REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #26
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ i thought your keys are not allowed to be in the ignition, if you are using your phone?
Advertisement
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #27
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
^ i thought your keys are not allowed to be in the ignition, if you are using your phone?
what if you're parked and needed to start the engine so you can charge your cell phone?
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #28
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
the cop has gotta be an asshole if your parked to the side and stills gives u a ticket/warning.

but really
what the hell is the difference between talkin on the phone while driving and doin makeup in the car while drivin..or holding onto a hot cup of coffee

retarded
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2010, 03:13 AM   #29
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmeister View Post
what if you're parked and needed to start the engine so you can charge your cell phone?
you dont need to start the engine, you can put it on acc. and you can use the outlet.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:02 AM   #30
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Definitions
214.1 In this Part:

"electronic device" means

(a) a hand-held cellular telephone or another hand-held electronic device that includes a telephone function,

(b) a hand-held electronic device that is capable of transmitting or receiving electronic mail or other text-based messages, or

(c) a prescribed class or type of electronic device;

"use", in relation to an electronic device, means one or more of the following actions:

(a) holding the device in a position in which it may be used;

(b) operating one or more of the device’s functions;

(c) communicating orally by means of the device with another person or another device;

(d) taking another action that is set out in the regulations by means of, with or in relation to an electronic device.

Prohibition against use of electronic device while driving
214.2 (1) A person must not use an electronic device while driving or operating a motor vehicle on a highway.

(2) Without limiting subsection (1), a person must not communicate by means of an electronic device with another person or another device by electronic mail or other text-based message.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #31
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Definitions
214.1 In this Part:

(a) a hand-held cellular telephone or another hand-held electronic device that includes a telephone function,

(b) a hand-held electronic device that is capable of transmitting or receiving electronic mail or other text-based messages, or

"use", in relation to an electronic device, means one or more of the following actions:

(c) communicating orally by means of the device with another person or another device;

(d) taking another action that is set out in the regulations by means of, with or in relation to an electronic device.

214.2 (1) A person must not use an electronic device while driving or operating a motor vehicle on a highway.

(2) Without limiting subsection (1), a person must not communicate by means of an electronic device with another person or another device by electronic mail or other text-based message.
I think this one
Quote:
Is the one that screwed the OP over, holding it to press end key could just as easily be texting especially from a couple meters away IMO
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #32
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
I saw a cop talking on his cell the other day while driving...
Posted via RS Mobile
They'll claim that they are trained to use a electronic device and drive.

Really? Failing me? Go google up why they are exempt, you see them using the cruiser computers all the time, thats way worst then a cell phone.

Last edited by bloodmack; 09-07-2010 at 12:10 PM.
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #33
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Definitions
214.1 In this Part:

For a second part C confused me, until I re-read the "hand-held" part above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Apparently those like construction ppl or contractors that use two way radio things to communication to HQ, those radios are exempt from the cellphone/electronic law too. Or so I've been told.
Posted via RS Mobile
IIRC, anything that you use has to be fixed and have to be "1-touch," correct? So since a 2 way radio (or at least all the ones I've seen) allow you to communicate with only 1 button, they're fine?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #34
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Actually, a friend of mine was parked in his driveway talking on his cell phone when a cop drove by, pulled behind him and gave him a ticket lol.... He's fighting it of course, but it seemed a little ridiculous to me....

(Unless my friend is lying and was driving home or something and the cop followed him)
Hmm, can you still get a ticket even if you're on your own property?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #35
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Then....buy one of those mount things, or a better bluetooth device so you can leave your phone in your pocket. Or a better solution, don't use your phone while you drive.
I have a Blue Ant S1, which is a bluetooth speaker. It keeps both my ears free, which I actually think is safer than having one ear plugged with an ear mounted one. It's one touch answer/end. The only time I pick up my phone is to look at who's calling, and that takes about as much time as looking down at the screen in my car when I want to see what the temperature is set at, and it's a hell of a lot quicker than looking at what radio station I'm wanting to change to.

Now tell me again why I need to mount my cellphone to the dash?
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #36
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Cause even picking up your phone to look at it is apparently illegal. You can't prove you were just looking at the screen, you could have just fired off a text msg or email.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #37
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

newest thing to hit the streets! now go get one.
(")_(")
wobuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: