REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 12-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #276
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
So I read through most of this thread and still confused.

My wife and I want something to mix music with. Looking at getting her something cheap just to have some fun with. Now, this is totally foreign to me, and I won't even know what each button does on these machines lol. Going to learn through experimenting and YouTube.

Stumbled upon the pioneer DDJ-WEGO. reviews show cheap pricing and for the price it works.

Is this all I would need to mess around with? Looking to do house music and edm.

Anyone use this?,reviews..suggestions?

Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #277
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
So I read through most of this thread and still confused.

My wife and I want something to mix music with. Looking at getting her something cheap just to have some fun with. Now, this is totally foreign to me, and I won't even know what each button does on these machines lol. Going to learn through experimenting and YouTube.

Stumbled upon the pioneer DDJ-WEGO. reviews show cheap pricing and for the price it works.

Is this all I would need to mess around with? Looking to do house music and edm.

Anyone use this?,reviews..suggestions?

Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
When looking at a controller you want to look at the software it uses. The Wego uses Virtual DJ. It's a good program but Pioneers higher end products use Traktor or Serato. if you can wait till January Pioneer is releasing the DDJ-SB. It's the same price as the Wego but uses Serato into and can be upgraded to Serato DJ.

Pioneer DJ | DDJ-SB Special Web Page
Old 01-29-2014, 01:27 AM   #278
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
if you are going with a controller i think its best to figure out which program you like to use first, you don't want to find that after you've purchase the controller
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2014, 04:25 PM   #279
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Have been mixing for a bit over a year now. I initially learned on google/youtube using Virtual DJ LOL! I then moved on to Traktor since my buddy converted me haha.

Have been using that since and I now use a Traktor Kontrol S2. It is a very good controller & easy to use. Best bang in the buck too as it got a built-in soundcloud & I can do a lot more with that compare to CDJs. Would recommend the S4 for people due to its individual filter knobs + extra 2channels.

CDJs are great too for pure mixing but just not in my budget.
JAYWALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:39 PM   #280
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
this is hands down the craziest controller I've ever seen

its pretty much 2 CDJ 2000s Nexus and a DIM 900 Nexus combined

now if only they will make a Traktor version of it

Pioneer DDJSZ Serato DJ Professional DJ Controller

Pioneer DJ expands its family of Serato DJ Software controllers with the DDJ-SZ, its flagship model that strongly emulates the look and feel of Pioneer's world-renowned CDJ digital players. The DDJ-SZ is designed for the serious "controller" DJs who are inspired by the performance specifications of Pioneer's professional DJ products but also want the convenience of an all-in-one system. The new controller is 35 percent bigger than the widely popular DDJ-SX, sporting additional functionalities and features including extra large JOG wheels (the same size available on CDJ players), large performance pads with multi-color illumination, DJM style mixer, dual USB ports and a MAGVEL cross fader.

Big Jog Wheel
The most noticeable CDJ PRO gear integration to the DDJ-SZ is its large 8.1-inch JOG wheels. The JOG wheels provide instantaneous response and excellent operability for accurate and smooth scratching and mixing performance. The center of each JOG wheel also features "ON JOG display" to illustrate playback status, cue points and position. In addition, the unit offers a JOG FEELING ADJUST to enable users to change the resistance of the wheel from light to heavy for a customize feel.

Performance Pads
Directly below each JOG wheel are four effects buttons – HOT CUE, ROLL, SLICER and SAMPLER. Under the effects buttons are eight extra large "performance pads" that DJs can quickly access to insert different modified effects to music playing. In Sampler mode, the output volume of the sampler effects also varies depending on the strength of user's tap of the pad. An update from the current DDJ-S controllers, the performance pads on the DDJ-SZ illuminate in different colors to quickly communicate the effect mode it is in.

Dual USB Ports
The DDJ-SZ includes two USB ports to enable simultaneous connection of two computers. Users can instantly switch between two computers for seamless transitions between two DJs or as additional music sources.

High-End Mixer
The mixing area of the DDJ-SZ also closely mimics Pioneer's DJM series of professional mixers, utilizing a generous number of controls and effects with features including Sound Color FX and new Oscillator functions to deliver more creative music arrangements. The mixer can also be used as a standalone 4-channel mixer for outboard players and turntables.

Oscillator – The new Oscillator on the right side of the mixer provides four types of sound effects: Noise, Siren, Cymbal and Horn. A quick touch of the buttons activates the effect(s), which can also be modified in amplitude (volume) to add to the music currently playing.

Sound Color FX – The mixer includes four Sound Color FX functions (Pitch, Jet, Echo and Filter), which add numerous audio effect combinations and arrangements to currently playing music with a simple twist of the knobs. Through Serato DJ's beats per minute (BPM) analysis, users can also synchronize Echo effects to the BPM of currently playing music.

DVS Functionality – The controller can support DVS (Digital Vinyl System)1 using control tone to enable an external player to be used as a Serato DJ deck.

Magvel Cross Fader
For extremely smooth transitions and high durability between the DDJ-SZ's players, the unit features a MAGVEL cross fader (the same component used in Pioneer's DJM-900SRT) that utilizes a contact-free magnetic system that can withstand more than 10 million operations. The "cut in" time of the cross fader can also be customized to the user's preference.

Features:
The latest DJ software Serato DJ (free to download) for a truly unique DJing experience
All buttons and knobs, as well as the soundcard*2, are "PLUG AND PLAY" – configured in advance to work with "Serato DJ".
Top plate and jog wheels built with an aluminum stylish finish
Slip Mode for precision scratching: Slip Mode silently continues track playback during a loop, reverse or scratch, and brings the music back at the right point when the DJ exits the performance. It also adds a further level to the Performance Pads, enabling tricks such as Slip Hot Cue
Needle Search: touch strip for intuitive, fast searches
P-LOCK Fader Caps are impossible to pull off in the heat of a mix.
"Auto Standby" function switches to standby mode when a state of no use or no input continues for a certain period of time.

Specifications:
Software : Serato DJ
Number of channels : 4 audio channels, 2 mic channels
Input ports :
CD/LINE×4 (RCA), PHONO×2 (RCA)
MIC x 2 (XLR & 1/4 inch combined PHONE x 1, 1/4 inch PHONE x 1)
Output ports :
MASTER OUT×2 (RCA×1, XLR×1)
BOOTH OUT×1 (1/4 inch PHONE)
HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT×2 (front panel 1/4 inch PHONE, ?3.5mm MiniPin)
Other ports : USB x 2 (Type B)
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
D/A converter : 24 bit
A/D converter : 24 bit
Frequency response : 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion ratio : 0.002% or less (USB)
S/N ratio : 111 dB or above (USB)
Head room : 19 dB
Maximum dimensions : 870 mm (W) × 419.5 mm (D) × 98.4 mm (H)
Unit weight : 10.4 kg

Serato DJ System Requirements
Applicable OS (Windows) Windows 7
32-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo /(Memory) 2GB
64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo / (Memory) 4GB
32-bit: (CPU) Core i3, i5 or i7 1.07 GHz / (Memory) 2GB
64-bit: (CPU) Core i3, i5 or i7 1.07 GHz / (Memory) 4GB
Applicable OS (Mac) Mac OS X v10.9.1/10.8.5/10.7.5/10.6.8
32-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo / (Memory) 2GB
64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo / (Memory) 4GB
32-bit: (CPU) Core i3, i5 or i7 1.07 GHz / (Memory) 2GB
64-bit: (CPU) Core i3, i5 or i7 1.07 GHz / (Memory) 4GB
Display resolution: 1,280 x 720 or higher resolution
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2014, 04:52 PM   #281
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Pioneer has always been at the forefront of the djing game when it comes to equipment. They always manage to hit the nail right on the head. I fucking love all their mixers. I remember when the DJM500 came out.. then the 600, then the 700 lol. Loved messing with them.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #282
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
You will be able to get tracktor mappings for the Pioneer DDJSZ. The price for the DDJSZ is going to be around 2k but I have heard of a street price as low as $1700 US. Thats about a 1k more than I paid for my Pioneer DDJ-SX.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #283
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
the sz is so sick. looks like it can finally replicate the feel of cdj. all controller even the sx feel like a toy once you've play with a set of cdj2000s…..
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:09 AM   #284
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Hello DJs!

any of you interested in doing a wedding? (Sept 2016)
if yes please pm me
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #285
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

REKORDBOX IS LIFE!

@!Aznboi128, what kind of music are you guys into? Might have a guy for you!
JAYWALKER is offline   Reply With Quote