REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #26
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

When I had my 03 6mt sedan, brake wears quickly. The 03 brake rotors are too small for such a large and heavy car. Infiniti knew this and gave warranty to the 03-04 models for 3 years/60,000kms. But by now, that warranty is gone.

Dash light bulbs burn out quick especially the ones for the AC controller unit. The back lighting bulb for the Infiniti clock burnt out on me twice within a couple of years...basically once a year.

The oil does seem to be burning...there seems to be less a half litre when doing a scheduled maintenance.

For Fuel I stuck with the 91+ octane. I am sure 87 would work as much as most owners I knew would use the 89+.
Advertisement
Afour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #27
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
awesome cars
red altimas!
alpinestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #28
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Yup, Altimas and the TSX/TL are definately cheaper alternatives.
Just depends what the OP is after. Driving a head turning luxury brand, or just an all-in-all solid car.
Though personally I don't think the G35 sedan had much sex appeal until it got its facelift in the 07 model..

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopalong View Post
your car american? there is alot of problems with the infinitis that are coming up from the us, specially with electrical. you get what you pay for.

but for 03's, problems would be...radios, seat bases, door lock actuators, window regulators and a few little things. but for the engine, its bullet proof if you properly maintain it.

ps: dont buy american g's...there nothing but trouble.

Quoted for teh truth, these are the only problems I've had with my g, window regulator I fixed myself easy diy, door actuator fixed when they installed my alarm free of charge, seat base fckin cracked on me and I had to weld it back together it was sooooo wobbly and unsafe, my "high quality" Bose entertainment system has been dead for 2 years, cd err fo MSG nothing works except tape deck.

Engine like the man said is very reliable, I drove it hard from here to Montreal close to 5000k no issues whatsoever!
And OP don't bother with a first gen G sedan there are much better looking cars you can get out there in same price range.

Marco you may have bought the car from a Canadian dealership but they import cars from the US as well you should ask them where the car is from.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by G-spec; 12-15-2010 at 01:38 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestars View Post
red altimas!
Speaking of which, I have never seen a red one in person! I've only seen them in the dreadful silver and dark gray colours

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote