REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Girls breaking off with guys because guys don't make enough income (https://www.revscene.net/forums/629809-girls-breaking-off-guys-because-guys-dont-make-enough-income.html)

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 11-22-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7194665)
What I find hilarious is that there are actually women out there that think they deserve a man that has a fat wallet and will pamper them like theyre goddesses.

What is it that they have to offer to their men? Ive always thought relationships/marriages are two way streets

Just a random thought..

Sooooooo true. But at the same time (from what I read on RS) there are guys out there that are actually willing to provide that crap (buying gfs expensive this and that), and complain that they do. They need to standup for themselves, dump the girl, and find a better one. Yet they don't.

TheNewGirl 11-22-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terkan (Post 7195416)
God I hate when people throw out random relative risk reduction numbers. When you say 20% reduction you really mean probably less than half a percent absolute risk reduction. Your baseline risk of getting breast cancer is probably under 2% and 20% reduction in that is only 0.4%.
Posted via RS Mobile

Frankly, I'll take a .4% reduction in the chances of me having to get my tits cut off.

I have a higher chance of dying of breast cancer than in a car accident, but I still put my seat belt on every time I get into my car.

danz 11-22-2010 03:00 PM

fml

F30 11-22-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video (Post 7197997)
Sooooooo true. But at the same time (from what I read on RS) there are guys out there that are actually willing to provide that crap (buying gfs expensive this and that), and complain that they do. They need to standup for themselves, dump the girl, and find a better one. Yet they don't.

There is nothing wrong with buying girls pretty and shiny things, as long as it is not the basis for the relationship. Those who complain usually do so because they suspect that without gifts, those girls would leave them.

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 11-22-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSER (Post 7198063)
There is nothing wrong with buying girls pretty and shiny things, as long as it is not the basis for the relationship. Those who complain usually do so because they suspect that without gifts, those girls would leave them.

Those are the guys that I was referring to. They seem to just put up with it for no good reason and won't break it off but will continue to complain.

F30 11-22-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video (Post 7198067)
Those are the guys that I was referring to. They seem to just put up with it for no good reason and won't break it off but will continue to complain.

Then you are just talking about "legal" type of prostitution. Relationship (with hope for sex) in exchange for gifts. I could never understand those guys complaining.

CanadaGoose 11-22-2010 03:24 PM

Seeing threads like these makes me incredibly grateful for my gf, she's a stunner and could care less what I do or don't have, and she's been with me through thick and thin...I'm talking like me getting laid off from an incredible job, and her sticking by me while I made a career change

It's hard to paint over all women with the same brush and just label them as gold diggers... simply not true.

liu13 11-22-2010 03:46 PM

^ pics or it didn't happen

!Yaminashi 11-22-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E N D L E S S (Post 7198092)
Seeing threads like these makes me incredibly grateful for my gf, she's a stunner and could care less what I do or don't have, and she's been with me through thick and thin...I'm talking like me getting laid off from an incredible job, and her sticking by me while I made a career change

It's hard to paint over all women with the same brush and just label them as gold diggers... simply not true.

This is true, but you have to admit alot of women out there expect ALOT from their men when they dont have much to offer themselves.

Note to those who have selective reading: I said alot, not all

ScizzMoney 11-22-2010 06:49 PM

I try to treat my girlfriends the way I want to see my Mom be treated.

DC5-S 11-22-2010 06:53 PM

^ lol

ws6ta 11-22-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScizzMoney (Post 7198420)

:lol :lol

Eatman 11-22-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScizzMoney (Post 7198420)

so when you're shagging your gf, do you think of your mom?

Mr.HappySilp 11-22-2010 10:10 PM

That's why sometimes being single isn't all that bad.

TripleSoul 11-23-2010 11:35 AM

bottom line is that girls are going to need stability and if you can't provide for them then it won't last. Use this as a wake up call to get off your butts and work hard.

Teh Doucher 11-23-2010 12:47 PM

stability for a woman = enough money for her to wear prada shades, buy gucci bags, expensive shoes and drive around in a nice suv or car. now before someone calls me a pig etc, i know that all girls arent like that, but a LOT are. if i ever end up at that marriage stage, one of the first things im going to tell her is that if she wants all that nice useless expensive shit, she can work and pay for it herself.

TheNewGirl 11-23-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh Doucher (Post 7199583)
stability for a woman = enough money for her to wear prada shades, buy gucci bags, expensive shoes and drive around in a nice suv or car. now before someone calls me a pig etc, i know that all girls arent like that, but a LOT are. if i ever end up at that marriage stage, one of the first things im going to tell her is that if she wants all that nice useless expensive shit, she can work and pay for it herself.

Stability does not = stuff. It equals reliability for most girls.

BUT if all you pick up is girls who have expensive shoes and expensive bags then you really can't claim to be suprised when they want those things. You guys want arm candy, arm candy wants pretty sparkly things.

Find a real woman if you want a partner with realistic expectations.
If you date a plastic girl, they're going to want your plastic.

v.Rossi 11-23-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

not a lot of girls want the shades, bags, shoes. at some age they mature and rethink their priorities in life. i would say a majority of the girls really aren't like this, of course the tall skinny clean blonde coke bottle figure maybe. perhaps the one that live downtown with their rich boyfriends. but overall not most chicks are like this.

if you end up at the marriage stage, why the fuck would you tell your girl that? you sound like an absolute keeper with that, great way to seal the deal there. she would realize within half a year, unless you've already been pampering her ass since day one. then your actions will speak otherwise.

girls are pretty independent, it's when you start giving her everything is when she stops bothering and relies on you and your wallet because she can and because you will.

if she loves you and you're broke but putting in effort, then she'll work double jobs just to make it work. of course, no one wants to be taken advantage of but if you're putting in effort at least you could say you tried.

seriously, is anyone else not surprised that this topic has hit 5 pages? i mean this topic?!? if she leaves you because you're broke, you should have picked up the signs, or at the very least not have dragged the relationship that long or even consider marriage with the broad.

marry someone you can't live without and make sure it's fucking mutual. through thick and thin, she'll still stay. the i do's and i love you's are bullshit, actions are the only thing that matter.

no i ain't talking about the physical actions not when it comes to marriage. it's much more than that, though i will be expecting some nonetheless.

Z3guy 11-24-2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

OK John Wayne. That is some big talk......the girls that have all the stuff..can you imagine the blowjobs they had to give to get the stuff:thumbsup:

there is no free lunch.....

slammer111 11-27-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v.Rossi (Post 7200058)
not a lot of girls want the shades, bags, shoes. at some age they mature and rethink their priorities in life. i would say a majority of the girls really aren't like this, of course the tall skinny clean blonde coke bottle figure maybe. perhaps the one that live downtown with their rich boyfriends. but overall not most chicks are like this.
no i ain't talking about the physical actions not when it comes to marriage. it's much more than that, though i will be expecting some nonetheless.

Interestingly, I don't think I know any single girls who are practical like this until they hit about 28. :rolleyes: *cough* Then at this point you can see the wrinkles and nobody wants them. :lol

When I ask girls (even the not-so-good looking ones) what they look for in a guy, a lot of them say Income, and even peg a dollar amount wtf. And these are chicks approaching 30. Good luck. :rolleyes:

Kamui712 12-03-2010 03:57 AM

You guys just need to filter out the gold diggers. Drop them no matter how hot they are, it's not worth the headache.

convo from the other day with a girl I was chatting with, somehow we began talking about clubbing and weird people.

girl: Ya I don't really to club, there's a lot of weirdos that go there just to pick up girls.
me: lol works both ways, there's girls that go there to pick up rich guys.
girl: *grins* so are you rich?
me: *smiling back* if a guy with $$ is your priority, I'm probably not the type of guy for you.
girl: *disappointed* oh, so you're not rich then.
me: I never said that. Well it was nice talking to you.

Psykopathik 12-09-2010 12:24 PM

Gold digger, like a hooker, only smarter.