REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:00 PM   #301
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHvibe View Post
Congrats!!

Enjoy the grueling weeks of training! (if you're going to be an operator)
The worst part by far is sitting in a classroom for a couple of weeks for trolley training or air brakes. At the very least, now I can point out poor movie logic in regards to tractor trailers
First 2 weeks of class were intense. Week 1, air brakes and week 2, class 2 license with air brake endorsement and pre trip inspection. It really shows who can tough it out. if you can pass the first 2 weeks then the rest of the stuff is a piece of cake.
Advertisement
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #302
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Basically they're the front line station attendants who are in charge of making sure the compass pass program rolls out smoothly.

Then there are the regular station attendants that paid about 30 ish dollars an hour.
Funny how system here works. Apparent disconnect between the skills required for a job and its pay. Something that'll never happen in Asia.

I guess this somewhat explains the self-entitlement some people exhibits.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #303
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
^ but it works. it attracts people. people that they need to fill these positions. for 30 dollars an hour, you will need first aid and able to manually drive the train.

a bus driver makes roughly 28-30 now? so i would say its pretty much on equal grounds.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:57 PM   #304
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
^ but it works. it attracts people. people that they need to fill these positions. for 30 dollars an hour, you will need first aid and able to manually drive the train.

a bus driver makes roughly 28-30 now? so i would say its pretty much on equal grounds.
Trainee (30 Days training) $21.64
1st 8 months. $23.18
2nd 8 months $24.73
3rd 8 months $27.82
Thereafter $30.91

As per TransLink website
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:36 AM   #305
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
First 2 weeks of class were intense. Week 1, air brakes and week 2, class 2 license with air brake endorsement and pre trip inspection. It really shows who can tough it out. if you can pass the first 2 weeks then the rest of the stuff is a piece of cake.
Wait translink provides air brake training and licensing training? It's not a requirement to have that stuff before hand?

I mean sure, they should certainly run testing to make sure the person who has their tickets already knows what they are doing, but paying for drivers to actually receive this training? I don't know about that.

I've never heard of a trucking company which would hire someone who doesn't have their licenses and then put them through all the classes.

What stops someone from getting on from translink getting all their licensing done, and then just moving on to other sectors. I guess the only thing would be the long ass wait to get on?

Cause if I wanted to get into transport that's exactly what I would do, instead of paying to get my tickets, I would get on with translink, and get paid 25 bucks an hour to take free lessons.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Wait translink provides air brake training and licensing training? It's not a requirement to have that stuff before hand?

I mean sure, they should certainly run testing to make sure the person who has their tickets already knows what they are doing, but paying for drivers to actually receive this training? I don't know about that.

I've never heard of a trucking company which would hire someone who doesn't have their licenses and then put them through all the classes.

What stops someone from getting on from translink getting all their licensing done, and then just moving on to other sectors. I guess the only thing would be the long ass wait to get on?

Cause if I wanted to get into transport that's exactly what I would do, instead of paying to get my tickets, I would get on with translink, and get paid 25 bucks an hour to take free lessons.
You would still need to go through the recruitment steps, such as doing the video test and the panel interview.

CMBC will not even consider applicants if they have more than 1 violation that exceeds 3 points and more than 1 at fault accident within the last 5 years.

And to answer your question meme405 about what stops people from proceeding further into the application, between 400 to 600 people are successfully shortlisted onto the video testing. But to completely fulfill all the recruitment steps, only 15 to 25 applicants get fully hired.

If you want to get your Class 2 license with air brakes, wait until next summer. CMBC has a temporary hiring for casual labourers, tasks which involve washing buses, cleaning them, re fueling them, and other things which I cannot think off the top of my head. The position is only good for 3 months since it's positioned at post secondary students.
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #307

Quote:
You would still need to go through the recruitment steps, such as doing the video test and the panel interview.

CMBC will not even consider applicants if they have more than 1 violation that exceeds 3 points and more than 1 at fault accident within the last 5 years.

And to answer your question meme405 about what stops people from proceeding further into the application, between 400 to 600 people are successfully shortlisted onto the video testing. But to completely fulfill all the recruitment steps, only 15 to 25 applicants get fully hired.

If you want to get your Class 2 license with air brakes, wait until next summer. CMBC has a temporary hiring for casual labourers, tasks which involve washing buses, cleaning them, re fueling them, and other things which I cannot think off the top of my head. The position is only good for 3 months since it's positioned at post secondary students.
To add onto what typer said. One of the recruitment steps is that you get your class 2 learners which has air brake theory in it. You have to get that before you're even hired.

A person could go through all the steps and get into training then take the air brake stuff that the company provides then leave the company after but they will have spent anywhere from 6 months to a year waiting to get into training so I don't know if that's worth it.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #308
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:

and the position is ONLY good for students. they need to provide proof that they are students and will be returning to a full time program
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #309

Coast Mountain Bus Company is still looking for Conventional Operators.

Listing has not been expired yet, it will expire once positions are filled up.

For any RS members looking for other driving positions, City Of Burnaby is looking for Truck drivers, it pays $27.93 per hour.

Taleo
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-24-2015, 12:51 PM   #310

Anyone looking for a part time gig as a skytrain attendant, BCRTC is looking to fill in 6 positions.

Head over to www.translink.ca/drive

Must have level 1 first aid before being considered.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #311

Major delays on SkyTrain: Expo Line shutdown due to technical glitch

Was anyone stuck on the Skytrain a couple of days ago?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #312

Quote:
Translink just called and gave me a start date for training, April 20th! This whole process has taken over a year to get in so anyone interested, prepare to wait.
With much patience, I got my start date, November 18th

For anyone that's in the hiring process for conventional operator, expect the pace to be fully hired to be faster than usual compared to hotjoint. My application from the beginning and to be fully hired took about 2 months.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by TypeRNammer; 11-06-2015 at 12:45 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2015, 07:39 PM   #313

Quote:
With much patience, I got my start date, November 18th

For anyone that's in the hiring process for conventional operator, expect the pace to be fully hired to be faster than usual compared to hotjoint. My application from the beginning and to be fully hired took about 2 months.
We're hiring like crazy right now. A new training class every 2 weeks, pretty insane. Great time to join the company.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #314
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
oh shit...nammer bus drivers. I think i'll walk

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
oh shit...nammer bus drivers. I think i'll walk

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #316
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
There will be less rude people once they learn not to fuck around with nammer bus drivers.

flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #317

Quote:
We're hiring like crazy right now. A new training class every 2 weeks, pretty insane. Great time to join the company.
Still seeing groups of people attending the video test portion

Definitely no slow down for the hiring portion.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #318
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Skytrain down... fucking stuck downtown.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #319
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Ya enjoyed a 40 minute walk to my appointment outside downtown.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #320
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
so any ideas what happened?
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:09 PM   #321
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Friend told me earlier that they were saying it was an electrical issue at Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #322
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I'm in Vancouver from Victoria for the week for a class downtown and got stuck. Thankfully some nice Vancouverites helped me out with directions home so I didn't end up lost like yesterday afternoon.
jdmfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #323
I subscribe to Revscene

Still down apparently
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:09 PM   #324
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Any word when it will fix? Do you guys think it will be fix by tomorrow morning. Need to start planning in case it doesn't work.

Most of the time Skytrain is good for going to and from work. Expect when issue like this happen. I feel traslink respone time is too slow. It was down around 2:30pm and not shuttle and not annoucement was made till 3lish. That's too late. To make things worse the transit attendant doesn't seem to know what is going on when asked what is happening. Good thing sister work close to where I work so I got a ride from her. Not so lucky for my uncle he got off at 4:30pm like me and was stuck in DT till almost 7lish......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:13 PM   #325
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Translink has no estimate of when the issue will be fixed

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote