REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Port Mann Construction (https://www.revscene.net/forums/632685-port-mann-construction.html)

falcon 09-20-2012 07:07 PM

A local only lane would have been awesome. But doubt that's happening based on the photos if the finished lanes. The one lane that's blocked off is the bus lane.

Soundy 09-20-2012 07:18 PM

The initial idea was to twin the old bridge, but as I said, it was determined that the ongoing maintenance costs for the old span would be greater over the life of it, than simply replacing it with a whole new structure.

Mr.HappySilp 10-01-2012 02:57 PM

Port Mann Bridge toll accounts breached
The company responsible for managing the Port Mann Bridge is issuing letters to 271 people whose toll accounts have been flagged for attention because they may have been viewed by an unauthorized employee.

“There is no evidence that personal information has been compromised,” Mike Proudfoot, chief executive officer for Transportation Investment Corp., said Sunday.

The accounts were accessed by a person at the Coquitlam call centre who did not have the required authorization.

“He was immediately fired and the matter turned over to the RCMP,'” said Proudfoot.

The 271 affected accounts were created or updated over the telephone by a single customer service representative. The integrity of the electronic tolling system was never at risk and accounts created online were not affected.

Proudfoot said TI Corp employees go through screenings and criminal background checks.

“This individual is not who he claimed to be when he was hired,” Proudfoot said.
24 Hours Vancouver

LOL

melloman 10-02-2012 07:18 AM

^^ :lawl: :lawl: Phone hacking :troll:

Soundy 11-13-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Port Mann Bridge opening Dec 1st
VANCOUVER/CKNW AM980
Gord Macdonald | Email news tips to gmacdonald@cknw.com
11/13/2012

The Provincial Government has announced the new Port Mann bridge will open to eight lanes of traffic on Saturday, December 1st and tolling will commence after one free week, on Saturday, December 8th.
The Ministry of Transportation says the transition to the 8-lane bridge opening will happen gradually with Highway 1 westbound traffic shifted onto the new bridge overnight on Saturday, November 17th.
Westbound traffic will remain in a two-lane configuration until December 1st
, as crews complete widening and improvements through the Cape Horn interchange, at the north end of the bridge.
December 1st will also mark the completion of interchange improvements and highway widening east of the Port Mann bridge construction, including more than 20 kilometres new HOV lanes extending to Langley.
Local News Story - CKNW AM 980: News. Talk. Sports.

Volvo-brickster 11-13-2012 08:30 PM

^^^

with tolling starting, has anyone gotten their Treo stickers yet ?

Hondaracer 11-13-2012 08:44 PM

Got mine last week, driving a truck it goes under my mirror on the inside, dunno if it's different for cars
Posted via RS Mobile

syee 11-13-2012 09:07 PM

I stuck it a couple of inches below the mirror stem as they had suggested. It kinda looks weird though now that there's a white strip stuck right in the middle of the window.

MG1 11-13-2012 10:13 PM

Got one for both of my vehicles about a month ago. Hasn't arrived in the mail yet. Wife got hers before I did, damn it. She just went to the Treo building off Hwy 1 and got it right away.

By the sounds of it, I have to either move the dash cam or put the sticker a little off to the side or below the dash cam.

Ride 11-14-2012 12:11 AM

I hear anywhere on the windshield u put the sticker it's gonna work

stereo12 11-15-2012 12:54 AM

got 1 for my car and for my bike today.

but i hate sticking shit in my car ANYWHERE. :failed:

BlackV62K2 11-15-2012 07:03 PM

Noob question. I own two cars, if I register them both under one account, do I only get $30 credit in total for both cars?

Inb4, why dont you call and ask. I would but they are closed now. Also checked the site and couldn't find info on it.

RRxtar 11-15-2012 07:38 PM

Totally sucks you guys have to put a little sticker in your window. What an inconvenience. You should write a letter requesting they build toll booths instead!

GabAlmighty 11-15-2012 08:36 PM

Quick question but am I being billed based on the sticker on the windshield or by my licence plate?

What I mean to say is, let's say someone were to put a licence plate flipper on their vehicle yet they still retained the windshield sticker. Would said person still be charged? Furthermore, if I don't put my sticker on but use the bridge am I still entitled the low introductory rates for pre registering?

Soundy 11-15-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabAlmighty (Post 8082382)
Quick question but am I being billed based on the sticker on the windshield or by my licence plate?

What I mean to say is, let's say someone were to put a licence plate flipper on their vehicle yet they still retained the windshield sticker. Would said person still be charged?

Yes.

I know with the GEB transponder, they do have a photo of the plate as well, so for example, if you're using someone else's transponder, they'll still know who actually owns the car, in case the proper owner complains about the incorrect billing. I think they do randomly check some to make sure they match up properly, too.

We had to change plates on the Jeep but kept the same transponder and never changed the plate listed on our account... we still get billed the transponder rate and haven't got any bills based on the new plate.

Quote:

Furthermore, if I don't put my sticker on but use the bridge am I still entitled the low introductory rates for pre registering?
No.... I believe that's covered on the website.

"....you will only be eligible for discounts on the Port Mann Bridge if you have a TReO account. And this includes enjoying the low introductory toll rate until December 1, 2013"

tiger_handheld 11-15-2012 09:02 PM

I still have not received my sticker but my dad has. Should I be concerned?
Treo CSR said decals are still being mailed out =\
bridge opens in 3 weeks..

murd0c 11-15-2012 09:05 PM

I put my sticker on while driving cause I'm an idiot and I fucked up and now it's a bit crooked dammit:okay:

Presto 11-16-2012 05:12 PM

Old Port Mann Bridge shutting down TONIGHT!
Quote:

Old Port Mann Bridge closes tonight - News1130
The old bridge is being shut down ahead of schedule because of stormy weather in the weekend forecast. Two westbound lanes will be open along the new bridge until the official opening Dec. 1st.

mb_ 11-16-2012 05:15 PM

Hope tomorrow won't be a huge clusterfuck lol

jlenko 11-16-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8082421)
I put my sticker on while driving cause I'm an idiot and I fucked up and now it's a bit crooked dammit:okay:

What ever happened to paying attention while driving? :failed:

murd0c 11-16-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 8083103)
What ever happened to paying attention while driving? :failed:

When I'm standing still in rush hour there's not much to pay attention too. I have road star with not a single ticket or accident. How about you?

jlenko 11-16-2012 05:23 PM

No accidents or tickets here either guy. And my sticker's on straight. BTW.. I don't stand still in rush hour traffic either.. I take back roads so I actually enjoy the drive. Want to continue to measure penis size? Or...

Now.. back to on topic?

murd0c 11-16-2012 05:25 PM

I dunno but it sounds like you need a cookie or a hug

fliptuner 11-16-2012 05:42 PM

what time are they switching?

murd0c 11-16-2012 05:48 PM

I'm kinda disappointed they announced it so last minute. I would of taken more in when I drove to work this morning rather then staring straight and shaking my head at the idiots that were cutting in front of me.