REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,699
Thanked 1,007 Times in 403 Posts
Murse

I've been looking around metrotown for a murse but couldn't find one. I want something brand name but not expensive stuff like LV and not something that looks like LV with the pattern, except those black satchel ones and the pouch looks pretty nice.

Or even a belt bag, something I can use to carry my keys and stuff. Something masculine.
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #2
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 422
Thanked 259 Times in 88 Posts
Bench sells murses.
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
nuggets mod
 
freakshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 6,701
Thanked 3,045 Times in 840 Posts
I'm a big fan of Tumi stuff, you can find it down it the states
__________________
I searched for truth, and all I found was You

'00 323i (Sold)
'01 Civic Si (Sold)
'95 240sx (Sold)
'02 LMB M5 (Sold)
'92 4Runner (Sold)
'92 Civic VX (Sold)
'03 SL500 (Sold)
'92 NSX
'99 M3 (Totalled)
'07 A4 2.0T (Sold)
'01 CB M5 (Sold)
'01 540i (Sold)
'11 535ix
freakshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #4
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: lower mainland
Posts: 233
Thanked 49 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlangjai View Post
I've been looking around metrotown for a murse but couldn't find one. I want something brand name but not expensive stuff like LV and not something that looks like LV with the pattern, except those black satchel ones and the pouch looks pretty nice.

Or even a belt bag, something I can use to carry my keys and stuff. Something masculine.
if you want something masculine, i would NOT suggest buying a murse.
Professir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:48 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS
 
The_Situation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,160
Thanked 1,582 Times in 524 Posts
Fanny packs are more masculine than those murses
The_Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:06 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: lower mainland
Posts: 233
Thanked 49 Times in 21 Posts
^yeah dude, dont wear a murse unless you aspire to conform with nammerism
Professir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
ilubebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 248
Thanked 111 Times in 14 Posts
There are some at roots, you can go check it out
ilubebe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2010, 03:34 AM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,699
Thanked 1,007 Times in 403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professir View Post
if you want something masculine, i would NOT suggest buying a murse.
There are murse that doesn't even look like a purse, it's more like a pouch you strap around your chest, like a chest pouch.

The ones with LV patterns and hangs over your shoulder are feminine. I'm looking for ones that people bring to when they travel to hold their wallet, keys, phone, smokes, sunglass/eyeglass with the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professir View Post
^yeah dude, dont wear a murse unless you aspire to conform with nammerism
I guess we shouldn't wear northface and kappa because they're nammerism. What about affliction and ed hardy? They are for gangsters right? Versace and gucci are for homos and people with crude cut and mohawk are gangsters wannabe /endsarcasm. Stop labeling specific things to specific cultures and style, nobody is unique and nobody is different. Fashion trend are past down from one to another, if you label them because one race of people who wears/uses them, then which one did you adapt your style from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoang View Post
Fanny packs are more masculine than those murses
I actually asked about them in my original post, but I call them belt bags. I've seen some people wear them and they look pretty cool. Not the flashy ones with neon yellow and green of course.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #9
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,173
Thanked 5,283 Times in 892 Posts
Lol aznlangjai is his username
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #10
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 16,342
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlangjai View Post
I guess we shouldn't wear northface and kappa because they're nammerism. What about affliction and ed hardy? They are for gangsters right? Versace and gucci are for homos and people with crude cut and mohawk are gangsters wannabe /endsarcasm. Stop labeling specific things to specific cultures and style, nobody is unique and nobody is different. Fashion trend are past down from one to another, if you label them because one race of people who wears/uses them, then which one did you adapt your style from?
.
is this your cousin by any chance?
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: lower mainland
Posts: 233
Thanked 49 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlangjai View Post

I guess we shouldn't wear northface and kappa because they're nammerism. What about affliction and ed hardy? They are for gangsters right? Versace and gucci are for homos and people with crude cut and mohawk are gangsters wannabe /endsarcasm. Stop labeling specific things to specific cultures and style, nobody is unique and nobody is different. Fashion trend are past down from one to another, if you label them because one race of people who wears/uses them, then which one did you adapt your style from?
its funny you say that. such a naive egalitarian aspect you hold. i wear clothes which look good, not items that are plastered with foils, skulls, and such. and i will label people, just like you unknowingly do so yourself. it's like having a tattoo. sure, not everyone who has a tattoo is thugged out or gangster wanna-be or having a stint of rebelism, just like not everyone who wears ed hardy or a gucci murse is a complete fag (though most are). but when you see someone with a tattoo, first thing that comes to mind are the negative connotations. whose gonna see someone with a full arm sleeve, dragons and phoenixes wrapped around eachother, and think "oh wow, this guy must be a really nice, successful, charismatic, proper gentlemen". Same thing goes for Ed Hardy and murses. People see them and right away, they paint you in a stereotypical light regardless of whether you truly belong in the group you've been labeled into.
Professir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
greendb7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,758
Thanked 403 Times in 130 Posts
This guy is just asking where to find a murse, why reply if you don't have any postive suggestions?
Not my style but I'm not gonna waste my time saying it "isn't masculine"
but yeah check out Roots and whatnot, definately try the States
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #13
y'all better put some respeck on my name
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,740
Thanked 8,021 Times in 2,085 Posts
I wouldn't wear a murse but I wear a lot of stuff that most guys wouldn't wear so who am I to judge.

Also, a lot of Europeans are still rocking the murse, case in point...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Xplicit_EL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: vancouver
Posts: 588
Thanked 48 Times in 24 Posts
^^^^^

what sunglasses are those??
Xplicit_EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
dinamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,675
Thanked 598 Times in 231 Posts
__________________
:lol
dinamix is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #16
y'all better put some respeck on my name
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,740
Thanked 8,021 Times in 2,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit_EL View Post
^^^^^

what sunglasses are those??
CR's left Dolce & Gabbana and has gone all Gucci of late so I assume the sunglasses are Gucci, maybe from the Gucci heritage collection.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:31 AM   #17
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,699
Thanked 1,007 Times in 403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professir View Post
its funny you say that. such a naive egalitarian aspect you hold. i wear clothes which look good, not items that are plastered with foils, skulls, and such. and i will label people, just like you unknowingly do so yourself. it's like having a tattoo. sure, not everyone who has a tattoo is thugged out or gangster wanna-be or having a stint of rebelism, just like not everyone who wears ed hardy or a gucci murse is a complete fag (though most are). but when you see someone with a tattoo, first thing that comes to mind are the negative connotations. whose gonna see someone with a full arm sleeve, dragons and phoenixes wrapped around eachother, and think "oh wow, this guy must be a really nice, successful, charismatic, proper gentlemen". Same thing goes for Ed Hardy and murses. People see them and right away, they paint you in a stereotypical light regardless of whether you truly belong in the group you've been labeled into.
The first bolded line: So your clothes look good, but the ones with skulls and tin foil does not? That's clearly your own opinion and your own fashion trend, you cannot speak for everyone.

The second bolded line: You judge people by their looks, and believe me, I know people who have sleeves of tattoo that are gentlemen who have a conscience when it comes down to harming another. And no, the first thing that comes to my mind is, he is just another person who follows the tattoo trend.

The third bolded line: You are as stereotypical as these people, and you speak for part of our society, not everyone.

You clearly know people label and stereotype, yet you still hop on the bandwagon and do the labeling yourself. I think deep down inside, subconsciously, you refuse to wear a murse or clothing with skulls and tin foil because you are afraid to be labeled yourself. But me, I accept fashion for what it is, not because some race/culture/nammer-gangster-wannabe wears them.

To summarize all of this, you are prejudice and stereotypical yet I am open-minded.

On a side note, look up on the word "egalitarian" before using it in an argument about fashion. You try to make your post sound educated and smart, but your grammar and punctuations are horrible.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #18
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: lower mainland
Posts: 233
Thanked 49 Times in 21 Posts
i used egalitarian to describe your quoted words of "nobody is different, nobody is unique", guess I'm too damn familiar with the word's meaning after all. yup, i do label and stereotype. i live by a rule of probability. for every tatted up person who has proper etiquette, he has 9 counterpart thugs. I used to be just like you, thinking how open minded and politically inclined i was. Then I took a few psychology classes, and realized how much of a judgemental bastard I and everyone around me happened to be.

hahahahha, trust me, my opinion speaks for the general public when it comes down to foils and skulls. from your relativist POV, everyone, every country or culture, has an inalienable right to dictate it's own set of morals and customs, and in this case it's fashion standard. but think about it, if everyone is right, on what grounds are we able to argue about something being wrong? sure it's my opinion, but there's good opinions and bad opinions. i speak for the well educated public, (which i assume you will disagree with due to my "inaccurate use of grammar" lol) not the punks.

yes, i am afraid to be labeled myself. but aren't you? would you ever want to be considered a rapist, a murderer, a child molestor? Would you ever dress like a girl? If not, then don't lecture me about labeling because you're just as much in the same boat.
Professir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #19
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,097
Thanked 206 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professir View Post
i used egalitarian to describe your quoted words of "nobody is different, nobody is unique", guess I'm too damn familiar with the word's meaning after all. yup, i do label and stereotype. i live by a rule of probability. for every tatted up person who has proper etiquette, he has 9 counterpart thugs. I used to be just like you, thinking how open minded and politically inclined i was. Then I took a few psychology classes, and realized how much of a judgemental bastard I and everyone around me happened to be.

hahahahha, trust me, my opinion speaks for the general public when it comes down to foils and skulls. from your relativist POV, everyone, every country or culture, has an inalienable right to dictate it's own set of morals and customs, and in this case it's fashion standard. but think about it, if everyone is right, on what grounds are we able to argue about something being wrong? sure it's my opinion, but there's good opinions and bad opinions. i speak for the well educated public, (which i assume you will disagree with due to my "inaccurate use of grammar" lol) not the punks.

yes, i am afraid to be labeled myself. but aren't you? would you ever want to be considered a rapist, a murderer, a child molestor? Would you ever dress like a girl? If not, then don't lecture me about labeling because you're just as much in the same boat.
Man just stfu and tell the man where to get a fucking murse.

What's the fucking point in arguing about people's opinions on fucking murses. You're free to voice your opinion but don't force that shit on people who don't think the same way.

Why the fuck is society so judgemental? Just let people do what they fucking want. As long as it doesn't harm or affect others, why the fuck should you care?
__________________
:o
ecchiecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: lower mainland
Posts: 233
Thanked 49 Times in 21 Posts
lol haha because i know how judgemental society can be from personal experiences, so i don't want him to buy something and regret it in the future.
Professir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mid-levels, HK
Posts: 913
Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
wearing a murse is ok. as long as it doesnt show any patterns and is discrete.
there are guy jeans like Dior out there that have tight ass pockets, so u cannot put anything in there, and these are not those homo jeans. I usually carry everything in my hands when i wear these though, but many people use some kind of bag to carry them. Or when people ride on bikes, they all carry murses so murese doesnt necarriscily look homo. Or in asia and europe, where 90% people don't have the luxury to drive.


something like this is ok

Last edited by Zyzz; 08-02-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #22
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
ilubebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 248
Thanked 111 Times in 14 Posts
Wow arguing about a murse O_O;
so Did you find it at roots?
ilubebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #23
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,489
Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
murses are actually pretty usefull when travelling, i used my gucci murse and had money in the back zipper with my passport and stuff in the other pockets.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #24
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,699
Thanked 1,007 Times in 403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professir View Post
i used egalitarian to describe your quoted words of "nobody is different, nobody is unique", guess I'm too damn familiar with the word's meaning after all. yup, i do label and stereotype. i live by a rule of probability. for every tatted up person who has proper etiquette, he has 9 counterpart thugs. I used to be just like you, thinking how open minded and politically inclined i was. Then I took a few psychology classes, and realized how much of a judgemental bastard I and everyone around me happened to be.

hahahahha, trust me, my opinion speaks for the general public when it comes down to foils and skulls. from your relativist POV, everyone, every country or culture, has an inalienable right to dictate it's own set of morals and customs, and in this case it's fashion standard. but think about it, if everyone is right, on what grounds are we able to argue about something being wrong? sure it's my opinion, but there's good opinions and bad opinions. i speak for the well educated public, (which i assume you will disagree with due to my "inaccurate use of grammar" lol) not the punks.

yes, i am afraid to be labeled myself. but aren't you? would you ever want to be considered a rapist, a murderer, a child molestor? Would you ever dress like a girl? If not, then don't lecture me about labeling because you're just as much in the same boat.
At least this time, it's well said. My definition of "nobody is unique, nobody is different" has nothing to do with equality. I was speaking for fashion in general.

Your opinion speaks for the general public who are just like you, and trust me, there aren't very many. You hang around them, you meet them, but they are not the majority of the public.

We are not arguing about anything being right or wrong here, just good or bad.

Rapist, murder, child molestor, yes I would be afraid to be labeled as those, but we're talking about fashion here. Those labeling goes beyond the line, it impacts your life in getting a job and being in a community. It has nothing relevant to wearing a murse. But atleast you admit that you are afraid of being labeled. I really wish you would set your mind free and try on new things, that you wouldn't even know it's good, until you actually approach it.

On a side note, what defines as dressing like a girl? Skirts? Eyeliner? Make up? There are men from different culture that are already in those trend. Irish wear skirts. And if I ever visit Ireland, I would probably do so just for fun.

Honestly, there is nothing to be ashamed about just because people laugh at it. You need to loosen up and appreciate things instead of hating.

Anyways, I'm done. Thanks to those who actually took the time to give me information on where to get a murse. I will check out roots when I have the time off work.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #25
SFICC-03*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 7,049
Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
i never had the urge to carry more than my phone, keys and wallet, which all easily fit in my jeans or hoody/jacket pockets.

when i used to smoke i had to carry a lighter and cigarettes, but still managed without a murse.

just wondering, what kind of stuff would you put in your murse anyway? serious question.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net