REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 10-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Vietnam

Hey All
Headed for Vietnam this weekend. Going to be in Hue , Hoi An , Nha Trangh and H.C.M.C.
Any recommendations in the cities for food? I have been before and loved the food but wanted to know if anyone has a special spot they like? For example wheres the best Pho in HCMC?

Any other suggestions are welcome!
Advertisement
rymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
why are you going to vietnam for just the weekend , spend at least like 2 weeks just to enjoy everything !!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

Hue - never liked too much local Hue food but try Bun Bo Hue. A lot of stuff I tried last time was from sticky rice which I am not a fan of.

Hoi An - Try Mi Quang, Com Ga, Hoi An White Rose. Some decent vendors that sell fried banana and fresh donuts. Again not a big fan of Hoi An local food. Some popular places for tourists are Tam Tam's, Mango Room, Mango Mango, Good Morning Vietnam, Cargo Club(excellent desserts and pastry). If you walk along the small river running through Hoi An you can see most of these places.

Nha Trang - some of the best seafood you can eat. I can't remember the name of this place but if you drive north along the beach road there are some good Restuarants along the water with fresh seafood. Try the Tamarind Crab. Make sure to spend at least one night at Sailing Club. Some other decent discos are GMC and #1 Club.

HCMC - will post up info soon.

Since your passing through to Hoi An I would suggest a small stop in Da Nang. Again amazing seafood and some good local restaurants. Some specialize in Com Ga, Bun Cha Ca, and fresh spring rolls.

If you decide to come through Da Nang feel free to PM me as I live there.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:02 AM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

HCMC - I cant remember the name of the street but late night all the Vietnamese will go to this street to eat. Ask around for Duck Tounge.

Quán Nhậu Tràm Chim, lots of hott chicks serving beer, drinking place.

CLUbs

club Pink Cadillac at duong Cong Nhuynh, techno

club Gossip on duong Tran Hung Dao (techno)

club 030 has moved, ask around, best club

bar 2000

Barraco

Velvet (hip hop) - shisha, a lot of Viet Kieu go here.

club Ozone (really good trance to roll)

club 97 (new club, techno) on duong Nguyen thi Minh Khai.

_Eat_

Kiem Bach Dang (icecream cafe) Nguyen Hue st.

Le Loi st. (center city , district 1)

Nguyen Hue st. (center city , district 1)

Com Ga Thuong Hai , ask the taxi

Cho Ben Thanh (inside the market got a ton of food)

ask ur hotel or taxi guy for more places.

_Cafe_

Window 4 near Diamond Plaza

Cafe Sao near Ho Con Rua (Diamond Plaza)

Cafe Nabuli next to Cafe Sao (good food, curry soup with bread, steak )

Cafe Rita q. 5

Cafe Viva at duong Tran Hung Dao (at nha hat tran hung dao)

Nguyen Hue st. got some nice upscale Cafes for foreigners. vietkieu and white pp.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Thanks for all the sugestions! In Hue now and ate at the " deaf mute" cafe. Think the name is Lac Thien? Good crepes and grilled meat which we wrapped and dipped. Headed for Hoi An tomorrow.
Thanks for the invite Scottsman but Da Nang isn't in our plans!
Posted via RS Mobile
rymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

HCMC:

the original PHO HOA on PASTUER, possibly the best bowl of pho you'll have, nothing like the shit PHO HOA in North America.

SH GARDEN behind CENTEC TOWER 72 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, the best Vietnamese Home Style you will ever have, guaranteed.

NT:

HAI MINH, best seafood in Nha Trang, hands down, pretty pricey though. Just ask any taxi guy, they'll know HAI MINH SEAFOOD

BUN BO HUE is suprisingly good in Nha Trang

GUAVA @ 34F (or something) nguyen thien thuat has some good eats.

LAC CANH BEEF , super good beef bbq place, always packed from 7-9PM
boss_clad is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
I would like to check the original pho hoa one day, sounds really good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
hue i dont know remember where in particular has the best food but 'bun bo hue' is their specialty so try it! there is actually a lot of hue specialty food but i forgot their names so pig out when u get there

in hcmc pho le (district 3) and pho pasteur/pho hoa r the best
for a large variety of viet food, stop by a restaurant called 'quan an ngon' which literally translates to restaurant with good food; 160 Pasteur, Phuong Ben Nghe
also at night go down to cho ben thanh in the district 1 to snack and shop at the night market!
for coffee goto cafe window near diamond mall

theres so many more places i just cant remember right now
will post more if i can recall later

hope u have a great trip
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #9
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
Was in HCMC a few months ago.

I tried both Pho Le and Pho Hoa. I prefered Pho Le's soup. It was easily the most ass-kickin' bowl of pho I've ever had.

Pho Le

Pho Hoa

Not the best pictures i know ;p
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:42 AM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
wtf, how can you go to hoi an and not have cao lao noodles. You fail scott.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
remember in vietnam your hotel staff will get everything for you. When I asked for white rose dumplings they got a driver to go get me some.

cao lao
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote