REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
Ubereem Mod

Buster's Towing

Over the weekend, Buster's damaged my dad's car and it's undrivable after it got towed. I just finished going to ICBC, and the insuranace policies that Towing companies gets, are plain screwing over normal people.

My dad has to pay a 300$ deductible, and if Buster's said it wasn't their fault. Well then, it comes off my dad's insurance. Just as a "simple NO"
Obviously, there are the adjuster's and ppl that look at the car. But If they say No, even if they get proven wrong...I have to chase back the money for the 1. Towing ticket, 2. 300 Dollar deductable, but icbc or busters covers the rest. And ICBC can't do anything for me regarding the deductable. WTF.

Anyone work for ICBC or has experience dealing with a similiar situation?
That can offer advice?

Thanks for thinking about going to lawyers, who recommends it but that isn't worth it for this situation. The other tow truck driver that towed it to ICBC, said they bent the drive arm? and the wheels are facing outwards, and the cost will be a couple of hundred dollars only.
Advertisement
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

I'm sorry but please retype it
Nssan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

This problem wouldnt occur if ur dad didnt park at an illegal spot. You would have to bring your car to a mechanic and have them prove to ICBC that the damage was caused by busters towing company.

Last edited by 8thcivic; 09-21-2010 at 06:53 PM.
8thcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

they are some crooked motherfuckers, first they damage your car then they put the damage on there "pre tow inspection" so they dont have to pay for anything...

one of the drivers fucked my car's rear frame rails when he tried to get it on the flatbed but the car was too low/long and ended up breaking my rear bumper mount and cracking my bumper shell....
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

is this one of those tow guy doesn't know what the difference between 2wd and 4wd and tows dat sheit anyways?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thcivic View Post
This problem wouldnt occur if ur dad didnt park at an illegal spot.
that is so fucking retarded

someone gets pulled over by a cop for speeding 60km/hr and get harassed and treated like shit. maybe they shouldn't have been speeding?
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #7
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post

someone gets pulled over by a cop for speeding 60km/hr and get harassed and treated like shit. maybe they shouldn't have been speeding?
Err, yes? The absolute most guaranteed way to not get treated like shit by a cop is to not get pulled over in the first place.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post

Obviously they shouldnt be speeding because there is a speed limit for a dam reason. They wouldnt be giving u shit if u werent speeding in the first place. Every problem is preventable. it all comes down to you. your actions determine your future.

Last edited by 8thcivic; 09-22-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

God I hate Busters Towing. Outside of my work, I see a minimum of 3 people get towed from this one spot close to our building.

There is a spot between our driveway and our neighbours which you're not supposed to park in but looks like a perfectly normal parking spot. We don't care if somebody parks there and neither does the owner of the building next to us. I got sick and tired of people getting towed (including our customers) so I stuck an orange cone in that spot. It seems to be doing the trick but the people that walk around giving tickets removed it. I put another cone there and I will continue to do it. I think I'm doing the right thing. People don't get towed and since nobody is supposed to park there, it shouldn't be a problem for the city since they refuse to paint that curb yellow or put a no parking sign.

- Another thing I noticed is that the people that walk around giving tickets ride along as passengers with Busters Towing trucks. I didn't know that went down. Or right after somebody gets a ticket, they make a quick phone call and within 2 minutes, Busters Towing shows up and removes the vehicle.
Sgt_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #10
Banned By Establishment

I had damages after my front end crash, that looked like someone took a baseball bat to my rear wheel well area.. Looks like they just backed it up into another car/wall and didn't care.

Needless to say, I had it fixed during the time my other stuff was getting done, but if i had gone through with it, i'd have to sue separately, and that's fucking annoying.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
the company name sure does represent them well doesn't it?

If the car is not driveable in its current condition then how did the car get there in the first place? Thats what you should ask them.. they didnt tow your car out of a accident scene right?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
This problem wouldnt occur if ur dad didnt park at an illegal spot. You would have to bring your car to a mechanic and have them prove to ICBC that the damage was caused by busters towing company.
Many cities just issue a ticket and leave the car, this city is very aggressive in towing and should be responsible for damage. In some cities that get a lot of snow it is common for tow trucks to move legally parked vehicles for the plows to remove snow. They tow them a few blocks away and you have to call the city to locate your car.

Tow truck drivers do this for a living, they should know better than to damage cars.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #13
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
This problem wouldnt occur if ur dad didnt park at an illegal spot.
Yes, so don't ever drive over 50, not even a kmph okay? Always follow every single line on the road, don't ever get out of the lines. Don't jaywalk even if its' 3am your house is across the street but the walkway is 500metres away. Always walk to the the 4 way stop/light to cross.
You get my point right?

Also, the car was not parked illegally, at a meter stall @ 11pm. Which would indicate, a good parking spot without needing to pay.

RS insta-judgement always crack me up.

Anyways:

Well, so far i've talked to someone that had the same issue with Buster, and from what i gathered, this is going to be an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. The tow truck driver and buster's insurance policies give them a huge advantage over being towed. Even if they admit fault, because you already paid out the deductable, to recover it. You will have to go deal with busters. And it's not easy getting it back, almost impossible.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
Yes, so don't ever drive over 50, not even a kmph okay? Always follow every single line on the road, don't ever get out of the lines. Don't jaywalk even if its' 3am your house is across the street but the walkway is 500metres away. Always walk to the the 4 way stop/light to cross.
You get my point right?
I never said dont do it at all. What im trying to say is there is a consequence if you do. Do it at your own risk.

Quote:
Also, the car was not parked illegally, at a meter stall @ 11pm. Which would indicate, a good parking spot without needing to pay.

RS insta-judgement always crack me up.
Then please be more specific on your original post.

Last edited by 8thcivic; 09-22-2010 at 11:21 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #15
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Koopa View Post
God I hate Busters Towing. Outside of my work, I see a minimum of 3 people get towed from this one spot close to our building.

There is a spot between our driveway and our neighbours which you're not supposed to park in but looks like a perfectly normal parking spot. We don't care if somebody parks there and neither does the owner of the building next to us. I got sick and tired of people getting towed (including our customers) so I stuck an orange cone in that spot. It seems to be doing the trick but the people that walk around giving tickets removed it. I put another cone there and I will continue to do it. I think I'm doing the right thing. People don't get towed and since nobody is supposed to park there, it shouldn't be a problem for the city since they refuse to paint that curb yellow or put a no parking sign.

- Another thing I noticed is that the people that walk around giving tickets ride along as passengers with Busters Towing trucks. I didn't know that went down. Or right after somebody gets a ticket, they make a quick phone call and within 2 minutes, Busters Towing shows up and removes the vehicle.
Get some yellow paint and DIY @ night!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #16
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiblue View Post
I work there, I'm not the business owner. I care but not that much. I've thought about it though. Perhaps when the sun sets around 5ísh.
Sgt_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #17
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I know poeple who have been towed by various companies and had vehicle damages. Tow truck company paid for it 100%. I would demand Buster's pay 100% of the damages. There's no reason that you should need to use your insurance to fix something someone else did (unless its a hit & run and you don't know the other party).

Something tells me you are being a bit of a pushover here. Go to a mechanic and tell them what happened. Then send Buster's a letter saying you will sue if they don't pay 100%. Give them 10 days, and send it registered mail. After 10 days (if they haven't paid) go to small claims court, spend the $100 and file a claim.

I doubt it'll get to court - I bet Buster's is just seeing how far you'll go, and apparently it seems not far at all.
ericthehalfbee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiblue View Post
x2, or make it red to stand out more or blue for the handicap spot!
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #19
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Well, so far i've talked to someone that had the same issue with Buster, and from what i gathered, this is going to be an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. The tow truck driver and buster's insurance policies give them a huge advantage over being towed. Even if they admit fault, because you already paid out the deductable, to recover it. You will have to go deal with busters. And it's not easy getting it back, almost impossible.
That's how it works with all ICBC repairs though. Even if you know you are 100% not-at-fault, if you want to get your car repaired, you have to pay the deductible - which is refunded after the case is settled.

It's a big hassle, and I'm with you - I HATE the tow trucks... but this does seem like it's following the correct procedure. I would definitely recommend going to a private bodyshop first, before going to an adjustor...

What sort of damage was done?
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

no dude, if your not at fault they waive your deductible...

i was rearended once, and the person admited to rearending me icbc waived the deductible, and recently my buddys landlord reversed into my car and icbc waived the deductible again....
Old 09-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Obviously they shouldnt be speeding because there is a speed limit for a dam reason. They wouldnt be giving u shit if u werent speeding in the first place. Every problem is preventable. it all comes down to you. your actions determine your future.

lol....

ignorance at its finest, did you know in asia(and middle east) they don't have toilets like we do here, its a porcelain sink in the ground that you squat over.....
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #22
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Reading the thread title pissed me off, all on it's own.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #23
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggdis300 View Post
no dude, if your not at fault they waive your deductible...

i was rearended once, and the person admited to rearending me icbc waived the deductible, and recently my buddys landlord reversed into my car and icbc waived the deductible again....
you have to pay the deductible unless the case is completely settled. Like - if you report to ICBC that you were rear-ended, they won't waive the deductible until the other person has come forward and admitted to being at fault. You can wait till that happens before you repair the car, or if you want the car repaired quicker, you can pay the deductible, get it repaired, then get the deductible back when the case is settled.

for simple cases, they get settled quickly, but for more complicated cases, especially involving witnesses, etc, it could take a while before you get your deductible back.
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #24
I bringith the lowerballerith

The thing that piss's me off the most about buster's towing is,they have the contract from the city of Vancouver to tow vehicles for them,which is why they can/think they get away with alot of stuff....example,damage vehicles and deny them being at fault.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:10 AM   #25
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
OP - I've had a healthy experience dealing with Busters.

If all goes bad, file a complaint with this guy, and he would want to get shit off his plate and get Buster's to deal with you right away

Dale Finch
President & CEO
Automotive Retailers Association
Burnaby, BC

(604) 432-7987 office
(604) 312-9830 cell
dalefinch@ara.bc.ca

He's the CEO of the ARA, one of the big associations Buster's is in. When I called buster and they wouldn't response, I gave Mr. Finch a call and I got a sorry-ass call from Buster's within 5 minutes.