REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Hockey Stick Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624112-hockey-stick-thread.html)

JayDaMan 09-27-2010 07:53 PM

i like the Bauer Vapor X-Rival solid stick.

Leopold Stotch 09-27-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 7122690)
They only make OPS.

No choice in kick points. Stick feels like it's a mid-kick.

Weight, I haven't put it on a scale or anything but it feels a tad heavier than my Dolomites and ONE95. BASE also offers a slightly heavier stick (thicker shaft walls) so it's kind of like their version of the Easton ST.

There's only one graphics package.

I think it'll depend on what type of player you are. The Savoy Special has a softer blade and makes it more ideal for passing but I like the 'pop' feeling I get from stiffer blades like the Dolomite. I pass more than I shoot so I'm sticking with the Savoy for now.

hmm, sounds interesting,

is there a fee to get tested? i'm not sure if i'm too interested, but i'm definitely open to new things.

hiGh_RollA 09-28-2010 12:47 AM

whats some good sticks for roller hockey?

Spidey 09-28-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiGh_RollA (Post 7123223)
whats some good sticks for roller hockey?

imo, anything you are willing to replace often.. so a good 2 piece stick...and for roller you would generally use a stiffer stick than you would on ice.. thre is so much more friction when shooting that itll flex your stick a lot more.. for me at least.. i use an 85ish on ice.. i use 100 for roller

mickz 09-28-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch (Post 7122779)
hmm, sounds interesting,

is there a fee to get tested? i'm not sure if i'm too interested, but i'm definitely open to new things.

$50 for fitting.

Leopold Stotch 10-02-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 7123608)
$50 for fitting.

thanks!

maybe i'l wait for my dolomite to break.

RiceIntegraRS 10-21-2010 06:47 PM

maybe all u hockey guys can help me out. im looking for some shooting targets for accuracy shooting like the ones they have in the NHL accuracy shooting competition but foam or something else.

anywhere locally i can find theses?

!Nhan 10-21-2010 08:12 PM

Kinda off maybe on topic, but what do you guys use as a floor board for when practicing shots off ice?

TheSalesman 10-21-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS (Post 7154933)
maybe all u hockey guys can help me out. im looking for some shooting targets for accuracy shooting like the ones they have in the NHL accuracy shooting competition but foam or something else.

buy a shooter tutor.

TheSalesman 10-21-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Nhan (Post 7155037)
Kinda off maybe on topic, but what do you guys use as a floor board for when practicing shots off ice?

ehhhh...why not just practice on ice? I'v never practiced shooting off ice before. If you want to improve on shooting on ice...then practice on ice.
You don't want to stand in 1 spot shooting. Maybe try skating into a shot or shooting on the fly or whatever. Go to a stick and puck and practice.

6thGear. 10-21-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Nhan (Post 7155037)

You can buy a sheet of synthetic ice...i dunno exactly what it's made of...plastic and something. I got mine at sport chek, although I don't use it enough..I may return it.

mickz 10-21-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS (Post 7154933)

They have the foam ones at Cambodian Tire but honestly if you have to be walking up to the net and putting them back every couple of shots you're not going to bother anymore. Like somebody else has said, buy a shooter tutor instead.

A poor man's solution would be using some plastic 4L milk jugs and rope as targets.

m3thods 10-21-2010 10:18 PM

if you don't want to shell for that, then just pick up a large section of laminate flooring or linoleum (maybe a 3x3 sheet). if it's very thin, just put some plywood underneath so it doesn't smack against the underlying ground, especially if it's bumpy.

Spidey 10-21-2010 10:44 PM

just practice shooting on a net... i mean, cant you visually see if you hit top left corner or not? why do you need something that tells you you hit it.. it isnt like you're using a barrett with a thermal scope, and slight of hands pro!

btw, i sold my x60 i used 3 times... couldn't get used to the lively pinginess of the blade.. back to the one95 i go... unless canada gets the new GIONTA retail for warrior... sexy toe curve!

RiceIntegraRS 10-21-2010 11:21 PM

Oh i just wanted to setup a skills competition thing with my team. I wanted to do Puck Control, Hardest Shot, Fastest Skater, and Shooting Accuracy. All i need are the Shooting Targets

Spidey 10-22-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS (Post 7155325)
Oh i just wanted to setup a skills competition thing with my team. I wanted to do Puck Control, Hardest Shot, Fastest Skater, and Shooting Accuracy. All i need are the Shooting Targets

cool. just get the foam things from ct then.

Spidey 10-23-2010 04:10 PM

ahhh just got a pro stock one95 in p88 and 87 flex! i swear the one95 flex ratings are softer than they really are.. feels like an 80.. there was a conroy one95 that was rated 82 and that felt stiffer than the 87.. the conroy had a HUGE curve.. i think it is an OVI pro stock repplica.. was gonna try that out but didnt wanna risk hating it.. ended up with my old love of the p88 that i had in the summer before i smashed it on the boards... best stick ive used to date

mickz 10-23-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 7157369)
ahhh just got a pro stock one95 in p88 and 87 flex! i swear the one95 flex ratings are softer than they really are.. feels like an 80.. there was a conroy one95 that was rated 82 and that felt stiffer than the 87.. the conroy had a HUGE curve.. i think it is an OVI pro stock repplica.. was gonna try that out but didnt wanna risk hating it.. ended up with my old love of the p88 that i had in the summer before i smashed it on the boards... best stick ive used to date

Most of the stick companies allow too much of a variance when it comes to testing flex consistency. When you're picking up a stick marked '100 flex' it could be anywhere between 90 and 110.

The big 'players' in the stick market don't really care when they get batches of sticks sent back to them (aka pro returns) because there's always the Hockey Monkeys of the world that will gladly buy them.

If you're real picky about flex consistency between sticks, BASE is the only brand that is extremely strict in this department.

Spidey 10-23-2010 11:36 PM

im not that crazy picky.. i just usually flex it and go by feel.. i generally can use anything from 85-100.. but hte one95 i just love... i hope the one100 stick is basically the one95 renamed.. because it would be a shame if they totally d/c the one95. i dont think i will ever try the totalone unless i got it for super cheap.. it seems like a one95 with the x60 blade.. and i hated the x60 blade.

mickz 10-23-2010 11:52 PM

I love the ONE95 as well. I like how crisp everything feels with that blade and the stick overall is very well balanced.

I had a chat with Ron Kunisaki (Founder of Innovative Hockey) and he says the Total ONE stick is just a repainted X:60. The original Bauer Vapor XX and XXX sticks were OEM'd by Innovative so I'm not surprised he's still in the know.

The ONE100 skates released this year are pretty much the same as the ONE95s so I'm not surprised at the possibility of Bauer repainting their sticks.

skiiipi 10-24-2010 10:58 PM

One100 stick no longer uses Monocomp technology (true one piece), so it is not the same as a one95. The Total One would be the cloest thing to the old One95, but yes with an updated blade + updated grip profile on the shaft.
The new RBK 11K will be an interesting one to try. The sickick 3 technology uses two different weaves of carbon fiber, a loose weave on the backside and a tight weave on the inside, this is suppose to provide more "snap" upon release of a shot, in addition the balance of the 11K stick is very nice, and at $269.99, its not horriably over-priced.
Posted via RS Mobile

mickz 10-24-2010 11:24 PM

When has RBK ever made a good stick?

Spidey 10-25-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7159014)
One100 stick no longer uses Monocomp technology (true one piece), so it is not the same as a one95. The Total One would be the cloest thing to the old One95, but yes with an updated blade + updated grip profile on the shaft.
The new RBK 11K will be an interesting one to try. The sickick 3 technology uses two different weaves of carbon fiber, a loose weave on the backside and a tight weave on the inside, this is suppose to provide more "snap" upon release of a shot, in addition the balance of the 11K stick is very nice, and at $269.99, its not horriably over-priced.
Posted via RS Mobile

mickz said the totalone, not one100.. totalone to me, looks exactly like a one95 shaft fused with an x60 blade, which i don't like because i hate teh x60 blade.. the on95 blade is probably one of the great things about the one95, it is almost like a wood feel blade, but the performance of composite.

i hope the one100 is similar to the one95... or else i am going to stock up as much as i can with the one95s from sports exchange.

i didnt know the one95 used monocomp.. then again i havent used a retail stick in forever, and all the prostocks dont have the consumer sucking r+d tags all over them..
as for the one100 skates, it doesnt take a genius to figure out it is a repainted version of the one95.

skiiipi 10-25-2010 06:42 AM

the only difference on the one100 skate is the use of a 52oz felt tongue. other than that it is exactly the same

one100 is noticeably different in terms of kick point/balance from the one95 due to the fact that it is not mono comp, you can feel the fuse point of the blade/shaft.

Spidey 10-25-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7159287)
the only difference on the one100 skate is the use of a 52oz felt tongue. other than that it is exactly the same

one100 is noticeably different in terms of kick point/balance from the one95 due to the fact that it is not mono comp, you can feel the fuse point of the blade/shaft.

interesting.. it is always odd to me how the new years 2nd highest line is never the same as last years top end line... i mean, you would think that the totalone, being new is their top line, but even with the one100 being the second highest, wouldn't it be cheaper for production if they kept making the one95 but just repaint it as one100? i guess with the totalone being priced as 269, and the one95 priced at 259(roughly), there really isn't any point having a second best stick being only a couple bucks cheaper.. the one100 is significantly cheaper than the totalone....

for this reason, i think companies like warrior, may be liked by people better in terms of consistency.. their dolomite has been around since day 1.. the only changes have been the spyne and diff blade technologies, but for the most part, new models have been worked around the dolomite.