REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Question about wrecking JDM Front end of DC, ICBC?

If i wreck the front end (god forbid) of my Integra that has the JDM DC2-R front, am i screwed? Will ICBC fix it at all? I have no reciepts for the front end. How does that work? Thanks.
Advertisement
Lloyd Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

From what I understand, they will fix your car but with a NA front end.

If you think about it, why would ICBC fix something that you don't even have proof of owning (such as receipts).
-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Honestly, if you have a front end hit on a DC2 expect ICBC to just write it off.

I wouldnt be worried about how ICBC wants to fix it, so much as whether or not they will fix it at all.

Now having said that, assuming they did want to fix your car, the adjuster has all the control, but if it turns out to be an extra 1000$ or whatever to cover the cost of the JDM parts compared to the USDM parts, they might refure to do the repairs with the JDM parts, or just allow you to cover the additonal costs... would also help if the autobody guy is on your side.

But at the end of the day, ICBC would probably just wright it off, if the repairs are 65-70% the ICBC value of the car then ICBC will write it off, and thats how the view newer vehicles... the older it is, the more that % seems to drop off.

Between the fact that its an older vehicle, and a modified car, the chance of it being wrote off are very high... ICBC adjusters dont seem to care for keeping modded cars on the roads... especially ones that have already had the rad support cut off once before.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
when u did ur jdm front end, did you get a custom rebar made?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
when u did ur jdm front end, did you get a custom rebar made?
I didnt do the jdm front on my ITR, but my JDM front has the JDM bumper bar.

Having said that, it would be very easy to make somehting a little more heavy duty or to modify the jdm bar to be a bit stronger...

..but then again, even though the jdm bumper might appear weak when compared to USDM bumper, you have to remember that it was designed to absord the impact of a crash and the more you reinforce that member, the more damage will be transfered to the chassis of the vehicle in the even of a colision. Thought it might prevent a lot more damage to the immediate impact area, it will lead to more twisting and bending of the chassis in its entirety.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

depending on the shop you choose, they can 'manipulate' the claim.

ICBC's wording on their policies is "PRE-ACCIDENT CONDITION" - Thus if the shop is confident and knows what they're doing, they will be able to re-fit a JDM conversion to the car.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

yeah my mom backed in to my jdm front teg last summer, icbc replaced the bumper and spoon lip no question asked. i had the parts listed for them along with prices and which shop it was comming from.

when i went into icbc to see the adjuster, he was looking at the integra front end on his tablet, and stated that it was different than what mine looked like , i told him it was the jdm front end from japan that we had converted.and i gave him my paper with parts on it. had no problem, maybe he just liked the front tho? lol
odishaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishaw View Post
yeah my mom backed in to my jdm front teg last summer, icbc replaced the bumper and spoon lip no question asked. i had the parts listed for them along with prices and which shop it was comming from.

when i went into icbc to see the adjuster, he was looking at the integra front end on his tablet, and stated that it was different than what mine looked like , i told him it was the jdm front end from japan that we had converted.and i gave him my paper with parts on it. had no problem, maybe he just liked the front tho? lol
I can't imagine what would happen if someone backed into my JDM front EP3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote