REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Yes we do. We have several style of skate guards in stock.
Advertisement
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #27
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
do you have hockey tape????

kidding.. i am just surprised at the types of questions being asked.. it is like asking a produce store if they have apples...
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2010, 08:03 AM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Wow.. it looks amazing !!!!! I can't wait to check it out !
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'm glad you guys brought in Tacki-mac tape blade, cause no one carried it anymore. Seriously...I've had the best of season's with those things.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #30

We've had those instock for years, even before Hockey Experts came along. But we have more stock in them since the renovation.
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #31
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

they are selling the easton s19 stick for $309. hockey shop is selling at $269. i thought sportcheck is suppose to be cheaper than the big stores
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
We price match
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #33

Hey just got confirmation that between Nov 11th thru Nov 14th, sportchek + HX is doing buy one get one 50% off on ALL hockey sticks! Which includes sticks such as the S19, EQ50, RBK 11K, Total One, One 95, One 100, Warrior Dolomite DD and Spyne, CCM U+ CL, and much much more.

This is probably the best stick deal we ever had, as we never put our composites on a bogo deal, especially the high end stuff.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #34
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Price match still applies to the BOGO? Hehe
Posted via RS Mobile
Wilso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso09 View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Unfortuneatly not on top of the bogo, but if someone still wants to buy one, then I'll match the hockey shop. If someone buys 2, well the bogo avg it out to 230smth each which is cheaper than hockey shop
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso09 View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Just found out from my hockey manager that the S19 is already marked down, not sure how much its marked down to, but should be lower than the 309.99 + the bogo on top of that.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #37

for those of you guys that missed our last Friends/Family sale, here is another chance to get the same deal!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166375463386351
Old 12-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

nice glove wall... until a pack of ten year olds come through and your staff are too busy to face it.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #39

So i'm going to bump a very old thread....
its been almost 3 years since the Hockey Experts at Richmond Centre Opened.....
since then more and more HX concepts have been popping up at Sport Cheks
but HX in Sportchek remain one of the only Hockey Experts in BC to retain its own dedicated team of staff, rather than having blended "cross over" staff with other sporting goods departments.

So I just want to ask, 3 years later, for those of you that have shopped at that store ( I no longer work there), did this "concept" live up to, exceed or fall short of your expectations?

Any suggestions, comment or feedback to further improve the shopping experience to make this a better "hockey store" in the lower mainland?
Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #40
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
So i'm going to bump a very old thread....
its been almost 3 years since the Hockey Experts at Richmond Centre Opened.....
since then more and more HX concepts have been popping up at Sport Cheks
but HX in Sportchek remain one of the only Hockey Experts in BC to retain its own dedicated team of staff, rather than having blended "cross over" staff with other sporting goods departments.

So I just want to ask, 3 years later, for those of you that have shopped at that store ( I no longer work there), did this "concept" live up to, exceed or fall short of your expectations?

Any suggestions, comment or feedback to further improve the shopping experience to make this a better "hockey store" in the lower mainland?
Totally exceeded my expectations. Sport Chek used to be the place to buy tape or cheap stuff on crazy clearance. Now it's one of my go-to hockey places for equipment. Tack on the occassional F&F event, and it's right up there for me with Cyclone and THS.

Of course, this is coming from someone who knows their hockey equipment, so I can't really comment on the staff and how knowledgeable they are, but I can definitely vouch for them being helpful!

As for feedback- MORE F&F SALES!
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #41

Agree with m3thods, I use to always go to Cyclone and Ice Level for my hockey needs, but since SportChek upped their game it's a lot more convenient for me. Usually their is some kind of sale going on, whether it be F&F or clearance on top end sticks of the previous year.

Staff generally seem pretty friendly and fairly knowledgable - some more than others. Overhearing conversations and such, they appear to be pretty helpful. Sometimes they seem kind of timid to approach, but I never have any questions as I too know my hockey equipment.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #42

I'm a goalie BTW, so my opinion will be biased.

- They have kids that currently play hockey that work there, so they know their shit. 2 forwards, 1 goalie.
-They've got some harder to find accessories, and a good selection of jerseys, etc.
-Good skate and stick selection
-Skate sharpening is cheap, while baking and fitting boots are FREE. They did it for me and I didn't even buy the skates there. SCORE!

Dislikes
-The prices are not great. They have things there that are way out of date (Goalie pads that are being discontinued but they still sell for almost $100 more than anywhere else).
-Very little selection of higher end gear. Granted, probably due to that not that many goalie purcheses happen there.
-Pretty much Bauer only. Stick wise, gear wise. It's one big ass Bauer commercial. They need other players in there to be more effective such as RBK, Vaughn, Brian's.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #43
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
I'm a goalie BTW, so my opinion will be biased.

- They have kids that currently play hockey that work there, so they know their shit. 2 forwards, 1 goalie.
-They've got some harder to find accessories, and a good selection of jerseys, etc.
-Good skate and stick selection
-Skate sharpening is cheap, while baking and fitting boots are FREE. They did it for me and I didn't even buy the skates there. SCORE!

Dislikes
-The prices are not great. They have things there that are way out of date (Goalie pads that are being discontinued but they still sell for almost $100 more than anywhere else).
-Very little selection of higher end gear. Granted, probably due to that not that many goalie purcheses happen there.
-Pretty much Bauer only. Stick wise, gear wise. It's one big ass Bauer commercial. They need other players in there to be more effective such as RBK, Vaughn, Brian's.
They have very limited selection for top end items for players too. I guess they need to appeal to the general public which means more variety lower level to intermediate stuff, and less for higher end gear. Their regular prices are very high, and I have only purchased stuff from there when it was either on sale or I had a gift card. Stick selection is very limited as well in terms of flex and patterns.

I am the type that won't go anywhere else except Cyclone Taylor. They are close to where I live, and I like to support the smaller family run shops.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
They have very limited selection for top end items for players too. I guess they need to appeal to the general public which means more variety lower level to intermediate stuff, and less for higher end gear. Their regular prices are very high, and I have only purchased stuff from there when it was either on sale or I had a gift card. Stick selection is very limited as well in terms of flex and patterns.

I am the type that won't go anywhere else except Cyclone Taylor. They are close to where I live, and I like to support the smaller family run shops.
I hear ya. I don't go to cyclone as much except for small items and minor repairs. They just don't cater to the goalie enough for me to visit there that often.

I live pretty close to it too but unfortunately I have to make almost all my purchased either in Surrey Hockey Shop or Goaliemonkey.Com. =(
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #45
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
I hear ya. I don't go to cyclone as much except for small items and minor repairs. They just don't cater to the goalie enough for me to visit there that often.

I live pretty close to it too but unfortunately I have to make almost all my purchased either in Surrey Hockey Shop or Goaliemonkey.Com. =(
If I was a full time goalie, i would get all my stuff custom made at simmons and those other smaller companies anyways
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #46

I know. The only problem is the lack of ability to try it on =[

I DO Have simmons C/A, which is FANTASTIC. But pads i'm a little wary of.

I'm debating simmons or Passau right now....
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #47

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Yea you guys need to stock more goalie gear especially for the full right goalies
Posted via RS Mobile
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #48

At the end of the day, I think when it comes to introducing a new line of retail products, especially to have an entire department dedicated to it, a business should devote a specific amount of effort into it. Sport Chek's hockey area is a lot better compared to before.

BUT

Having a lot of the same things but not enough selection just makes people think they're doing it half-assed, which will only keep potential customers at bay.

They need to adjust their prices to market norms, so I don't have to haggle them every time I get in there to buy something, wasting my time, and their staff's. Bauer, for example, impose STRICT pricing restrictions on their products, which even differs between here and states-side. What will they think when they find out that SC sells their items for MUCH more than EVERYONE else, and can't move them? Right?

And they need new stuff. The Reactor line's been out for 4 months now. Still nothing there or an ETA.