REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 07-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Murse

I've been looking around metrotown for a murse but couldn't find one. I want something brand name but not expensive stuff like LV and not something that looks like LV with the pattern, except those black satchel ones and the pouch looks pretty nice.

Or even a belt bag, something I can use to carry my keys and stuff. Something masculine.
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
I don't get it

Bench sells murses.
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
I'm a big fan of Tumi stuff, you can find it down it the states
Old 08-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlangjai View Post
I've been looking around metrotown for a murse but couldn't find one. I want something brand name but not expensive stuff like LV and not something that looks like LV with the pattern, except those black satchel ones and the pouch looks pretty nice.

Or even a belt bag, something I can use to carry my keys and stuff. Something masculine.
if you want something masculine, i would NOT suggest buying a murse.
Professir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Fanny packs are more masculine than those murses
The_Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

^yeah dude, dont wear a murse unless you aspire to conform with nammerism
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

There are some at roots, you can go check it out
ilubebe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2010, 02:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professir View Post
if you want something masculine, i would NOT suggest buying a murse.
There are murse that doesn't even look like a purse, it's more like a pouch you strap around your chest, like a chest pouch.

The ones with LV patterns and hangs over your shoulder are feminine. I'm looking for ones that people bring to when they travel to hold their wallet, keys, phone, smokes, sunglass/eyeglass with the case.

Quote:
^yeah dude, dont wear a murse unless you aspire to conform with nammerism
I guess we shouldn't wear northface and kappa because they're nammerism. What about affliction and ed hardy? They are for gangsters right? Versace and gucci are for homos and people with crude cut and mohawk are gangsters wannabe /endsarcasm. Stop labeling specific things to specific cultures and style, nobody is unique and nobody is different. Fashion trend are past down from one to another, if you label them because one race of people who wears/uses them, then which one did you adapt your style from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoang View Post
Fanny packs are more masculine than those murses
I actually asked about them in my original post, but I call them belt bags. I've seen some people wear them and they look pretty cool. Not the flashy ones with neon yellow and green of course.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 04:07 AM   #9
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Lol aznlangjai is his username
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #10
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,811 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
I guess we shouldn't wear northface and kappa because they're nammerism. What about affliction and ed hardy? They are for gangsters right? Versace and gucci are for homos and people with crude cut and mohawk are gangsters wannabe /endsarcasm. Stop labeling specific things to specific cultures and style, nobody is unique and nobody is different. Fashion trend are past down from one to another, if you label them because one race of people who wears/uses them, then which one did you adapt your style from?
is this your cousin by any chance?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

its funny you say that. such a naive egalitarian aspect you hold. i wear clothes which look good, not items that are plastered with foils, skulls, and such. and i will label people, just like you unknowingly do so yourself. it's like having a tattoo. sure, not everyone who has a tattoo is thugged out or gangster wanna-be or having a stint of rebelism, just like not everyone who wears ed hardy or a gucci murse is a complete fag (though most are). but when you see someone with a tattoo, first thing that comes to mind are the negative connotations. whose gonna see someone with a full arm sleeve, dragons and phoenixes wrapped around eachother, and think "oh wow, this guy must be a really nice, successful, charismatic, proper gentlemen". Same thing goes for Ed Hardy and murses. People see them and right away, they paint you in a stereotypical light regardless of whether you truly belong in the group you've been labeled into.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

This guy is just asking where to find a murse, why reply if you don't have any postive suggestions?
Not my style but I'm not gonna waste my time saying it "isn't masculine"
but yeah check out Roots and whatnot, definately try the States
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #13
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I wouldn't wear a murse but I wear a lot of stuff that most guys wouldn't wear so who am I to judge.

Also, a lot of Europeans are still rocking the murse, case in point...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^^^^^

what sunglasses are those??
Xplicit_EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #15

This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #16
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit_EL View Post
^^^^^

what sunglasses are those??
CR's left Dolce & Gabbana and has gone all Gucci of late so I assume the sunglasses are Gucci, maybe from the Gucci heritage collection.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:31 AM   #17

Quote:
its funny you say that. such a naive egalitarian aspect you hold. i wear clothes which look good, not items that are plastered with foils, skulls, and such. and i will label people, just like you unknowingly do so yourself. it's like having a tattoo. sure, not everyone who has a tattoo is thugged out or gangster wanna-be or having a stint of rebelism, just like not everyone who wears ed hardy or a gucci murse is a complete fag (though most are). but when you see someone with a tattoo, first thing that comes to mind are the negative connotations. whose gonna see someone with a full arm sleeve, dragons and phoenixes wrapped around eachother, and think "oh wow, this guy must be a really nice, successful, charismatic, proper gentlemen". Same thing goes for Ed Hardy and murses. People see them and right away, they paint you in a stereotypical light regardless of whether you truly belong in the group you've been labeled into.
The first bolded line: So your clothes look good, but the ones with skulls and tin foil does not? That's clearly your own opinion and your own fashion trend, you cannot speak for everyone.

The second bolded line: You judge people by their looks, and believe me, I know people who have sleeves of tattoo that are gentlemen who have a conscience when it comes down to harming another. And no, the first thing that comes to my mind is, he is just another person who follows the tattoo trend.

The third bolded line: You are as stereotypical as these people, and you speak for part of our society, not everyone.

You clearly know people label and stereotype, yet you still hop on the bandwagon and do the labeling yourself. I think deep down inside, subconsciously, you refuse to wear a murse or clothing with skulls and tin foil because you are afraid to be labeled yourself. But me, I accept fashion for what it is, not because some race/culture/nammer-gangster-wannabe wears them.

To summarize all of this, you are prejudice and stereotypical yet I am open-minded.

On a side note, look up on the word "egalitarian" before using it in an argument about fashion. You try to make your post sound educated and smart, but your grammar and punctuations are horrible.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

i used egalitarian to describe your quoted words of "nobody is different, nobody is unique", guess I'm too damn familiar with the word's meaning after all. yup, i do label and stereotype. i live by a rule of probability. for every tatted up person who has proper etiquette, he has 9 counterpart thugs. I used to be just like you, thinking how open minded and politically inclined i was. Then I took a few psychology classes, and realized how much of a judgemental bastard I and everyone around me happened to be.

hahahahha, trust me, my opinion speaks for the general public when it comes down to foils and skulls. from your relativist POV, everyone, every country or culture, has an inalienable right to dictate it's own set of morals and customs, and in this case it's fashion standard. but think about it, if everyone is right, on what grounds are we able to argue about something being wrong? sure it's my opinion, but there's good opinions and bad opinions. i speak for the well educated public, (which i assume you will disagree with due to my "inaccurate use of grammar" lol) not the punks.

yes, i am afraid to be labeled myself. but aren't you? would you ever want to be considered a rapist, a murderer, a child molestor? Would you ever dress like a girl? If not, then don't lecture me about labeling because you're just as much in the same boat.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
i used egalitarian to describe your quoted words of "nobody is different, nobody is unique", guess I'm too damn familiar with the word's meaning after all. yup, i do label and stereotype. i live by a rule of probability. for every tatted up person who has proper etiquette, he has 9 counterpart thugs. I used to be just like you, thinking how open minded and politically inclined i was. Then I took a few psychology classes, and realized how much of a judgemental bastard I and everyone around me happened to be.

hahahahha, trust me, my opinion speaks for the general public when it comes down to foils and skulls. from your relativist POV, everyone, every country or culture, has an inalienable right to dictate it's own set of morals and customs, and in this case it's fashion standard. but think about it, if everyone is right, on what grounds are we able to argue about something being wrong? sure it's my opinion, but there's good opinions and bad opinions. i speak for the well educated public, (which i assume you will disagree with due to my "inaccurate use of grammar" lol) not the punks.

yes, i am afraid to be labeled myself. but aren't you? would you ever want to be considered a rapist, a murderer, a child molestor? Would you ever dress like a girl? If not, then don't lecture me about labeling because you're just as much in the same boat.
Man just stfu and tell the man where to get a fucking murse.

What's the fucking point in arguing about people's opinions on fucking murses. You're free to voice your opinion but don't force that shit on people who don't think the same way.

Why the fuck is society so judgemental? Just let people do what they fucking want. As long as it doesn't harm or affect others, why the fuck should you care?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

lol haha because i know how judgemental society can be from personal experiences, so i don't want him to buy something and regret it in the future.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
wearing a murse is ok. as long as it doesnt show any patterns and is discrete.
there are guy jeans like Dior out there that have tight ass pockets, so u cannot put anything in there, and these are not those homo jeans. I usually carry everything in my hands when i wear these though, but many people use some kind of bag to carry them. Or when people ride on bikes, they all carry murses so murese doesnt necarriscily look homo. Or in asia and europe, where 90% people don't have the luxury to drive.

something like this is ok

Last edited by Zyzz; 08-02-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #22
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Wow arguing about a murse O_O;
so Did you find it at roots?
ilubebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:44 AM   #23
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
murses are actually pretty usefull when travelling, i used my gucci murse and had money in the back zipper with my passport and stuff in the other pockets.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #24

Quote:

At least this time, it's well said. My definition of "nobody is unique, nobody is different" has nothing to do with equality. I was speaking for fashion in general.

Your opinion speaks for the general public who are just like you, and trust me, there aren't very many. You hang around them, you meet them, but they are not the majority of the public.

We are not arguing about anything being right or wrong here, just good or bad.

Rapist, murder, child molestor, yes I would be afraid to be labeled as those, but we're talking about fashion here. Those labeling goes beyond the line, it impacts your life in getting a job and being in a community. It has nothing relevant to wearing a murse. But atleast you admit that you are afraid of being labeled. I really wish you would set your mind free and try on new things, that you wouldn't even know it's good, until you actually approach it.

On a side note, what defines as dressing like a girl? Skirts? Eyeliner? Make up? There are men from different culture that are already in those trend. Irish wear skirts. And if I ever visit Ireland, I would probably do so just for fun.

Honestly, there is nothing to be ashamed about just because people laugh at it. You need to loosen up and appreciate things instead of hating.

Anyways, I'm done. Thanks to those who actually took the time to give me information on where to get a murse. I will check out roots when I have the time off work.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #25
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
i never had the urge to carry more than my phone, keys and wallet, which all easily fit in my jeans or hoody/jacket pockets.

when i used to smoke i had to carry a lighter and cigarettes, but still managed without a murse.

just wondering, what kind of stuff would you put in your murse anyway? serious question.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: