REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   Body shop recommendation (https://www.revscene.net/forums/622238-body-shop-recommendation.html)

$lick 08-13-2010 03:17 AM

Body shop recommendation

So long story short, passenger side was broken into from the window, and body work is required. My only concern is paint matching... for premium white pearl. I did a search but all the threads seem to be dated pretty far back

I thought about taking it to Richmond Auto Body in north van/richmond cause i haven't heard anything bad about either locations but I can't get it in until monday

The other shops I thought about taking it to was
Bismark
No. 1 Collision
Rich City collision and
Automind

please post any other recommendations and any recent experiences if possible!

thanks in advance!

exhil 08-13-2010 03:32 AM

checkpoint collision.
they did my full jdm conversion on my civic. they did an amazing job on it. great service and all.
ask for steven or bill.

narfy 08-17-2010 06:52 AM

no experience with rich city, but i have heard and seen good things about the other 3 u mentioned...

bad5oh 08-17-2010 07:12 PM

Bavara Auto Haus in langley

I know their top bodyman and head painter there. They do very high end work

Spidey 09-01-2010 08:46 AM

if it is an icbc claim, bring it to a higher end body shop.. it is hard to match certain paints 100% but what good shops will do is blend in and make the paint match as best they can.. blending makes it look like its basically 100% even if its matched 90%... it is hard to match 100% due to factors such as age of paint, amount of clear, and brand of paint etc...

shawn84 11-09-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 7088148)
if it is an icbc claim, bring it to a higher end body shop.. it is hard to match certain paints 100% but what good shops will do is blend in and make the paint match as best they can.. blending makes it look like its basically 100% even if its matched 90%... it is hard to match 100% due to factors such as age of paint, amount of clear, and brand of paint etc...

which shop is higher end bodyshop ??? i need to fix my car...

shantz 11-18-2010 09:37 AM

BAVARA AUTO HAUS

Yeah, they're in langley... but they have Valet pick-up and delivery!

www.bavara.ca
www.flickr.com/bavara
or on Facebook!

Spidey 11-18-2010 10:35 AM

no.1 collision does really good work, but do they take japanese imports?

timbits 12-15-2010 02:19 PM

+1 for automind.

Also, look up Cosmos Auto Care in East Van. They do a lot of work for the local Mercedes dealers.

syee 12-17-2010 09:56 AM

Good info to know. Just got into a rear ender today from some black ice and looking for a body shop.

I was less than impressed with AK Autoworks (which I went to a few years back) so looking for alternatives. I've also heard good things about Automind so I may try them this time.

Keenan T 12-17-2010 06:43 PM

I know a shop in van it's called Korva World Glass Collision. They worked on my srt8 when i got hit they did a great job they always have Porsche's, Ferrari's and many other cars in there . They are expensive its worth it for there top quality work.

dimsum1985 03-18-2011 11:54 AM

Rich City on Horseshoe Way gives pretty good deals for private repairs. They also do ICBC work too. When i brought my car there, they actually spent the time to explain what was required to do the repairs, and the manager even gave me a tour of his shop...

+1 for Rich City

bad5oh 03-18-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimsum1985 (Post 7350639)
Rich City on Horseshoe Way gives pretty good deals for private repairs. They also do ICBC work too. When i brought my car there, they actually spent the time to explain what was required to do the repairs, and the manager even gave me a tour of his shop...

+1 for Rich City

Are you dumb? Why are you bringing back old threads?

midnight_r 10-24-2011 12:36 AM

Ok buddy go to integra collision; i guarantee you 100% you will be surprised by the quality workmanship. 9.5 out of 10.

DarkVerses 10-24-2011 11:10 AM

I used to work at Rich City. Their painter sucks. They will cut polish most of the new paint off your car. Plus I haven't ever talked to anyone that enjoyed working there. The boss is really a jerk. Even if I didn't dislike the boss if they did good work I would still recommend them. I also worked at Kirmak collision on Steveston Hwy and no 5 road. The painter there is old skool and totally prides himself in his work. They are are great shop, do amazing work, and pride in the job is apparent.

6insomnia9 10-24-2011 11:44 AM

BWent to twinstar collision, nice guys and did great work.
Posted via RS Mobile

TjAlmeida 10-25-2011 01:14 AM

Old thread but the choices OP posted last year still reputable shops to get body work done?
Posted via RS Mobile

El Bastardo 10-25-2011 08:41 PM

I just had my car done at Rich City in Richmond, the Bridgeport location. I'm very satisfied with their paint match and blend as well as their metal work. I didn't have a problem but I guess DarkVerses saw a different side of the shop than I did

Nismo 1234 10-26-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 (Post 7626926)
BWent to twinstar collision, nice guys and did great work.
Posted via RS Mobile

twinstar collision are very nice guys!! i know them personally. But they dont like to do aftermarket stuff and focuses on OEM parts.

they are crazy busy with icbc claims recently. so i took my car to AK.

ill give an update on their work. but so far, my side skirts fit perfect. dono about the paint yet

6insomnia9 10-26-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nismo 1234 (Post 7630266)
twinstar collision are very nice guys!! i know them personally. But they dont like to do aftermarket stuff and focuses on OEM parts.

they are crazy busy with icbc claims recently. so i took my car to AK.

ill give an update on their work. but so far, my side skirts fit perfect. dono about the paint yet

Yep , I was just searching around for some good shops and stumpled on them and decided to get a quote, very honest guys and the service is great.

My car was back to showroom condition when they were done with it

Very professional.
Posted via RS Mobile

SB7 09-15-2014 10:54 AM

Bumping this thread to see if there are any good shops that have not been mentioned yet :D

etodac 09-16-2014 09:03 PM

ICBC claim for a front bumper scratch. Any updated recommendations for body shops, with preferrably nice courtesy cars?

knight604 09-16-2014 09:57 PM

twin star colision

tomatogunk 09-17-2014 04:44 PM

bd auto

Cman333 09-18-2014 04:37 PM

From my experience

For ICBC Claims:
AK Autoworks
No.1 Collision
Fastrack Autobody
Automind

If paying for it yourself:
Herberts Autobody
Fusion Autobody

Although my last few claims I've brought to Herberts Autobody. Good guys there. Will always try to get it right for you. Not a big budget huge shop, just hardworking car enthusiasts. Helps me fix up alot of other bodyshops poor blending.