REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #126
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
im still amazed how people are all on lebron's dick even though he hasn't won anything.

6th ring for Kobe in 2011

Advertisement
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #127
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Good article 7seven.

Bottom line, big 3 made a pact in 06 to play together. What I find funny is, they knew all along that they would play together, yet they took the opportunity to entertain pitches made to them by teams as to why they should play on that team. I know I would do that, why wouldn't you? They've earned that right.

If Jay Z wanted Lebron to come to the Nets he should have offered James the night with:

07_beyonce_10.jpg
Old 07-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
im still amazed how people are all on lebron's dick even though he hasn't won anything.

6th ring for Kobe in 2011
Are you insinuating you are on Kobe's dick then? [ j/k.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #129

^ no homo
Old 07-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #130
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,203 Times in 2,281 Posts
Put it this way, LeBron's goal is clear. it wasn't to WIN a championship. It was to WIN a championship with Bosh and Wade.

If LeBron just wanted to win a championship, he could have either stayed with Cleveland or goto the Bulls. The Bulls look more solid than the Heat actually do.

Now lets take a look at the interview. IT WAS VERY HARD TO WATCH WITH ALL THE CONTRADICTING STATEMENTS, TRYING TO FIRE OUT QUOTES AND TRYING SO HARD TO BE A "TEAM PLAYER" WHEN CLEARLY ALOT OF THE BULLSHIT WAS IM LEBRON MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEME

Good on him, using the show to donate money to kids on the cost of everyones time.

It does suck for cleveland, Hometown boy, the performance on the court was mediocre. But we cannot deny the fact that Cleveland tried to put the best players around him. At the same time, its a competitive sport. Boston was the better team. Sucks for Cleveland.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #131
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
I'm a huge LeBron fan and disappointed that he left Cleveland and took the easy route, but he has every right to do this. He's a top notch player who has worked extremely hard to get to this position. He doesn't owe anyone anything, and I'm sure Gilbert's rant was just in the heat of the moment.

Players have the right to choose where they go, and LeBron has chosen to play with 2 of his closest friends in the NBA. If he wants to win a championship with his friends and take less money to do so, I can respect that.

Haters are gonna hate. If he took the $120mil max deal in Cleveland, people would be jumping on him for being a greedy asshole who just plays for the money.
Lebron owes alot to the city of Ohio Cleveland and Akron supported him from the start. I mean its cool to leave but leave without disrespecting your hometown by annoucing your leaving on national TV.
g604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #132
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

But to summarize everything.. NBA CAP system sucks shit..

We will see this

Lakers
Celtics
Heat
Magic

And the rest are just "fillers"

Rotation..lol.. with the Lakers coming out on top everytime... lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #133
Banned (ABWS)

we all knew this was coming lol

BlacknJean is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #134
Banned (BBM)

lol wtf
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #135
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
FYI: by having a 1 hour special on ESPN. he was able to raise way more for his own pockets

Lakers 2011.

ps. when was the last time you heard of a "king" that has no rings?
When was the last time u heard of a nba champion that was a rapist ??? King, Flash & CB4 takin over....
Posted via RS Mobile
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMA View Post
When was the last time u heard of a nba champion that was a rapist ??? King, Flash & CB4 takin over....
Posted via RS Mobile
How is the miami heat bandwagon. Enough seating? Probably not cuz I'm sure you just got on and its standing room only

KB24.com
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #137

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
This thread is going fight club pretty soon.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #138

Quote:
How is the miami heat bandwagon. Enough seating? Probably not cuz I'm sure you just got on and its standing room only

KB24.com
Posted via RS Mobile
Lol no bandwagoning here bro lebron & wade always been my fav 2 players, actualy I guess I am a bandwagoner since iv been a cavs fan since lebron got drafted so yah technically I am bandwagoning, LOL but that has nothin to do with lebron,wade, & bosh takin over, whether I'm a bandwagoner, a kobe fan or w.e this triple threat is gna accomplish big things
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #139
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:

KB24.com
Posted via RS Mobile
Be nice now.... these guys are die hard miami heat fans
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #140

Quote:
Lol no bandwagoning here bro lebron & wade always been my fav 2 players, actualy I guess I am a bandwagoner since iv been a cavs fan since lebron got drafted so yah technically I am bandwagoning, LOL but that has nothin to do with lebron,wade, & bosh takin over, whether I'm a bandwagoner, a kobe fan or w.e this triple threat is gna accomplish big things
Posted via RS Mobile
heres the difference. Miami has great players. Lakers have a great team.

most of the time when you have alot of stars on one team they don't do jack shit. look at real madrid in soccer. they cant buy a champions league title. and they have tried. miami heat will go down the same way
Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #141
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Simply put it. How will this affect the legacy of LeBron James?

hes goin to play with 2 others with similar point totals a night as an individual.
he's not gonna break no point record that he's on pace for now that his numbers will be drastically WRECKED.

Here are the stats for TEAM USA in 08

LBJ - 15.5ppg
Wade 16ppg
Bost 9PPG

sounds about right... hmm Chris Bosh isn't gonna be the big man in the middle, so they need a spot there. Wade, Bosh and LBJ as outside shooters? nah. Bring in Mike Miller

or rather, this team needs a bench.

The Magic will give the heat a run for the money.

oh yea..btw KG and Allen were traded to build the celtics so they could actually win.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #142
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
heres the difference. Miami has great players. Lakers have a great team.

most of the time when you have alot of stars on one team they don't do jack shit. look at real madrid in soccer. they cant buy a champions league title. and they have tried. miami heat will go down the same way
than what are the boston celtics?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
than what are the boston celtics?
Quoting kevin garnett. "Anything is possible". Plus, That isn't a dynasty like the lakers with kobe
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #144

^ I can understand what u trying to say, firstly u can't compare ball to soccer, lebron wade and bosh are all going to elevate their games when they play with each other, these guys are all buddies and have planned this for 2 years, they are going to make every player around them bring their game to a new level, they are pretty much in immediate contending for the nba finals, I'm not going to count any other team like LA,boston,orl,sa,denver,okc.atl
Etc out, just gota wait and see wen 10/11 season begins but I guarantee one thing its gona be fukn great to watch and that's probably the best part about all this
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #145
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

the trifecta means they are going to draw in a buncha players that will sign for cheap. Whether the pieces are right, we will see. The only issue is that since NBA players are so ego filled hot headed athletes will only hurt the Heat. Eventually someone will snap

anyways. Good on Chris Bosh, lets hope LeBron does the same, a sign and trade

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=327146

Last edited by Tim Budong; 07-09-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #146
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
the trifecta means they are going to draw in a buncha players that will sign for cheap. Whether the pieces are right, we will see. The only issue is that since NBA players are so ego filled hot headed athletes will only hurt the Heat. Eventually someone will snap

anyways. Good on Chris Bosh, lets hope LeBron does the same, a sign and trade

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=327146
Good on Bosh? you think he is doing a favor for Toronto? he agreeing to the sign and trade so he can line his pockets with 30 extra million dollars. he doesn't give a shit about TO
tacobell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #147
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

oh yeah the big 3 bosh and lebron would be gud
daica-viet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #148
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
i think in the end this is good for Toronto, if they signed another 6years with Bosh, thats 6 years guaranteed no championship, everyone knows that, Bosh can't do shit by himself

without Bosh at least they can re-build and try to find somebody who CAN win and be relied upon as a leader. Yes, the next few years won't be pretty but in the end it'll be better than having a franchise player that can't bring home the bacon

Also, I predict Orlando will come out on top in the East for regular season... playoffs... different story, hard to say

East Standings Regular Season:
Orlando
Miami
Boston
Atlanta
PiuYi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:13 AM   #149

Quote:
^ I can understand what u trying to say, firstly u can't compare ball to soccer, lebron wade and bosh are all going to elevate their games when they play with each other, these guys are all buddies and have planned this for 2 years, they are going to make every player around them bring their game to a new level, they are pretty much in immediate contending for the nba finals, I'm not going to count any other team like LA,boston,orl,sa,denver,okc.atl
Etc out, just gota wait and see wen 10/11 season begins but I guarantee one thing its gona be fukn great to watch and that's probably the best part about all this
Posted via RS Mobile
please. dont bank on shit that hasn't happened
Old 07-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #150
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Wow so many haters suddenly showed up...

LeBron was in a no win situation here...Whatever he did, he would have either been scorned by people for not choosing their team, or being a greedy bitch and taking the money in Cleveland. It's not his fault that teams like the Knicks and Nets decided to take a gamble and cleared cap space for him for the past 2 years...At the end of the day only 1 team will be happy.

LeBron has had an unbelievable start to his NBA career, better than anyone in the history of the NBA. He has been a dominant player for the past 7 years and is a 2 time MVP. Yet people say he was mediocore? Please...he led a shitty Cleveland team to the NBA finals. I'm tired of how "greatness" is measured by championships, because basketball is a team game and when the players around you are not as good as the other team, you simply can't win.

With regards to the 1 hour special...To say that his sole purpose for doing it was for the whole "Oh look at me, I'm LeBron James" is ridiculous and short sighted. I honestly believe the main reason why he chose to do it was because he thought he could take advantage of all this publicity for a good cause. Why is he the only athlete to ever do this? Because he is the only athlete to be able to command this much attention. IF DWade were to do a similar thing, do you think he would be able to fetch $2.5million? Not even close.

I'm sure a part of it was to "build" his brand as well, but overall, he believed the benefits outweighed the disadvantages. Some of you say he should donate himself, well he does...a lot. But he shouldn't be expected to do it all. The money that was generated was from advertisers and ESPN. $2.5 million is not a small amount people...Maybe relative to his contract it is, but that money can really make a difference in a lot of children's lives.

If I were a Cavs fan, I would be disappointed, not upset at LeBron. LeBron was a FREE AGENT. He did not owe anyone anything, if you don't like the rules than blame it on the NBA. Cleveland was just like any other team waiting in line for his servives. They had a false sense of ownership when they were no different than New York, New Jersey, Chicago, etc.

1 more thing..."experts" don't think Miami is a top team right now because Miami doesn't even have a full roster yet. They have essentially 5 guys signed, with Beasley waiting to be traded. Once they fill out their roster so that they can actually field a full roster, then I have no doubt that Miami will be top 2 on anyone's list.

Last edited by canucksfan; 07-10-2010 at 01:47 AM.
canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: