REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #101
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
What I find hilarious is that there are actually women out there that think they deserve a man that has a fat wallet and will pamper them like theyre goddesses.

What is it that they have to offer to their men? Ive always thought relationships/marriages are two way streets

Just a random thought..

Sooooooo true. But at the same time (from what I read on RS) there are guys out there that are actually willing to provide that crap (buying gfs expensive this and that), and complain that they do. They need to standup for themselves, dump the girl, and find a better one. Yet they don't.

Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #102
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
God I hate when people throw out random relative risk reduction numbers. When you say 20% reduction you really mean probably less than half a percent absolute risk reduction. Your baseline risk of getting breast cancer is probably under 2% and 20% reduction in that is only 0.4%.
Posted via RS Mobile

Frankly, I'll take a .4% reduction in the chances of me having to get my tits cut off.

I have a higher chance of dying of breast cancer than in a car accident, but I still put my seat belt on every time I get into my car.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #103
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

fml

Last edited by danz; 06-27-2013 at 03:41 PM.
danz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #104
F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video View Post
Sooooooo true. But at the same time (from what I read on RS) there are guys out there that are actually willing to provide that crap (buying gfs expensive this and that), and complain that they do. They need to standup for themselves, dump the girl, and find a better one. Yet they don't.
There is nothing wrong with buying girls pretty and shiny things, as long as it is not the basis for the relationship. Those who complain usually do so because they suspect that without gifts, those girls would leave them.
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #105
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSER View Post
There is nothing wrong with buying girls pretty and shiny things, as long as it is not the basis for the relationship. Those who complain usually do so because they suspect that without gifts, those girls would leave them.
Those are the guys that I was referring to. They seem to just put up with it for no good reason and won't break it off but will continue to complain.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #106
F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video View Post
Those are the guys that I was referring to. They seem to just put up with it for no good reason and won't break it off but will continue to complain.
Then you are just talking about "legal" type of prostitution. Relationship (with hope for sex) in exchange for gifts. I could never understand those guys complaining.
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #107

Seeing threads like these makes me incredibly grateful for my gf, she's a stunner and could care less what I do or don't have, and she's been with me through thick and thin...I'm talking like me getting laid off from an incredible job, and her sticking by me while I made a career change

It's hard to paint over all women with the same brush and just label them as gold diggers... simply not true.

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #108
Banned (ABWS)

^ pics or it didn't happen
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #109
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by E N D L E S S View Post
Seeing threads like these makes me incredibly grateful for my gf, she's a stunner and could care less what I do or don't have, and she's been with me through thick and thin...I'm talking like me getting laid off from an incredible job, and her sticking by me while I made a career change

It's hard to paint over all women with the same brush and just label them as gold diggers... simply not true.
This is true, but you have to admit alot of women out there expect ALOT from their men when they dont have much to offer themselves.

Note to those who have selective reading: I said alot, not all
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #110
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
I try to treat my girlfriends the way I want to see my Mom be treated.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #111
I subscribe to Revscene

^ lol
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #112
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
so when you're shagging your gf, do you think of your mom?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #114
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
That's why sometimes being single isn't all that bad.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #115
I am Hook'd on RS

bottom line is that girls are going to need stability and if you can't provide for them then it won't last. Use this as a wake up call to get off your butts and work hard.
TripleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #116
Banned (ABWS)

stability for a woman = enough money for her to wear prada shades, buy gucci bags, expensive shoes and drive around in a nice suv or car. now before someone calls me a pig etc, i know that all girls arent like that, but a LOT are. if i ever end up at that marriage stage, one of the first things im going to tell her is that if she wants all that nice useless expensive shit, she can work and pay for it herself.
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #117
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Doucher View Post
stability for a woman = enough money for her to wear prada shades, buy gucci bags, expensive shoes and drive around in a nice suv or car. now before someone calls me a pig etc, i know that all girls arent like that, but a LOT are. if i ever end up at that marriage stage, one of the first things im going to tell her is that if she wants all that nice useless expensive shit, she can work and pay for it herself.

Stability does not = stuff. It equals reliability for most girls.

BUT if all you pick up is girls who have expensive shoes and expensive bags then you really can't claim to be suprised when they want those things. You guys want arm candy, arm candy wants pretty sparkly things.

Find a real woman if you want a partner with realistic expectations.
If you date a plastic girl, they're going to want your plastic.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #118
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
not a lot of girls want the shades, bags, shoes. at some age they mature and rethink their priorities in life. i would say a majority of the girls really aren't like this, of course the tall skinny clean blonde coke bottle figure maybe. perhaps the one that live downtown with their rich boyfriends. but overall not most chicks are like this.

if you end up at the marriage stage, why the fuck would you tell your girl that? you sound like an absolute keeper with that, great way to seal the deal there. she would realize within half a year, unless you've already been pampering her ass since day one. then your actions will speak otherwise.

girls are pretty independent, it's when you start giving her everything is when she stops bothering and relies on you and your wallet because she can and because you will.

if she loves you and you're broke but putting in effort, then she'll work double jobs just to make it work. of course, no one wants to be taken advantage of but if you're putting in effort at least you could say you tried.

seriously, is anyone else not surprised that this topic has hit 5 pages? i mean this topic?!? if she leaves you because you're broke, you should have picked up the signs, or at the very least not have dragged the relationship that long or even consider marriage with the broad.

marry someone you can't live without and make sure it's fucking mutual. through thick and thin, she'll still stay. the i do's and i love you's are bullshit, actions are the only thing that matter.

no i ain't talking about the physical actions not when it comes to marriage. it's much more than that, though i will be expecting some nonetheless.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2010, 06:09 AM   #119
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
OK John Wayne. That is some big talk......the girls that have all the stuff..can you imagine the blowjobs they had to give to get the stuff

there is no free lunch.....
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.Rossi View Post
not a lot of girls want the shades, bags, shoes. at some age they mature and rethink their priorities in life. i would say a majority of the girls really aren't like this, of course the tall skinny clean blonde coke bottle figure maybe. perhaps the one that live downtown with their rich boyfriends. but overall not most chicks are like this.
no i ain't talking about the physical actions not when it comes to marriage. it's much more than that, though i will be expecting some nonetheless.
Interestingly, I don't think I know any single girls who are practical like this until they hit about 28. *cough* Then at this point you can see the wrinkles and nobody wants them.

When I ask girls (even the not-so-good looking ones) what they look for in a guy, a lot of them say Income, and even peg a dollar amount wtf. And these are chicks approaching 30. Good luck.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2010, 03:57 AM   #121
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

You guys just need to filter out the gold diggers. Drop them no matter how hot they are, it's not worth the headache.

convo from the other day with a girl I was chatting with, somehow we began talking about clubbing and weird people.

girl: Ya I don't really to club, there's a lot of weirdos that go there just to pick up girls.
me: lol works both ways, there's girls that go there to pick up rich guys.
girl: *grins* so are you rich?
me: *smiling back* if a guy with $$ is your priority, I'm probably not the type of guy for you.
girl: *disappointed* oh, so you're not rich then.
me: I never said that. Well it was nice talking to you.

Last edited by Kamui712; 12-03-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #122
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Gold digger, like a hooker, only smarter.