REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #26
Hyde's Understudy

i can ask directly at ICBC for you, but before I do that, can you elaborate?

Why was your dad's car towed at a LEGAL parking spot? 11pm means theres no need to pay the meter, so why was he towed?
Advertisement
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #27
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
i apologize for bumping an old thread but thought i should just add on and ask rather than making a whole new thread..

my friend got his civic impounded and busters dragged/towed it from behind (because his car was too low) we are assuming this probably did result in some front body lip kit damage.. and possibly drivetrain damage as well due to the fact that it's a fwd?

But we're not fully sure if the damage will be minimal or bad until we pick up the car and check it out ourselves..

My friend himself saw his car being towed from behind because he was present at the time, but busters company is telling him that they have no evidence or proof of his car being towed from behind.

So... What are some of the actions that he can proceed with ONLY IF his front end did in fact get damaged (im not talking about a little scratch here... im talking about cracked bumper, lip kit snapped, something terrible etc.) or is he just stuck with his damaged bumper for the rest of his life since there is no evidence that his car did get towed from behind?

I believe he also has the tow truck drivers name but just dont know if that will have an impact on solving the case

Last edited by jpark; 04-10-2011 at 03:00 PM.
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

you can't beat busters I tried and failed
Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #29
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
dayuumm..
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #30
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
on the towing sheet, it would say how the car was towed and any existing damages the car has prior to towing right?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #31
private modder

Thanked 2,650 Times in 740 Posts
Busters is crooked. In fact, many of the bylaw officers will be the first to admit it.

There is a fire hydrant across the street and I see Busters hook up cars all the time. Just a couple days ago they hooked up a TL from the back wheels and dragged it 6 - 7 while still in gear. Then he dropped it, turned around, hooked it up again from the front, and drove off without disengaging the e-brake.

The problem is worse than you can imagine. Often when drivers tow illegally parked cars, if they damage the car while towing or hooking it up, they'll simply pull over, leave the car on the street, and mark on the paperwork the vehicle was "gone on arrival".

Consider buying an AWD vehicle. They are towed the least because drivers are too lazy to install dollies and would rather tow something easier. If you have AWD and are ticketed for parking illegally, it might be 2 or 3 tow trucks that drive past before one decides to tow you.

Bottom line: If you have a nice car, never ever ever ever park anywhere where you think you might even have 1% chance of being ticketed and towed. That's the best advice you can take.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #32
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,454 Times in 987 Posts
when they tow a car, they record the damages on the car on a little diagram.
they usually circle every side of the car to indicate there was previous damage, even if the car has none. fuckin lowlifes.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #33
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Same with mine. Circled there was damage under the engine bay of my car. Obviously thats where they towed it, and where they circled it and I know I can't have damaged that part since my car is stock and its pretty hard to scrape the bottom front.

I'd rather really waste some more time to find a better spot, than to risk it being towed even if I'm not sure I'm safe.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #34
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I was gonna make a thread on this, but I see that we have one still going.

Thanks to some ambiguous signs downtown (No parking from here to here, except after 9pm on weekends, unless its rainy and the moon is half full) I was towed.

When I got my car and looked at the sheet they gave me I asked him about the damage they said I had. I told him that I had cleaned my car earlier that day and was certain there was no such damage. He scoffed. He obviously hears it all the time and has become indifferent to it.

When I saw the damage in the light its not that bad, but I know that it was caused by the tow truck. I'm just pissed off that I'm completely helpless in the face of Busters here.

Yeah, I know I should own a "Vancouver City Street Sign to English" dictionary for situations like the one I found myself in.. but I believe the parking ticket and the towing cost is enough punishment. I don't think I should have to deal with vehicle damage as well
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #35
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Im hoping busters doesn't pull this kind of shit
forward to 1:44
Old 04-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #36
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Learn to park at spots where u dont get towed
Their just doing their jobs like everyone else
deaner999 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #37
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

^^ thats not doing their job properly... their job is to tow, not damage and tow...
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #38
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Priests and Scout Masters work with children. They have a very specific task. They interact with them for a very specific reason and for a limited time only.

Their job is NOT to molest the children.

While there are literally millions of good priests and scout masters in the world, who are excellent at their jobs, sadly a few rotten apples spoil the bunch and give scout masters and priests the reputation for being rabid, sexual deviants.

Tow truck drivers, by in large, are like priests/scout masters. And your cars are your children. I think most of us are wary about trusting our children with people we don't know, but acknowledge that these people are professionals and likely know what they're doing.

Sadly, Buster's Towing is the child molesting minority. Where most tow companies act like professionals, Buster's drivers cruise the streets of Vancouver with their pants around their ankles waiting to strike. Pools of drool puddle on their shirts as sick, perverse fantasies race through their heads. And when they step out of their trucks to hook your vehicle up from the C-pillar to the back of their trucks, wads of crusty tissue spill into the streets.

Fuck you, Buster's Towing. You sick, disgusting, depraved, figurative child molesters.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thing is, I never learned about signs that Vancouver has or whatever. ICBC never had that in the book for L, didn't need it for N, didn't even mention it in Class 5. Trust me, I have seen a passenger zone sign at school beside a no park from 3-6pm and I had no idea what passenger zone meant. Like can I park there outside the limit? In it? or not at all? Like wuuut. Some are pretty obvious, but when they are stacked and contains signs I have never seen before, it's really easy to mistake it for something else and risk getting towed.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #40
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
i apologize for bumping an old thread but thought i should just add on and ask rather than making a whole new thread..

my friend got his civic impounded and busters dragged/towed it from behind (because his car was too low) we are assuming this probably did result in some front body lip kit damage.. and possibly drivetrain damage as well due to the fact that it's a fwd?

But we're not fully sure if the damage will be minimal or bad until we pick up the car and check it out ourselves..

My friend himself saw his car being towed from behind because he was present at the time, but busters company is telling him that they have no evidence or proof of his car being towed from behind.

So... What are some of the actions that he can proceed with ONLY IF his front end did in fact get damaged (im not talking about a little scratch here... im talking about cracked bumper, lip kit snapped, something terrible etc.) or is he just stuck with his damaged bumper for the rest of his life since there is no evidence that his car did get towed from behind?

I believe he also has the tow truck drivers name but just dont know if that will have an impact on solving the case
What do you mean towed from behind? Did they put a dolly under the front wheels or were the front wheels on the ground? Did they tow it all the way to the lot like this, or did they drag it out of a spot before putting dollies on? Is your car an automatic or standard transmission? Did your friend give them the keys so they could take the parking brake off and/or put the transmission in neutral? Or did they tow it without him knowing and he just showed up to see it being towed? These are all questions you need to get answered to determine if there could be any damage.

If it was my car and I suspected damage (like towing an automatic FWD car in reverse without dollies) this is what I'd do: Go to Buster's and tell them you have proof of backwards towing in the form of a cellphone picture. Tell them you fear there is damage to the car. Tell them you are arranging for another tow truck to pick the car up and it's being taken straight to your mechanic for an inspection. Tell them you are going to supervise the towing of your car to make sure nothing gets done by the tow truck you're hiring. Ask them when is the best time to send the truck over. Once you get your car inspected, if there's damage then go after Buster's. If there wasn't any damage, then you lose the $100 or so for the towing charge, but it's a good gamble if you have sufficient reason to suspect damage.

Trust me, a customer towing a perfectly good car straight from their lot is going to raise a few eyebrows. I know from first-hand experience as we advised a customer to do this one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiblue View Post
you can't beat busters I tried and failed
Sorry, not true. I've had customers go after Buster's and get compensated.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

i had similar problem, the fucking driver had the nerve to mark the damage he did as pre exisiting..

complete BS...........
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #42
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I think tow truck drivers are all crooks, never give a shit about cars that they tow, first thing they do is empty your coin tray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #43
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Here's a tip. If you need a tow use someone like BCAA or an independent. Worst ones to use are any companies with contracts to tow illegally parked cars.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #44
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,454 Times in 987 Posts
i found that tow companies are good as long as you're a paying customer.
if they're just towing your car for the city without you there, then they will fuck you up
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

city or police..

even if you are there they still fuck shit up...
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #46
SardaukarMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggdis300 View Post
city or police..

even if you are there they still fuck shit up...
if you're there, then video-tape the whole event on your cellphone just in case. you're in a public place so record away!
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #47
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Yep busters has fucked up alot of peoples cars sounds like the richmond aggresive tow truck company that got exposed. Unless people band together these guys are gonna keep getting away with it.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #48
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post
OP - I've had a healthy experience dealing with Busters.

If all goes bad, file a complaint with this guy, and he would want to get shit off his plate and get Buster's to deal with you right away

Dale Finch
President & CEO
Automotive Retailers Association
Burnaby, BC

(604) 432-7987 office
(604) 312-9830 cell
dalefinch@ara.bc.ca

He's the CEO of the ARA, one of the big associations Buster's is in. When I called buster and they wouldn't response, I gave Mr. Finch a call and I got a sorry-ass call from Buster's within 5 minutes.
a posted on the previous page a year ago (somewhere around there)
yeah. call this guy
Old 04-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #49
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post
a posted on the previous page a year ago (somewhere around there)
yeah. call this guy
Yeah call him cause hes no longer the president or ceo of the ARA
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #50
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Fuck the Tow driver up yourself,Problem Solved.

then police will start poking around wondering why the tow driver got beat the fuck up for ruining people's car's...

public in the area?..Ski mask beat down
i know cops roam rs...it's just more fun shit Kicking people who deserve it.

Last edited by Mr.Money; 04-13-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote