REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #151
Banned (ABWS)

i have bose ie2 headphones, they got pretty good bass and good quality. DONT even think of getting dre beats earphones or headphones... you could get much better quality from sennheiser 400-600 models. Dre beats isnt even studio quality, they just look nice. if you like music a lot like me, then get yourself some jh audio headphones such as the JH 13's or JH 16's.. BEST EARPHONES ON THE EARTH best noise cancelling and owns dre pro headphones by like x100!
Advertisement
Lawzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #152
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff19 View Post
^ yeah it's really tough knowing which headphones are good when most stores only carry the same kinds of demoes. And everyone has their own personal preferences too, some headphones that ppl love may not be your liking, and vice versa. Your best bet is to buy them from a store that has a a cash-return policy (like FS/BB's 14 day return policy). If you dont like it just return it.
Check out Commercial Electronics on Burrard, HeadphoneBar on Broadway, or HiFi Centre (downtown somewhere) if you want to demo headphones.

HeadphoneBar is the most open, low-pressure place of the three I mentioned. You can even bring your own headphones (or even amps) into the store to compare against shelf models.

Commercial Electronics has a helpful staff. I've spent hours in there just sitting in a chair listening to headphones.

HiFi Centre, from what I've heard, is pretty upscale and pricey, but I've never been there so I can't comment on the service.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2011, 12:05 AM   #153
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawzzz View Post
i have bose ie2 headphones, they got pretty good bass and good quality. DONT even think of getting dre beats earphones or headphones... you could get much better quality from sennheiser 400-600 models. Dre beats isnt even studio quality, they just look nice. if you like music a lot like me, then get yourself some jh audio headphones such as the JH 13's or JH 16's.. BEST EARPHONES ON THE EARTH best noise cancelling and owns dre pro headphones by like x100!
there's some sennheiser 400 for sale on ebay for $14, top rated seller too..should i trust them that it's legit cx400?? sounds too good to be true
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportXxX View Post
there's some sennheiser 400 for sale on ebay for $14, top rated seller too..should i trust them that it's legit cx400?? sounds too good to be true
got the same thing from amazon for 15ish. do not get them! they're tinny as hell

i ended up spending 90 for a pair of a-jays four, sounds great and has full iDevice access too
SchoolGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #155
My homepage has been set to RS

Update: bought the qc15's had them for a week or so and just couldn't get over how the sq & a-nc were worth 3 bills. Returned them and finally decided to try a "real headphone". Just so happend the Shure SRH750s were on sale for $130 at best buy so decided to pick one up.

Lemme just say, I will never spend my money on another overhyped overmarketed pair of headphones. At half the price, the Shures completely blow away any of the headphones ive ever tried. I'm no audiophile myself, but the mids are extremely rich, bass has a perfect amount of tightness and punch to them, separation of instruments are out of this world. Pretty much any genre ive thrown at it has been amazing. Even if the bose/beats were $100, i don't think their sq would even come close to any "pro/dj" headphones. I now know why the audiophiles (head-fi) hate on beats/bose so much now. They are truly overpriced lol.

That being said, I'm still deciding on returning the Shures due to comfortability and lack of portability, which is gonna be hard cuz the sound quality is just NUTS. I'll be looking into real audio brands from now on once you've listened to music from real headphones, u wont go back. Don't fall for marketing hype!!

Last edited by jeff19; 03-11-2011 at 09:47 PM.
jeff19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #156
Banned (ABWS)

Where can I get good $100-150 cans locally in Vancouver/Burnaby? Got a feeling my beats aren't going to hold for very long.
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #157

would suggest beats by dre. Noise cancellation is great but bose earphones/headphones are also good.
taylorrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #158
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Grado, that is all.
_Hotsauce_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #159
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,472 Times in 997 Posts
^grado makes noise cancelling headphones?
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #160
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
bump

i'm looking for some decent headphones i can use to study with in not so quiet environments

#1 priority - noise isolation
#2 priority - comfort
#3 priority - price
#4 priority - sound quality

budget <$200
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #161
ddr
Snapping away

The Best Noise-Canceling Headphones
something to research further on maybe on head-fi
Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #162
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
this one seems to be pretty interesting

Audio-Technica - Microphones, headphones, wireless microphone systems, noise-cancelling headphones & more : ATH-ANC7b : QuietPoint® Active Noise-cancelling Headphones

Last edited by kevin7352; 09-21-2012 at 12:04 PM.
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #163
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
So my last pair of inears have broke and this thread is quite outdated. What do you guys reccomend for a budget of around $125 or less. Something durable would be nice.
Posted via RS Mobile
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote