REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   People that try to convert you (https://www.revscene.net/forums/625574-people-try-convert-you.html)

Vinny G 09-21-2010 10:52 PM

People that try to convert you

Okay, I'm not a mean guy but there's this idiot that keeps messaging me trying to convert me into a Christian. Sending me crap like fellowship invites and evangelist concerts on fb, fucking hour long youtube clips and shit.

I've tried hinting that I couldn't care less about this shit but to no avail. I need a way to tell them to fuck off but not come across as an asshole (I need this person's help for some of my work). Tips?

Zyzz 09-21-2010 11:01 PM

lol this reminds me once I was leaving a restaurant and this guy approached me and a friend and give us a flyer telling us to come to this event, it has lots and lots of pretty girls

after we looksed at it and saw it is for a Christian gathering we were like wtf LOL

you need to tell them straight up No, otherwise they keep bothering u, coming from experience

325ist 09-21-2010 11:08 PM

The way I would say it to someone who I did not want to "offend": I appreciate your intrest in me but when it comes to beliefs and religion I would like to explore on my own.

Kingcong89 09-21-2010 11:20 PM

I always say i'm muslim and I go on about what I know about jesus' part in muslim faith until they're bored and leave me alone
Posted via RS Mobile

Euro7r 09-21-2010 11:33 PM

Just say your not interested! They can't force you to believe something that you are not interested in.

TripleSoul 09-22-2010 12:46 AM

you don't have to hint, just say you're not interested!

saucywoman 09-22-2010 05:53 AM

just be direct and say you are not interested; if they keep pushing then honestly tell them to fuck off...

vafanculo 09-22-2010 06:24 AM

Lol, how did I know this was about Christians.

Before I got married I had to go through a whole sit down from my wifes minister, I even attended church once in a blue moon. He kept challenging me to attend his service 5 Sundays in a row, and then he would stop.

I simply told him I would, if he would also attend 5 Sundays of catholic church.

They left me alone after that.
Posted via RS Mobile

Jassanova 09-22-2010 06:34 AM

Send him a link to this thread.

vafanculo 09-22-2010 06:43 AM

Also, I want to add..

Telling them to F off or being rude with them won't work. It will, but then you are just being a jerk. Christians are really nice people (as are people from other religious sectors), however, after attending their church a few times, I can see why your friend is openly trying to convert you. A big part of doing 'Gods' work, or 'fishing', as they call it, is basically the idea of them trying to 'save' other people.

They are fed this idea that you need to spread Gods word in order to be a good Christian. And by fed, I mean brainwashed. It's best just to be honest with the guy. Tell him nicely, you appreciate the materials, but you are finding it somewhat offensive lately because you believe in _____ instead.

I wouldn't mind attending church once in a blue moon, but one of the things that stop me is hearing a Christian sermon. They have a mentality of 'we are good, everything else is bad' and as a catholic, I felt a bit offended myself. Lol, I guess I got a bit carried away and this is a whole new topic in itself.
Posted via RS Mobile

hotjoint 09-22-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleSoul (Post 7115128)
you don't have to hint, just say you're not interested!

:werd:

Great68 09-22-2010 07:16 AM

Catholics are christians...

The correct terminology to refer to non-catholic christians is "Protestants"

ScizzMoney 09-22-2010 07:16 AM

just put your status on facebook as:

Thank God I'm an Atheist

MrGoodbar 09-22-2010 08:55 AM

"I don't think Satan would approve of me switching teams, sorry"

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 09-22-2010 09:20 AM

if he's messaging you on facebook, just reply back and say you're not interested, and should you one day become interested you will know where to go.

if he's sending event invites, chances are it's something he's sending to everybody on his list.

i'm glad my christian friends and family never try to convert me. when i have questions about christianity i just ask them.

6793026 09-22-2010 09:36 AM

i'm a Christian and i would never everrr do that what they do.

I would just send off an email saying:

Last I've heard from other Christians and , they are inviting and helpful, while it's great for you to introduce me to Christianity, the way you're doing it, I find it very annoying and bordering harassing me. I do not like it, I do not appreciate it and to be honest, the experience you have given me has really turned me off to even come close in learning more.

Please give me the space I need and respect me from sending me anymore details on it. I appreciate your time and passion but i feel if the paths ever crossed, I would be more than happy to seek you for answers.

samkyupsal 09-22-2010 10:53 AM

I'm also christian and i wouldnt do that.
i've learned that "pushing" religion on to someone just pushes them further away.
Tell the person that u need to explore religion on your own and what that person is doing pushes u away from christianity.

wasabisashimi 09-22-2010 01:03 PM

just ignore. tell him you have chronic fatigue syndrome and must sleep in on sundays

hirevtuner 09-22-2010 03:35 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AxCTSdry5u...y_Of_Sect1.jpg

I LOVE THE LEADER!!!

OTG-ZR2 09-23-2010 01:31 AM

I hate people pushing religion on me.

I politely tell them that I have my own beliefs. If they still don't get it, then I let em have the I'm a devote:rolleyes: atheist, scientologist, satanist or whatever is complete opposite from what they are pushing on me. They get the hint after that.

DanHibiki 09-23-2010 02:12 AM

Tell them Hockey is your religion and Luongo is your god

http://crosebrough.typepad.com/photo...saveslarge.jpg

dhari 09-23-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirevtuner (Post 7115731)

nah nah nah nah nah nah nah leader!

CorneringArtist 09-23-2010 02:23 PM

I haven't been pestered to convert, but I'm a non-practicing Catholic. My friends encourage me to come to church or join their youth club, but I tell them I simply can't find time to go and will go when I do.

iam_dan 09-23-2010 02:42 PM

my cousin tried to convert me a few times. it was tough, cause she was family, and i had to deny her offer carefully without being rude or anything.

i just told her im not yet ready to accept jesus as my savior and that i have my own beliefs.
i choose to respect her way of life, beliefs and thoughts, so i only ask her to do the same for me.

TekDragon 09-23-2010 02:55 PM

Be firm with this person. "I don't walk on your religion, or how I feel about it. I'd like us to keep our professional life, just that: Professional. I want you to stop trying to get me to come out to these events. I'm simply not interested."