REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Are 1 months etc. that big of a deal? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/631085-1-months-etc-big-deal.html)

ilvtofu 11-23-2010 06:40 PM

Are 1 months etc. that big of a deal?

GF and I are having a little argument over not going out on our 4 month. My mom made dinner and it was a monday night and I didn't really feel like anything. She asked me a couple days before whether I wanted to dinner on monday and I said it was up to her.

Honestly I think forcing yourself to go out on that 1 day a month kind of ruins it for me and maybe even makes it feel obligating. I feel like it's childish, especially when we see each other almost every day or every other day. Maybe it's a girl thing I'm not sure. :/

Whats your opinion

dinamix 11-23-2010 06:43 PM

your first 12 months is a pretty big deal. After that, you celebrate in years.

monthsaries-haha

jtanner_ 11-23-2010 06:45 PM

Hm.. I think it really comes down to both you and the girl... also depends on your age I suppose.

To some people, it's a big deal, while to others its just another day. I find that past relationships also play a part in this too because if it was a big deal in the past, it's most likely routine now.

Personally, I don't think you need to celebrate EVERY month... I mean anniversary's are enough, especially when you say you see her practically every day.

If it reallly makes her happy I don't see why you can't go out of your way for something as simple as dinner, but i'd hope there's favors for you in return.

ilvtofu 11-23-2010 06:49 PM

I told her I have no problem going out/dinnering once a month but I didn't like the idea of strictly going that one day

Okami 11-23-2010 06:54 PM

personally i think its not important unless you're one of those high school couples that seem to switch partners 12 times a year.

to me it gives the vibe that each month is a struggle and you have to celebrate it because you accomplished something..

i agree with you about the going every month though (just not same day).. women eh?

aradi 11-23-2010 07:02 PM

Honestly, celebrating month by month seems pointless in my eyes, like i would say happy 3 months babe, but i wouldn't go out for dinner and get her a present like most of my friends. Important anniversaries to me are by the year, and maybe 6 months. If i had to celebrate every month with presents and really fancy dinners , the 1 year anniversary wouldn't be as special as it should be, not to mention how broke I would be.

v.Rossi 11-23-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice_demon (Post 7200108)
personally i think its not important unless you're one of those high school couples that seem to switch partners 12 times a year.

high school couples don't switch partners 12 times a year do they? times changed if they do. then again, i can't picture a high school player i think they lack too much confidence to pull anything. to me all high schoolers talk, type, wear and act the same. you can't joke around with them, they're too sensitive. they'll start swearing and name dropping before you know it.

anyways this month anniversary, it's a big deal if you make it a big deal.

it's unlikely that you would see a 30 year old couple going happy 2 months babe <3 on facebook, however it's very likely to see two 19 year olds going happy 9 months ilu!

with age comes experience and maturity, with young people comes bragging rights, inexperience and infatuation. however, it doesn't affect me or my life so i don't say shit.

xmisstrinh 11-23-2010 07:16 PM

i think going by 6 month intervals are reasonable. i bought him canucks tickets for our 6 months and he took me to a lovely dinner =]

FI-Z33 11-23-2010 07:43 PM

my ex goes (or went) by 1month, 6 months, 1 year

i don't mind not celebrating..not really a big big deal? and there are times where either one of us are busy and we'll just arrange dinner for another day

honestly, everyday is worth celebrating :) just cuddling and watching tv i think is great.depends how you look at the relationship and how serious you are...if shes mad at you just for not going out on the day of the "month-versary" then she's immature and not looking at the bigger picture

throughout the years, people learn that "simple is happiness"

Alphamale 11-23-2010 07:43 PM

Aren't you dating a JB?

That's the problem right there.

InvisibleSoul 11-23-2010 07:44 PM

Yeah, I think it's mostly a girls' thing.

My wife and I have been together now for over 11 years and she still places emphasis on celebrating monthly.

Jgresch 11-23-2010 07:45 PM

My ex was all about the monthly shit lol.....it was so pointless.. omg 30 more days! yay!
Current gf, 1 yr, 2 yr are the only intervals we've done anything for...

Tell your gf you feel it will be more special if you celebrate less often i.e every year.

v.Rossi 11-23-2010 08:06 PM

dinner on a monthly anniversary or a yearly anniversary wouldn't make a difference to me, that's just me though. i'm not the lovey dovey type, i'd be flexible and compromise and all.... but dinners are such a common thing, putting a purpose to it isn't going to make my dinner taste any better or make it any cheaper, heh.

i couldn't be obligated to give myself to her that one specific day of the month, if it's on a weekday and i just finished work. yeah good luck

The_AK 11-23-2010 08:29 PM

I'd say shes making a big deal out of it. Six months and year makes sense, ex and I kinda celebrated each month just by saying "happy [x] month" but not make a big deal out of it or go out for dinner. Going out for dinner was just a regular thing we would do sometimes.

lol @ young love

TheNewGirl 11-23-2010 08:51 PM

I think after you're out of high school 1 month, 6 months, 1 year is the MOST anyone can sanely be expected to celebrate. Less would be saner.

That said if you're a teenager or dating a teenager... teenaged girls are completely bat shit insane. Look at Twilight.

Presto 11-23-2010 08:56 PM

We think it's lame, so it was established, right away, that we wouldn't do that adolescent, monthly, 'anniversary' stuff. Once a year, as an anniversary implies, is fine.

ForbiddenX 11-23-2010 09:28 PM

My girlfriend never really expected us to do anything. Funny story though, since this was my first relationship, I didn't really know what to do for a one month. At the time I thought she was expecting something since most of her friends that were also in relationships would do that monthly stuff. I ended up writing a really nice letter and gave her a big hug and said happy 1 month!!! She was happy because she didn't even expect anything cause she thought it was stupid too. She then surprised me with a pizza after school lol.

After that, we never really celebrated monthly. Would just say happy X months. We celebrate every year though, usually at a finer restaurant since we never really eat at those kinds of restaurants regularly.

PK-EK 11-23-2010 09:43 PM

Say Single
/thread

BorLorBao 11-23-2010 09:46 PM

My boyfriend and I never celebrated monthly anniversaries. It all depends on what and how the other person feels about this monthly being togetherness. My boyfriend and I were never into that. We celebrate the yearly one. We both agreed to make each other a card. If something special is to be done every month then I think one would easily run out of special things to do when it really does count.
If the girl really wants to go for dinner every month then sure go for it. If it makes her happy and shuts her up then why the heck not.

nabs 11-23-2010 09:49 PM

after 4 months, we never really cared. we would just mention it.

Jegz 11-23-2010 10:06 PM

Shouldve told her you cant pass on your moms cooking.
But seriously, i think celebrating every month is childish. I stick with the 1,3,6,12 then every year after that.

Limitless 11-23-2010 10:10 PM

Depends on each person. My GF always wanted to celebrate by just going out and going somewhere to eat, but at the same time she was okay with not celebrating if something came up. I also know a few ppl that go crazy if his/her bf or gf forgot one of their monthaversary things lol.
Some people make it a big deal, some people don't care. Really depends on your girl (assuming you're a guy lol), and depends how far you're willing to go to make her happy

Strzelec 11-23-2010 10:12 PM

To me, 1 month isnt a big deal really. For my first girlfriend, i bought her a rose for one month, then whenever the months came by i just said something. Mind you i was 17 at that point, and havent done that since.
Big one would be 6 months, then after that every year.

Mugen EvOlutioN 11-23-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 7200167)
Aren't you dating a JB?

That's the problem right there.

werd

i believe OP is under 19

age is the problem here, when u are young you count days, than months, than years and so on

get use to it :D

dinamix 11-23-2010 10:57 PM

Celebrate monthly...just another excuse to have sex!
Posted via RS Mobile