl retarded, read what you have written first.
You're even more retarded now.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #71
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

one thing LBJ does have in common with Kobe now = the amount of love / hate
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #72
I don't get it

You guys are looking way too much into this. Yes, he could of gone without the one hour special, but the networks wanted it, the media wanted the drama and the money earned from the special was donated, the only ppl butt hurt about this are the ones that wasted the entire hour watching the special.

lebron is fiercely competitive and he wants to be considered one of the best of all time, the only way to achieve that is to win multiple titles, not one or two, but four or five similar to the likes of jordan and kobe who have 6 and 5 respectively.

He wasn't gonna win any championships if he stayed in cleveland, wade wasn't gonna go there, bosh said he wanted to play with lebron, but not in cleveland, so what real choices did lebron have if he really wanted to win. Boozer, Dirk, Amare, Melo, Durant already signed, who can he lure to cleveland?

If lebron went to chicago, ppl would still be giving him shit. If it was about his ego and money, he would of went to the knicks and become one of the richest bankable athletes in the world playing in the mecca of basketball, but instead, lebron took less money, chose to go to a place where he considers is the best chance to win championships.

it would of been a nice story if he stayed with cleveland, but it's easy to understand why he left.
tacobell is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #73

Quote:
Nope, still you. :

LOL

Quote:
Yes, cause James NEVER tried to win a champsionship with the Cavs :

[B]I never said that.....the CAVS wants to win and are trying to work with James.. even bringing in pieces to the puzzle...

Quote:
James needs a teammate like Jordan needed Pippen. Pippen is one of the leagues 50 greatest - none of the Cavs measure up to that and it didn't appear they were looking to acquire someone of that caliber.:

Yes, Pippen and Jordan.... So why can't LeBron try and get Boozer or something with the Cavs. and just have a 1-2 punch.. now he needs 2 guys' help. And I hope you don't bring up Rodman, Kukoc, etc...cuz that will make you look more stupid.

Quote:
Who cares? You seem to forget James took a paycut to get to Miami with 2 other big stars, which means its not about the fame or $$$ - its about winning. Get your head out of your ass. :

Quote:
Kobe has a chip on his shoulder, James does not. I like Kobe, yet he's an arrogant ass and needed to win on his own to prove something to himself. James just wants to win.:

Yes, and I'd rather have a chip on my shoulder and win on my own it's a personal challenge.. What LeBron did is make himself look desperate for a title at age 25.. He could've gone to the BULLS and he will be the "main guy" and it will be his team and CONTEND... Even announcing where he will play after BOSH and WADE said they will go to Miami made him look like he is piggybacking hahaha

Quote:
You're even more retarded now.
LOL..such a dumbass

Last edited by 411ken; 07-09-2010 at 09:03 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSouL View Post
one thing LBJ does have in common with Kobe now = the amount of love / hate
I agree... one thing they dont' have in common though is....... Kobe has 5 rings.... hahaha
Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #75

I'm not here to make an argument but as everyone says.. they will all have different opinions to this matter.