REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   oh ten and oh eleven ski and snowboard thuper thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/628817-oh-ten-oh-eleven-ski-snowboard-thuper-thread.html)

phreshnphunky 10-28-2010 07:16 PM

oh ten and oh eleven ski and snowboard thuper thread

The weather is gonna get hella cold soo, and its gonna precip like it did a few years back, which means for all y'all that ever wanted to shred hard and rock the gnar gnar pow pow epic like, you're gonna have your chance.

Could be the best year of the new milleniums new decade! Remenicent of 98/99 if any of y'all were around to ride then.

So, break it out! What yall rocking, how you gonna rock it, where ye gonna rock it, and what is it that you wanna learn?

And.......go........

Your boy :PnP
Posted via RS Mobile

Jayboogz 10-28-2010 07:27 PM

Stoked for this years season I got a cheap board I got from an option sale and a buncha cheap option gear. Pprobably gonna go everywhere locally. Possibly go to whistler more often! This is prob my 4th or 5th season boarding! Any idea whens the first day the mtns open up?? I think whistler nov 25th but I'd like to go sooner
Posted via RS Mobile

phreshnphunky 10-28-2010 07:38 PM

The locals usually open late late november, or early december.

Depending on how thw weather works out the locals might see an early start, the freezing level has been good, but the weather cycles aren't cooperating.

The snow that fell the last few days was a small taste of what's to come.

Whistler usually opens up american thanksgiving, along with sunpeaks opening up nov 25th as well.

Expect mt baker to open roughly the same time as well.

What you can do in the mean while to build up your shred legs is to hike mt baker mid november. Which is what we normally do.

Ride for a littl bit, and hike back up. Its a great way to get in shape.

For off mountain riding focus, spend your time off the hille working your core. Its more essential than your legs as you will find that your core will be that crucial element to having the mobility for everything surrounding the sport.

Legs come after :)
Posted via RS Mobile

jello24 10-28-2010 10:23 PM

i cant wait to snowboard for the first time ever... used boards all bought, boots and bindings coming soon, this winter's gonna be great.

im hoping a 2 hour lesson up in cypress is enough to get me going down the hill without slamming into a fence or something.

Alpine50 10-29-2010 01:34 AM

I'm hoping I can go up again had so much fun my first time. Broke my wrist in whistler but I'm down to go again ahahaha
Posted via RS Mobile

saucywoman 10-30-2010 08:12 AM

Sun peaks opens Nov 20.... Bought a used firefly and got last years K2 virtue bindings to use as my main board for this year :)
Posted via RS Mobile

Vangruver 10-31-2010 08:49 PM

OH HELLZ YAH

TRDood 10-31-2010 10:41 PM

Bought new boots for this year. Still need to get my skis waxed and boot fitted on the bindings. :D
Posted via RS Mobile

RayBot 11-01-2010 09:21 AM

Im gonna be snowboaring for the first time ever this year...now that i am finally in better shape to do more active stuff, etc.

Thank goodness for craigslist and employee discounts.

Vangruver 11-01-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 7167915)
Im gonna be snowboaring for the first time ever this year...now that i am finally in better shape to do more active stuff, etc.

Thank goodness for craigslist and employee discounts.

Yo estrella!

Ima hollar at you on fb when the snow starts to fly!

Good to see you're wanting to take the cold plunge!

Dennis
Posted via RS Mobile

RayBot 11-01-2010 09:48 AM

thank you sir.... :)

Vangruver 11-01-2010 09:50 AM

No. Thank you!

Did you buy any gear this year?
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 11-01-2010 09:51 AM

RS boarding/skiing meets?
Posted via RS Mobile

Vangruver 11-01-2010 11:04 AM

Feel free to organize it all you wish. :)
Posted via RS Mobile

jdmhaze 11-01-2010 12:01 PM

Soooo stoked for this season! Im down for a meet :)

saucywoman 11-01-2010 01:15 PM

Sun peaks meet during a weekend ;)!!! lol

Vangruver 11-01-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucywoman (Post 7168163)
Sun peaks meet during a weekend ;)!!! lol

more like every other fricken weekend!

UFO 11-01-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jello24 (Post 7164724)
im hoping a 2 hour lesson up in cypress is enough to get me going down the hill without slamming into a fence or something.

Good luck with that. After my first 2 hours, I could still barely keep my board pointed in the right direction for more than 20 feet before wiping out from losing control or just catching a random edge. Get yourself some wrist guards for sure. Luckily I consider myself a somewhat fast learner, was able to link some turns by the end of my first day. Did I ever hurt the next morning though, but it was SOOO much fun.

Last season was more or less a writeoff for me unfortuneately, but hoping to get some good runs on the new pow board I got last season, and I picked up an Option Sansalone late last season as my main board for this season, so I'm stoked to give that a try as well!

Vangruver 11-01-2010 05:17 PM

I'm stoked for the smiles.

I'm stoked for the laughs

I'm stoked for the spins.

I'm stoked for the butters

I'm stoked for the gaggles

I'm stoked for the giggles.

I'm stoked for the switch back side presses.

I'm stoked for the cab 5s

I'm just stoked.

saucywoman 11-01-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO (Post 7168539)
Good luck with that. After my first 2 hours, I could still barely keep my board pointed in the right direction for more than 20 feet before wiping out from losing control or just catching a random edge. Get yourself some wrist guards for sure. Luckily I consider myself a somewhat fast learner, was able to link some turns by the end of my first day. Did I ever hurt the next morning though, but it was SOOO much fun.

Last season was more or less a writeoff for me unfortuneately, but hoping to get some good runs on the new pow board I got last season, and I picked up an Option Sansalone late last season as my main board for this season, so I'm stoked to give that a try as well!

I would def recommen doing an all day lesson. I did that here (it was split into two 2 hour sessons with a lunch break in between) and even then I was usin the pendulum to ride down the hill..... which really hurts the knees fyi. The more lesson you can do the better.

saucywoman 11-01-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vangruver (Post 7168512)
more like every other fricken weekend!

I like the sounds of this :) lol

dyan 11-01-2010 08:48 PM

Hope this years gonna be a good season. more snow!! probably gonna hit up bigwhite a few times this season xD so stoked.

Alpine50 11-03-2010 12:55 AM

what do u guys think of seymour? I've only been snowboarding In whistler, I'm planning on going this year I hope
Posted via RS Mobile

jello24 11-03-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucywoman (Post 7168658)
I would def recommen doing an all day lesson. I did that here (it was split into two 2 hour sessons with a lunch break in between).

what mountain did you take that all day lesson from, considering it was "here"... cypress, grouse and seymour only offer 2hr drop ins. did you do a 4hr private session?

Vangruver 11-03-2010 11:39 AM

You all could pay someone to give you a lesson, orrrr,you could ask a certain revscener to provide you with personal coaching ;)

I shouldn't say more otherwise I might get banned for soliciting something that I'm not really soliciting :p
Posted via RS Mobile