REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #1901
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
I was hoping the governor would stumble across Morgan after he slaughters his own people, then gets killed by Morgan.

Anyways, remember the first time the governor and his men went and attacked the prison released the walkers? There was a mask man driving the van with the walkers. Was that Milton as well? I thought Milton was scared of the walkers, how did he manage to pull that off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
I forgot about that! I thought it would have been revealed who that was.
I don't think it was Milton. The body shape of the driver looked female. Might of been Karen.
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #1902
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
The alternate death scene for Andrea seems like it would have been a much better choice... Andrea doesnt free herself and gets eaten

if you want to skip most of the interviews skip to the 4min mark
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #1903
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Is Downton Abbey worth watching? I can't bring myself to start watching even though I have the first season downloaded.

Mad Men is just five seasons of solid viewing. Some episodes like "Shut The Door and Have a Seat" (I think...S3 finale) are as exciting as an action show.

Honestly, it took me a while to get into it. It starts of super slow and wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea. But 3 or 4 episodes in, I got really hooked. It's probably one of the best television shows I've ever seen after seeing all 3 seasons of it so far. Problem is, you'd have to invest in a bunch of hours and episodes before you realize why.

(Definitely agree with everything you said about MM though! )
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #1904
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
isn't downton abbey just a british soap opera set back in the day?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #1905
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_noise View Post
i think we now know why the director quit after shooting the first two season
Pretty much exactly why. AMC is a notorious cheapskate network and Darabont felt like budget cuts would prevent the story from being told the way it should...and he was right.

THIS FIGHT WILL GO DOWN TO THE LAST MAN.

KILLS HIS OWN PEOPLE, LEAVES WITHOUT KILLING ANY OF RICK'S GROUP

#governorlogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y View Post
Honestly, it took me a while to get into it. It starts of super slow and wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea. But 3 or 4 episodes in, I got really hooked. It's probably one of the best television shows I've ever seen after seeing all 3 seasons of it so far. Problem is, you'd have to invest in a bunch of hours and episodes before you realize why.

(Definitely agree with everything you said about MM though! )
The reason I ask is because I absolutely LOVE Mad Men so I know I enjoy slow burn dramas that are more about the story than the action so I thought I could get into Downton Abbey. Many, many years of watching British TV has gotten me used to the English accent and slang so I doubt I'd have a problem understanding what's going on.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #1906
...in the world.

I should also note that everyone expecting the helmet guy in black to be revealed, don't be so sure. Kirkman has no problem with loose ends and unresolved plot points because he says that's how it works in real life. You don't always know all the details.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #1907
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
I thought it was pretty clear that the person was just a random woodbury person who was all covered up because she knew she would be taking bullets when she gets out of the truck. That's all.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #1908
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
isn't downton abbey just a british soap opera set back in the day?
Hmm not really a soap opera. It's closer to what The Tudors (or even Mad Men) would be, except set in the early English 1900's.

Quote:
The reason I ask is because I absolutely LOVE Mad Men so I know I enjoy slow burn dramas that are more about the story than the action so I thought I could get into Downton Abbey. Many, many years of watching British TV has gotten me used to the English accent and slang so I doubt I'd have a problem understanding what's going on.
Likewise!
In that case, I'd say it's def worth a shot. Reaching the end of season 1 is really rewarding (you'll understand what I mean) with its cliffhanger leading to season 2. Pretty much on par with Mad Men as a slow-burn drama (MM just narrowly takes the cake for me though), and probably the best of British TV (dare I say, even better than Sherlock).
____

Haha okay sorry to invade the thread of TWD talking of Downton Abbey (don't think there's D.A. thread anyway). Although maybe I'm not. The bitter aftertaste from that season finale still lingers after all. LOL
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #1909
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
A few things that make no sense about ‘The Walking Dead’ : theCHIVE
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #1910
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
nice

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #1911
I'll be good I promise.

Thanked 1,551 Times in 329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
nice
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #1912
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
some of these are really really stupid.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #1913
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts

Yeah and?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #1914
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #1915
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts

he's alive
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #1916
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
^kinda awesome yet awkward as well

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #1917
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #1918
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
my lol was not that it would work or not, but the pic just looks funny walking around with a big flashlight stuck to the end. i was actually meaning to google to see if it work work or not, saved me time thx

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #1919
...in the world.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #1920
Need my Daily Fix of RS

is anyone glad that Andrea is gone? like she had so many chances to kill the governor and save so many lives but she doesn't
JShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #1921
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
The Walking Dead: Hidden Messages In Opening Credits | Walking Dead Pictures

Are you ready for the latest Walking Dead conspiracy theory? There’s a rumor going around that the producers of The Walking Dead might have done a little foreshadowing and included hidden messages in the credits for season three of The Walking Dead.

For instance, Andrew Lincoln’s name appears next to Rick Grimes’ badge, lying in the dirt. Could the way the badge is on the ground be symbolizing Rick’s moral struggles during season three? Rick passed by the hiker on the way to his hometown and he was going to turn Michonne over to The Governor, before finally having a change of heart and taking in the Woodbury refugees in the finale.

Ok, so maybe that explanation sounds like a stretch, but some of the other images next to names in the credits offer even more compelling stories. For example, Sarah Wayne Callies’ and Laurie Holden’s names appear next to two shell casings. Of course, they both died by a bullet to the head in order to avoid transforming into walkers. Could the shell casings have been foreshadowing their deaths by bullet?

Norman Reedus’ name appears next to two arrows in the credit. That one is pretty straightforward as Daryl is known for using a crossbow as his weapon of choice. Daryl also got a new crossbow during season three. The fact that there are two arrows could also symbolize Daryl reuniting with his brother Merle.

Steven Yeun’s name appears next to a pocket watch. Of course, Hershel gave Glenn a pocket watch, and one of the plot lines in season three revolved around how the pocket watch helped Glenn to realize he should ask Maggie to marry him.

Lori and Andrea died by bullet before turning into walkers, and the actresses who played them had their names appear next to shell casings in the credits. Merle wasn’t as lucky as Lori and Andrea, as he turned full walker after getting shot in the chest by The Governor. So what does Michael Rooker’s name appear next to? Would you believe a close-up of a walker’s eye?

Now, this one is just kind of funny. One of the biggest Walking Dead memes revolves around Carl staying in the house. So what does Chandler Riggs’ name appear on top of in the credits? Yes, you got it, a house!

Seven cast member names matched up pretty well with seven credit images that seem to relate to their characters. However, these last three we’re kind of stumped on. Lauren Cohan’s name appears next to a graveyard, Danai Gurira’s name appears near light shining through from under a door, and David Morrissey’s name appears between a couple tattered window curtains. Of course, the graves could symbolize that Maggie (Lauren Cohan) was with Lori as she was dying, and the light under the door could symbolize that Michonne (Danai Gurira) was behind a door with Andrea, when Andrea shot herself. As far as David Morrissey (The Governor), we’re at a complete loss as to what his credit image might have related to.

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #1922
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
^ If those things were infact true and placed there by the producers, do you think they googled every day waiting to see if someone would figure it out? Do you think one of the forum posts/articles/blogs/etc that first mentioned it were at the direction of the producers?

I dont think I could keep that kind of thing a secret if I was a producer, Id be very impatient waiting to see if anyone figured it out lol.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #1923
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Finally got around tonight to watching the season finale. I'm used to the Who Shot JR style cliff hangers that makes you count down the days until the next season starts and I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't one. What this ending felt like was when the producers of a show is uncertain if it's going to return the following season, so they kinda tie up a bunch of loose ends (Merle and Andrea both "seeing the light" and dying in just ways, Rick finally coming to grips with Lori's death and allowing strangers into his protection, etc) while leaving just enough loose ends (the Governor and his two henchmen disappearing into the darkness) that they have a good plot point to start from should the show get renewed.

To be honest, with the issue they've been having behind the scenes with writers and producers, I'm almost leaning to the last half of the season being written in such a manner because of that.

I know we all wanted an epic gun battle between the two groups but when it comes down to it, I don't think either group actually wanted to do battle with one another. That's why the Governer's group ended up running away as soon as Rick's group opened fire. And I get the feeling that Glen and Maggie weren't actually aiming to kill... just scare them away.

Anyway, just my opinion. I wouldnt' say it was a great season finale, but I don't feel it was as bad as many of you are making it out to be.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #1924
...in the world.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #1925
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Got him to sign my McFarlane on Saturday. Seemed like a cool guy.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote