REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #51
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Maybe op is fulfilling the needs but gf wants more? For example if gf is at home and op is working, then makes sense why she would call this guy. But then gf shouldn't be asking other dudes to fulfill her needs. She's grown up, she cn get her own Tylenol, make her own soup, why does she need some strange guy to do it for her?

Op, I think your gf needs to grow up of she's behaving this way and if she wants an adult relationship.
Posted via RS Mobile

The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #52
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
Would've dumped the bitch by smashing her camera. In her Face.
or with a ball peen hammer?
Nechako87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #53
無敵

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Maybe op is fulfilling the needs but gf wants more? For example if gf is at home and op is working, then makes sense why she would call this guy. But then gf shouldn't be asking other dudes to fulfill her needs. She's grown up, she cn get her own Tylenol, make her own soup, why does she need some strange guy to do it for her?

Op, I think your gf needs to grow up of she's behaving this way and if she wants an adult relationship.
Posted via RS Mobile
That's just a maybe though, maybe OP is sitting around playing games all day or hanging around with his buddies doing random stuff. Who knows until we get an update.

But most likely, he'll make it sound as if he's awesome.

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #54
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
LF: a Godfamily
Old 11-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #55

Op,
you ass-sitting you lazy ass mother fucker or are you going to work? Or are you going to school?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #56
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
fuck are people still doing the godbrother god sister thing? thats another thing for... "the guy/girl that wants to fuck me, but i wont let them cuz they ugly." or they are 13 years old
HAHAHA this is so true.

You get to bang her then play games while 'God brother' drives 40 min to bring her food without seeing her face. Whats wrong with that?
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y View Post
I would suggest just going up to the guy one time and tell him straight up that you don't like what he's doing. Even tell him that the whole godbrother/godsister thing is complete BULLSHIT because it obviously is. He'll use that against you saying that it's completely harmless and that he's just trying to be nice and/or helpful.

Just tell him that you're a guy, he's a guy, and you can clearly interpret what his actions mean, and what his true intentions/motives are. YOU are the boyfriend and YOU are the only one who needs to and will take care of your girl. Finally, tell him nicely to just fuck off once and for all, and that he needs to respect your wishes. If he doesn't, then don't be as friendly for your next encounter.
i don't know about that suggestion, i'd just poke fun at him. "hey, how's your godsister doing?" telling him it's bullshit ain't gonna work. he'll tell her guaranteed.

i wouldn't tell him off, god brother is a bitch. he's just going to run to his god sister and they're gonna have a god talk. bitchs talk. i'd keep him for your amusement, when you're girlfriends hungry tell her to ask him to bring her food. when she wants to watch a chick flick, tell her to bring him. when she wants to do something during the hockey game? yup, tell her to ask him instead. when you want sex? tell her that her next friday is yours take her out to dinner, give her a good fucking. fuck her like you're the holy god himself.

try to make it work to your advantage if she ain't gonna lose him, but i'd keep looking for new fish in the meantime. someone more sane, and much more mature.

the minute she first told you about him, i would've laughed my ass off. she needs a slap back to reality, and i'm the person to do just that.

her: "oh he's my godbrother" ,
me: "HAHAHA what? how old are you babe?"
her: "stop being mean!"
me: "stop being stupid"

and bringing alize to a girls house? alize?! heh, i guess the guy had sympathy.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.

Last edited by v.Rossi; 11-27-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: :)
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #58
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I still think if the OP is doing this job as a bf this wouldn't happen.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #59
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
That's just a maybe though, maybe OP is sitting around playing games all day or hanging around with his buddies doing random stuff. Who knows until we get an update.

What if the guy is at home getting some work done due for tomorrow, so he can spend the evening with her? And, she doesn't have this "godbrother" person, she just has a lot of guy friends.

I'm not the OP but i'm kind of going through a similar thing.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #60

^ this is why you ask when are you free and set up a date 3 - 4 days in advance?

i respect the fact that my girl has a life and gives me space, i do the same. she's outgoing and volunteers etc. i'm busy with parties, work, working out, hanging out with buddies during the game, call of duty. she knows i won't drop something if i have plans with someone else, that's disrespectful to the other party imo no one likes a flaker especially last minute, so i don't expect her to do it for me either. solution? ask in advance.

disclaimer: this will probably be hard for the clingy people.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.

Last edited by v.Rossi; 11-27-2010 at 02:10 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #61
I don't get it

It speaks volumes about your GF when she calls someone at 3:00AM in the morning to drop off food. Nobody, especially someone who's not her BF, should be put in that siutation.

It seems like your GF is an insensitive ***** while "godbrother" is just stupid/hopeless.

Of course, I don't know the real relationship between them so I could be wrong. Perhaps they had some experiences growing up?
darkfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #62
Hyde's Understudy

i was too busy to read the whole advice thingy, and this or that.

That dude probably has a raging hard on for your gf. if he hasn't fucked her already, he's probably masturbating to her images.
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #63
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

kick his ass then dump her
whitehcr32gtst is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #64
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
If you're that uncomfortable about it and have had an honest conversation with her.. any loving girlfriend would put you before him, or at least have a logical compromise (talk to him/see him at a reasonable time. Allow you to meet him, etc.)

If she still insists to be so close and touchy with him, and disagrees to any sort of compromise, then it may be time to chuck up the deuces.

Any relationship without compromise isn't going to last, or is gonna be a lifetime of hell for one or the other.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #65
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ what if she lies and still sees her so call god brother at night?
I think when my sister was dating there is this guy that would come at night and bring her food snacks and gift even though my sis never ask him. She simply told him gtfo lol. Why put yourself these suitation lol.

Beside unless you know 100% the guy is gay, as we all know he just wants to get in your gf's pants and this so call god brother thing is just pure BS.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #66

waiting on update from OP

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:23 AM   #67
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:

For all guys out there, ignore this woman.

Judging by the threads in this subforum about guys complaining about girls and their space? Whether it be girls clubbing, girls and their guy friends, girls and their cockblocking girl group? and how many of those threads end up convicting the guy of neediness and possesiveness?

Guys should have all the right to play video games or hang around with their buddies doing random stuff just as well. Even if she's sick (unless we're talking about situations of extremity)

Remember boys, chivalry is a courtesy. Don't let any women convince you into thinking it's an obligation.

edit:

Just clarifying: I don't mean DO NOT take care of your women, but just don't be her personal assistant. <-- this is what I mean by the differentiation of doing things out of "courtesy" and out of "obligation"

It's not your failing as BF because you forgot to drop everything in your life just to give her a fucking TYLENOL when the moment she gets a headache. It would be her failing as GF if she holds that against you; and I'm not even going to get into the "food" part and when your gf is hungry.

edit 2:

And oh yeah, if this goes to the direction of "if she can't count on you on the little things, how can she count on you on the big things?" Tell women that there's a big fucking difference between being there for a headache, and being there for illnesses like cancer.

Last edited by Noir; 11-29-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:42 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y View Post
It's hard NOT to look like the bad guy in the anon-OP's situation because

1) It would look like he's a jealous, insecure prick if he complained about the whole ordeal.

2) It could sort of seem like this so-called "godbrother" is full-fulling the needs of this guy's gf because the OP has failed to do these himself.

Given these circumstances, there's no real safe and easy way of approaching this situation without getting any type of backlash, regardless of how minor it is. However, you ARE the bf. You are ALLOWED to protect your girl to yourself because that's all part of being in a relationship.

I would suggest just going up to the guy one time and tell him straight up that you don't like what he's doing. Even tell him that the whole godbrother/godsister thing is complete BULLSHIT because it obviously is. He'll use that against you saying that it's completely harmless and that he's just trying to be nice and/or helpful.

Just tell him that you're a guy, he's a guy, and you can clearly interpret what his actions mean, and what his true intentions/motives are. YOU are the boyfriend and YOU are the only one who needs to and will take care of your girl. Finally, tell him nicely to just fuck off once and for all, and that he needs to respect your wishes. If he doesn't, then don't be as friendly for your next encounter.

GL.
+ 1. I agree

But I'll go even further. Guys shouldn't be scared at sometimes having to play the bad guy though; even at the risk of losing the relationship. You can't always be good guys just so some people can have their cake and eat it too.

Yes some women can spin it as insecurity, jealousy and possesivenes for their benefit of the argument but in actuality, if having the god-brother being present raises her expectations of you as a bf (which is clearly evident in this thread alone), it's better to gamble knocking her down a peg and set the god-brother straight and risk losing the relationship; rather than securing the relationship at the cost of forever living with high expectations set by "said" god-bro and continious risk of their relationship-closeness ever crossing the line.

So I hope others see that it's not always in one's best interest to play "the good guy" because at times, all it will be benefiting is everyone else but you. That's why people always push the "good guy" angle because it's always at the expense of the "good guy" and "good guy" only; not everyone else.

Last edited by Noir; 11-29-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #69
無敵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
For all guys out there, ignore this woman.

Judging by the threads in this subforum about guys complaining about girls and their space? Whether it be girls clubbing, girls and their guy friends, girls and their cockblocking girl group? and how many of those threads end up convicting the guy of neediness and possesiveness?

Guys should have all the right to play video games or hang around with their buddies doing random stuff just as well. Even if she's sick (unless we're talking about situations of extremity)

Remember boys, chivalry is a courtesy. Don't let any women convince you into thinking it's an obligation.

edit:

Just clarifying: I don't mean DO NOT take care of your women, but just don't be her personal assistant. <-- this is what I mean by the differentiation of doing things out of "courtesy" and out of "obligation"

It's not your failing as BF because you forgot to drop everything in your life just to give her a fucking TYLENOL when the moment she gets a headache. It would be her failing as GF if she holds that against you; and I'm not even going to get into the "food" part and when your gf is hungry.

edit 2:

And oh yeah, if this goes to the direction of "if she can't count on you on the little things, how can she count on you on the big things?" Tell women that there's a big fucking difference between being there for a headache, and being there for illnesses like cancer.

Did I ever say that he had to drop by at her every request?
First, people on Revscene are all like if those girls with those WoW addict boyfriends are like that they'd be happy to take them off their hands. Is that not the same case as what I posted?

You don't have to get so sensitive about it, unless you're op. It's just a what-if, it's not like those guy/girls don't exist. There's been cases posted on here with girlfriends not being supportive.

And of course there's a lack of threads about guys and their neediness. There's barely any females to post on Revscene, but some guys are needy and possessive.

But yes, please ignore me. No need to go into defensive mode with all those edits.

I wasn't telling anyone to do anything or that gaming or hanging out is wrong. I was merely stating that there's a chance op's just sitting around doing nothing all day, and yet can find the time to complain about some other guy.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #70

Quote:
Did I ever say that he had to drop by at her every request?
First, people on Revscene are all like if those girls with those WoW addict boyfriends are like that they'd be happy to take them off their hands. Is that not the same case as what I posted?
What else were you implying with this:
Quote:
Like everyone else has been saying, where are you during all this?
Why is it that he is there for her when she's feeling sick/hungry/needs to talk, and you're not?

Quote:
And of course there's a lack of threads about guys and their neediness. There's barely any females to post on Revscene, but some guys are needy and possessive.

But yes, please ignore me. No need to go into defensive mode with all those edits.

I wasn't telling anyone to do anything or that gaming or hanging out is wrong. I was merely stating that there's a chance op's just sitting around doing nothing all day, and yet can find the time to complain about some other guy.
Wayyy miss the point. The uneven ration of threads started by a certain gender has no bearing on what I said. It was referring to the heavy female bias on an even male-heavy domain like RS. I was merely equalling out the bias, that if we can give space for women to go clubbing, go have lunches with their guy friends, etc... we more than certainly should be able to do more trivial things like video games or hanging with buddies like you exampled.

Quote:
You don't have to get so sensitive about it, unless you're op. It's just a what-if, it's not like those guy/girls don't exist. There's been cases posted on here with girlfriends not being supportive.
You're what ifs clearly have a bias and an agenda. Read the following:
Quote:
Like everyone else has been saying, where are you during all this?
Why is it that he is there for her when she's feeling sick/hungry/needs to talk, and you're not?
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
(In response to The_AK)
Quote:

The bolded part I found amusing. If it already isn't clear you're attempting to villify the OP for the bias towards the OP's gf... then I don't know what else to say.

so yeah, keep ignoring this girl. And for all the BF's who get shit like the above, you're not failures or bad bfs.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #71
無敵

LOL Okay there.

I was merely wondering what is he doing while all this is occurring, like MANY other people.
There will always those guys who drop stuff off and what not, I think every girl has had some type of person like this. It just depends on who they deal with it, and clearly OP's GF does not see how it affects him.

Any decent girl would cut this guy off if she knew what he felt, especially if she put herself in his shoes and understood where he's coming from. Clearly, since they're still arguing about the issue, OP needs to either try to get to know the guy, or cut off the GF if she is being immature about the situation and DOES want OP to be running 3am errands to her house.

OP's problem is the jealously issue, I don't think he's ever said anything about his GF wanting him to do the same as the guy or whatever, so why are you insisting that I'm telling him to do so?

I was merely playing devil's advocate, if one can say that he's already fulfilling the GF's needs or have better things to do, then he could also be doing nothing yet complaining about some guy he doesn't seem to even know personally.

OP never stated that the GF ask the guy to do anything. It seems that she just merely mentioned that she feels/need w/e and he conveniently comes along.

By the way, that emoticon meant sarcasm if you didn't catch that.

And no Noir, I have no agenda, please calm down. But for some reason you felt the need to attack me cause you're offended for some reason.

OP hasn't updated, so who really knows what's going on until we get more details on this issue.

If you knew me, you'd know that I would most likely not be siding with the GF, as I know how crazy girls are.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #72
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
+ 1. I agree

But I'll go even further. Guys shouldn't be scared at sometimes having to play the bad guy though; even at the risk of losing the relationship. You can't always be good guys just so some people can have their cake and eat it too.

Yes some women can spin it as insecurity, jealousy and possesivenes for their benefit of the argument but in actuality, if having the god-brother being present raises her expectations of you as a bf (which is clearly evident in this thread alone), it's better to gamble knocking her down a peg and set the god-brother straight and risk losing the relationship; rather than securing the relationship at the cost of forever living with high expectations set by "said" god-bro and continious risk of their relationship-closeness ever crossing the line.

So I hope others see that it's not always in one's best interest to play "the good guy" because at times, all it will be benefiting is everyone else but you. That's why people always push the "good guy" angle because it's always at the expense of the "good guy" and "good guy" only; not everyone else.
I agree with this and what palepilsenpin0y said.

I'm willing to bet that if the roles were reversed, the GF would expect the OP to be sympathetic to how she felt about the situation or else the BF would become an insensitive prick and an asshole etc..

However if the BF were to say something, he all of a sudden becomes insecure?

Something's wrong here..
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #73

If I was still in a relationship I wouldn't want some "god brother" bringing my girl all sorts of items at random times throughout the day. I'd question the guy's intentions and let her know how I felt about it. I mean it's not normal activity so my questioning would have rational, Not a sign of insecurity in my opinion. More of a sign of concern for the relationship.

Still waiting on an update from op
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #74

I doubt op is going to give us an update we've already hit page 3.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #75
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
If I was still in a relationship I wouldn't want some "god brother" bringing my girl all sorts of items at random times throughout the day. I'd question the guy's intentions and let her know how I felt about it. I mean it's not normal activity so my questioning would have rational, Not a sign of insecurity in my opinion. More of a sign of concern for the relationship.

Still waiting on an update from op
Posted via RS Mobile
I agree, I'm pretty sure all dudes on here would agree with me on the fact that no guy will go out of his way for a chick unless he wants something from her.

Maybe the gf's intentions should be questioned as well, not just the "god brother"

Especially if she's allowing this to continue even after having numerous fights with OP
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote