REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   suggestions for oil change in richmond for a a VW Phaeton (https://www.revscene.net/forums/630933-suggestions-oil-change-richmond-vw-phaeton.html)

haymura 11-22-2010 09:00 AM

suggestions for oil change in richmond for a a VW Phaeton

There are apparently not too many mechanic shops/dealerships who know how to work on a Phaeton or avoid working on one. The only ones that do it are all the way in Surrey. I was hoping if someone can suggest somewhere here in richmond.

thanks!

mpr 11-22-2010 09:59 AM

read through the process for W12 engine. It is quite intensive. makes me want to do it even more. Just oil/filter alone is $200

how much is the vw dealer charging you ? or they are not doing it?

AVS_Racing 11-22-2010 10:20 AM

His is a 8 cylinder if I remember correctly from his thread
Posted via RS Mobile

roastpuff 11-22-2010 10:26 AM

Try RPI Equipped? I know PG Performance and Shift Autosport would probably work on the car as well, but you don't want to get out of Richmond so that's hard...

mpr 11-22-2010 10:30 AM

yeah I read both.

three bottle less but process is still similar. but at least don't need to go through the wheel well.

haymura 11-22-2010 10:59 AM

to answer some questions here:

yes, mine is a V8. I have also called 3 different volkswagen dealerships and 2 audi dealers and they seem to stay away from it and give me the usual "our techs are not trained in Phaetons" or "we are not specialized to work on that specific model"

i have also tried calling RP equipped and they dont seem to wanna touch it either. I told them i just needed an oil change but they just denied the work.

I dont mind going to PG performance or Caliber automotive (where the previous owner takes the car for maintenance) but im just trying to see if there is any around my area to save me the trouble of having to travel far all the time for maintenance and in case shit happens, its close to home.

haulin oats 11-22-2010 11:41 AM

as far as I remember, only Capilano, Gold Key, and Valley Autohaus are the only Phaeton certified dealerships. There is a specific Phaeton toolkit needed to perform maintenance on Phaetons.

Redlines_Daily 11-22-2010 12:27 PM

thats bullshit, if VW sells the car then they should be trained to service it.

Dragon-88 11-22-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily (Post 7197846)
thats bullshit, if VW sells the car then they should be trained to service it.

Well if the place you bought it from doesnt do the work then yes.. But I think ops reason is he doesnt want to go into another city just to get an oil change done but somewhere closer. In which no one works on those cars without special training which is probably a limited amount of shops... I'm pretty sure the op purchased his car in surrey but doesnt want to go there all the time for a oil change.. .makes sense i hate driving in surrey aswell. But then again the Phaeton is pretty rare here which is why hes probably having so much problems finding a shop.

FerrariEnzo 11-22-2010 12:42 PM

go back to where you bought it, or a VW dealership, if they mess up and engine goes wrong, they can replace it

Dragon-88 11-22-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 7197869)
go back to where you bought it, or a VW dealership, if they mess up and engine goes wrong, they can replace it

read much? Op wants somewhere closer to him that does oil changes on a Phaeton. Not all VW dealerships work on Phaeton's. let along 3rd party shops..

haymura 11-22-2010 01:10 PM

thanks for the replies. i guess im SOL and have to travel all the way in surrey for maintenance. i tried 6 different mechanic shops here that "specialize" in VW and they still wouldnt take it. 2 shops wanted the work but didnt know shit about the car. the first one said, "yea we work on passats but your misinformed. passats are not V8" im like, "i never said it was a passat. its a phaeton." the mechanic sez "they are the same. yours is just the european version. (at this point i just rolled my eyes and in the back of my mind i said to myself "your an idiot")
2nd shop said we need to charge you more becuz its V12....:rolleyes:

Dragon-88 11-22-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haymura (Post 7197913)
thanks for the replies. i guess im SOL and have to travel all the way in surrey for maintenance. i tried 6 different mechanic shops here that "specialize" in VW and they still wouldnt take it. 2 shops wanted the work but didnt know shit about the car. the first one said, "yea we work on passats but your misinformed. passats are not V8" im like, "i never said it was a passat. its a phaeton." the mechanic sez "they are the same. yours is just the european version. (at this point i just rolled my eyes and in the back of my mind i said to myself "your an idiot")
2nd shop said we need to charge you more becuz its V12....:rolleyes:

LOL I never knew a Phaeton existed until your thread... I always thought you misspelled phantom... :) but a beautiful ride anyways!

boatcaptain 11-22-2010 04:26 PM

mrlube!!

greendb7 11-22-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatcaptain (Post 7198199)
mrlube!!

do NOT

zilla510 11-22-2010 05:56 PM

Call MCL, they can most likely help you out. Ask for Spiros, he's the Bentley service advisor and i'm sure he can help you out.

Marco911 11-22-2010 05:58 PM

Was the Phaeton ever sold in Canada, or is it a US import?

skyxx 11-22-2010 06:14 PM

^ It was sold in Canada but for a very short amount of time. I believe shorter than it's american counterpart.

too_slow 11-22-2010 06:18 PM

More like in extremely small quantities!

MindBomber 11-22-2010 06:32 PM

I must say, I'm surprised the Phaeton sold in such small quantities.
My understanding is that the A8 was slightly more technically advanced, but i found the styling and performance of the Phaeton very impressive. Not to mention the msrp was slightly less than the A8, 7series and S430. I guess it amounts to VW not having enough name recognition as a luxury brand.

Mr.C 11-22-2010 07:51 PM

And I've heard that the reliability was... problematic...

Plus, not a lot of people willing to plop 80g on a VW.

haymura 11-22-2010 09:35 PM

from what ive been told, i am the only one in lower mainland that has a Phaeton. Hard to believe though but so far i havent seen any other phaetons around. The car is pure luxury but you definitely pay for it. gotta pay to play i guess.

rJZx 11-22-2010 09:42 PM

/\ Sick car though, absolutely exclusive.

ruthless 11-22-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haymura (Post 7198709)
from what ive been told, i am the only one in lower mainland that has a Phaeton. Hard to believe though but so far i haven't seen any other phaetons around. The car is pure luxury but you definitely pay for it. gotta pay to play i guess.

i swear there have been a couple spotted in the sick cars in Vancouver thread, and from what I can remember DiiCii's neighbor has one (the one with the red diablo)

edit*: here's the spotted thread (at bottom)
http://www.revscene.net/forums/sick-...swagon+phaeton
it has cali plates

MindBomber 11-22-2010 09:50 PM

Exactly why I would have a Phaeton than any of its luxury competitors, an incredibly rare care is twice as cool as any common equivalent.

I'm pretty sure theres a couple Phaetons on Vancouver Island.