REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #176
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

The driver for my bus yesterday honked at every intersection he drove through... I asked him why and he just stared at me and looked away LOL
Advertisement
DustinSidhu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2015, 09:27 AM   #177
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
^^
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:51 AM   #178
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Translink just called and gave me a start date for training, April 20th! This whole process has taken over a year to get in so anyone interested, prepare to wait.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #179
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

So they've put up a bunch of those rubber hoses to count the traffic on Dunsmuir coming off the viaduct. Except the viaduct will be closed for two weeks for a movie shoot. I'm a little suspicious.....
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #180
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Translink just called and gave me a start date for training, April 20th! This whole process has taken over a year to get in so anyone interested, prepare to wait.
That's great about training! Are you for Community Shuttle or the regular buses?

I just heard back about training and I start next Monday April 13th for Community Shuttle. I think I applied last Feb or March, and my interview was in September.
denham is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by denham View Post
That's great about training! Are you for Community Shuttle or the regular buses?

I just heard back about training and I start next Monday April 13th for Community Shuttle. I think I applied last Feb or March, and my interview was in September.
Regular bus. Good luck man. I have to go for a uniform fitting and documentation next week before I start on the 20th, can't wait!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2015, 08:21 PM   #182

Nice. I got my uniform last week and had my documentation meeting yesterday.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2015, 12:03 AM   #183
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Regular bus. Good luck man. I have to go for a uniform fitting and documentation next week before I start on the 20th, can't wait!
Are you hired FT?

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:20 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Are you hired FT?
Yes
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #185
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
How have I not read any of this thread before? Translink is a great company to work for, despite their shitty rep.

Quote:
Congrats, and good luck with training! It's pretty in-depth, so make sure you're awake throughout with lots of coffee.
The most tedious part that is still ingrained in my brain is the damn pretrip, as Gunsmokez mentioned. You will come to know it very well in training, and (probably) the rest of your career.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2015, 11:05 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHvibe View Post
How have I not read any of this thread before? Translink is a great company to work for, despite their shitty rep.

Congrats, and good luck with training! It's pretty in-depth, so make sure you're awake throughout with lots of coffee.
The most tedious part that is still ingrained in my brain is the damn pretrip, as Gunsmokez mentioned. You will come to know it very well in training, and (probably) the rest of your career.
I already memorized the pre trip video that Gunsmokez posted on the page before
Old 04-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #187
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Congrats Dave!
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #188
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
to all the future drivers out there, stay safe and hope it isn't that stressful for you.
Alby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Congrats Dave!
Thanks James!
Old 04-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #190
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Good luck , remember to have fun too. Get to know your classmates really well. You guys will be relying on each other while going through this whole process. They will also be life long friends throught out your career with CMBC.

Oh yah forgot, to mention. They have a kerig machine now on the 4th floor lunch room, sugar, and coffee whitener is supplied. Just bring your own k-cup.

The 4th floor will be the training dept floor. 1st floor being bus,2nd maintenance and service i think, 3 floor is the main floor (Bullpen,operations supervisors,Depot staff)

Some of the amenities there are pool table, queit rooms, air hockey,ping pong table, work out gym and shower washers all on third floor as well. (Had a class mate would go work out after every class because he lived in surrey and didnt want to hit traffic) Would also stay there and did his homework before going home.

Also, if you havent yet done ride alongs PLEASE do so. IT will help you out alot and maybe bring down some anxieties you might have of dealing with customers. Heard a story of a guy that quit when it came down to revenue service because he couldn't deal with passengers.

Ride the 3,8,14,16,20 evening shifts wouldl be ideal. Most drivers are very accomodating and will tell you what things to look out for and how to deal certain types.

Should say Congradulations as well!!! to both of you that made it. CMBC is an awesome company to work for.

Last edited by Gunsmokez; 04-16-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Gunsmokez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2015, 03:36 PM   #191
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
My buddy has been a bus driver for the past two years and he loves it. The drug test scared him but once he went clean with smoking for a couple months and passed hes been cronic since
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #192
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
^ LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #193
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
hot box the bus?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #194
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
hot box the bus?
he told me no problem if no one else is on it haha
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #195

Well I just finished my first week of training for community shuttle. Monday was in Vancouver and we played with the DCU and fairbox stuff. The rest of the week has been in PoCo and we've had classroom stuff in the morning followed by some time driving later in the day. The hours are 6am-2pm. PoCo works great for me since I live in Pitt Meadows.

Driving the bus has been fun. It was pretty intimidating on the first day since I've never driven anything that big before, but it's a lot better now and I'm getting more confident. I can't imagine what it's like starting out on the conventional buses if you've never driven anything big! I'm glad I'm starting on the shuttle bus.

So far the experience has been pretty positive. Nice to be getting paid for training for sure. I almost wish training was more than 9 days to really get things figured out but I guess I'll be ok!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #196
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
For you conventional guys, maybe I might see a couple of you going through the farebox hut Don't usually do it but sometimes there are pieces of OT that I pick up.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #197

I spent a good 2 hours today doing ride alongs and talking to bus drivers. Asked a bunch of questions and they were all really nice to me . Might do another few hours this weekend before training starts Monday, can't wait!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:35 AM   #198
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Good that you are doing ride alongs, it will help you a lot. Gives you a bit of what to expect and also tips from drivers are always helpful.

If you are not familiar with Vancouver routes, do more ride alongs so you won't get lost when it is time on your own. Trolley's just gotta follow the wire. But diesel on the other hand, you can make wrong turns and such.

22 (Knight,Dunbarloop),25 (Brentwood/UBC),33 (29th stn/UBC) ,41 (Joyce/UBC) ,100 22ndstn/Marople loop, 15/50 (Cambie/Granville Island) <---this one is fucking confusing first time around.

Or you can look at google maps and study it that way. After your are out of class, they kinda expect you to know the routes. You won't know what you are doing till 5 or 6pm the day before when you are on spareboard.

I've had it one time, where I finished a job at 2600. Took it back to the yard, and then went to look up to see what kinda work Im doing next day. Only to find out, I'm working in exactly 8 hours later on a piece I have no clue of where it goes. That day was special, because all the senior spareboard guys took all late work. So, I got bumped up to the earliest time I was allowed to work (8 hours later lol ) That was fucked up!

Last edited by Gunsmokez; 04-18-2015 at 04:02 AM.
Gunsmokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #199

I've had my first 3 shifts on the Community Shuttle bus this week. I prepared well by writing notes for directions and checking the route out on google maps so I didn't have to read the small text on the paddle. Every day has gone really well so far. I made one or two wrong turns but got back on route quickly. Monday and Tuesday I was in Burnaby and yesterday I was in Delta. Yesterday was a bit boring with almost no passengers but at least it was stress-free. Overall really enjoying the job so far.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:23 PM   #200
Banned (ABWS)

lol i hoe all the busses and trains
dragondragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote