REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,801 Times in 3,898 Posts
AMC is offcially my favourite cable network. I haven't seen such a good premiere since Lost.
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

All I can say is WOW that was a pretty intense first episode.
westcoastgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #28
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

this show is added to my favourites

dexter
breaking bad
walking dead

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2010, 04:52 AM   #29
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
It was pretty damned good
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:10 AM   #30
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Did NOT disappoint.

Pretty good shit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:45 AM   #31

the states really should sell the box set for the series when a show starts for people who dont want to wait week after week :/
Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^not sure if you're serious. Tv networks need advertisers, they need something people will watch inbetween ads, so that's never gonna happen.
Posted via RS Mobile
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #33
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
were can i watch full episodes of this i only saw bits n pieces of it =[
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #34
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,339 Times in 969 Posts
it's the first season, they had to make it really long so people don't change channels so i guess the advertisers didn't get a chance to cut in every 10 mins. but regardless, it kicked off to a good start, the comics are so so so good too. with 79 eposides (based from the comic), it'll be on a good run for 8 years?
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #35

^^^ there were commercials like every 5mins that lasted 5mins -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconNbread View Post
^not sure if you're serious. Tv networks need advertisers, they need something people will watch inbetween ads, so that's never gonna happen.
Posted via RS Mobile
obviously... but like how some movies are available to rent (for a premium) that are headed to the theatres or are currently shown in cinemas you would think something like that would be offered (hell id pay 10$ an episode to ppv the season ahead of time)
Old 11-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #36

i posted this somewhere else, but did anyone find it unrealistic for our protagonist and the black family to be walking so calmly outside? They did not seem alarmed/guarded at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
hell id pay 10$ an episode to ppv the season ahead of time
you're in the minority. and not as many would watch the one airing because it would just be all leaked online.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #37
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
I was mighty impressed with the first show. Gotta love PVR so I won't forget about the next time it's on
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i posted this somewhere else, but did anyone find it unrealistic for our protagonist and the black family to be walking so calmly outside? They did not seem alarmed/guarded at all.

For the black family, they seem to be hardened by the whole outbreak. They've been surviving and surviving well for quite sometime, so I think that can justify why they're so calm and unalarmed. Plus,
Spoiler!

As for the protagonist, he's a cop. Most cops are supposed to be brave in general, I suppose. But I would also say that the main reason he's keeping his cool most of the time is his love and determination towards finding his wife and son. Anybody put in his situation would do pretty much anything no matter what to save his family (though I would realistically be shitting bricks on every zombie I encounter).

Either that, or just accept all of it with the suspension of disbelief. After all, it is just fictional, scripted television right?
Quote:
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
Old 11-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #39
In RS I Trust

my question is how long was he in the hospital for after the zombie outbreak? That's one thing I was wondering.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
my question is how long was he in the hospital for after the zombie outbreak? That's one thing I was wondering.
I remember reading somewhere that he was in a coma for a month. But I'm not sure how long he was alone and when the zombie outbreak started during that month-long coma
Quote:
Old 11-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #41

Quote:
think the black father mentioned the wife died a month ago..so i'm guessing 6 to 8 weeks?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #42
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

So dissapointed I missed it because I was handing out candy and shit. Anyone know if it's on youtube yet? I want to see it so badly.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #43
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedroom Eyes View Post
So dissapointed I missed it because I was handing out candy and shit. Anyone know if it's on youtube yet? I want to see it so badly.
Rules say no posting direct episodes and such..
But if you google The Walking Dead. A few stream sites will pop up..
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #44
RS controls my life!

Great show, every zombie loving movie watcher has got to catch this series.
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #45

He wasn't in the hospital 6-8 weeks, it was probably more like 3-4 weeks, seeing as his IV bad had dried out, it wasn't a short stay at all, but not long enough for his leg muscles to start dying, as he got up fairly easily.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
obviously... but like how some movies are available to rent (for a premium) that are headed to the theatres or are currently shown in cinemas you would think something like that would be offered (hell id pay 10$ an episode to ppv the season ahead of time)
WTF, what movies are shown ahead of their theatre release dates!?! I have no idea what you're talking about with this. Why would you pay $10 an ep when you can watch for free. Why would AMC release the episode ahead of time? People would download it, and not watch, thus pissing off advertisers. All their money comes from advertising, and after that DVD sales. AMC needs to get ratings, and that's not gonna happen by spamming their brand new tv show everywhere.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #47
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts

wow andrew lincoln, the guy who plays the cop, has a english accent haha.... really does his role well
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #48
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Good show! When I found out about this I was so surprised, what a good idea!
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #49
In RS I Trust

Ever since I saw the movie 28 days later (I think it is) when the guy in the hospital bed wakes up I always wanted them to make a tv show like this. For sure I'm a big fan of zombie movies but this show it going to have more of a story like rather then the kill zombies and get to a location kinda deal.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #50

Quote:
yeah me too couldnt have been long though or he'd be dead from dehydration (those IVs dont last long) I thought he would have asked for a date during the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconNbread View Post
WTF, what movies are shown ahead of their theatre release dates!?! I have no idea what you're talking about with this. Why would you pay $10 an ep when you can watch for free. Why would AMC release the episode ahead of time? People would download it, and not watch, thus pissing off advertisers. All their money comes from advertising, and after that DVD sales. AMC needs to get ratings, and that's not gonna happen by spamming their brand new tv show everywhere.
A few have gone through PPV first (mainly in the states under service providers like dishnetwork/directtv)

uhm the one that comes to mind first is 'Flawless' with Michael Caine and Demi Moore (This was back in 2007!!)

Monsters the latest movie was available for a pre-theatrical on-demand rental as well

there were a couple others can't recall their names its the movie industries attempt at catching the market for those who would rather stay@home (its actually a method that movie industries are considering more.) What they're also pushing now is on-demand theatrical rentals 30days after they've hit theatres; google it.

why would i pay to watch an ep instead for free..... that's exactly the point i was making (for those who'd want to watch the show earlier instead of waiting week after week and thus charging a premium) it's the same reason why networks are renting out episodes after they've aired for $1.99 why? when you can watch the rerun online or on tv or download it for free? there's a market for everything

as for the issue of pirating... we've seen the pilot episode of walking dead available ahead of time too.. (ur giving too much credit to what portion piracy takes just like the riaa)

obviously your concerns and points are valid that's why studios are treading slowly with it but its still something they've attempted doing and are doing/considering still; but to try and push it off as some sort of crazy rambling that i'm alone in is a little ridiculous on your part (just because you're ignorant to what's going on and are too lazy to google it; doesn't make the other guy, me, the silly one)

Last edited by StylinRed; 11-03-2010 at 08:29 PM.