REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 09-22-2022, 08:19 AM   #1701
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,841 Times in 8,203 Posts
The writing is so bad that I think it must be done on purpose or something. There isn't a single likeable character, other than the guests like Bruce. Everyone else is a selfish piece of shit, or just a flat out idiot. Sidekick is OK.

There is just so much wrong with the writing that I could go on forever talking about every wrong thing.. Just thinking of the last episode annoys me though so I'll stop

The acting is actually totally fine so that may be why you like it. She Hulk is fine in human form, but the Hulk form is like 90's era quality CGI. The character is a horrible person though, and a complete fucking moron based on how she's written.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:56 AM   #1702
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
She Hulk's writing is nowhere close to award-winning, but I thought the episodes I've watched so far are fun and light-hearted. I agree that I enjoy the various cameos more than the main show itself -- Wong and Blonsky, in particular, have both been excellent. As an MCU fan, it is good to keep tabs on what other MCU characters are doing / will be doing too.

I stayed up to watch episode 1 of Andor last night, and I have to say I did not enjoy how the show was directed. The only 2 things I was able get out of the episode were:
Spoiler!

Maybe that was the goal the directors were aiming for? The acting and the re-creation of the SW universe were good, but I didn't quite enjoy that 1st episode thus far.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:12 AM   #1703

The thing that had me engaged with Andor after 1 episode was the set design and costuming. It had a very old school Star Wars look, like it was actually filmed around the time of the original trilogy. They hid the CGI very well most of the time. A few times it stood out but it was good overall. The actor who plays the villain is very good at the role.

Are the flashbacks supposed to be subtitled? Disney+ is usually good at using forced subs, but they didn't turn on so I assume we're just not supposedd to know exactly what they're saying.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:09 AM   #1704

Yeah, the set design and costuming were very well done in Andor, and now that you've mentioned it, I agree with you about how a lot of the scenes had the Episode IV - VI feel to it, probably more so with Episode IV than the subsequent two.

I had subtitle turned on, but the flashbacks were not meaningfully subtitles. At best, it indicates the speaking character's name and maybe a very brief description of what the person was actually doing --

eg. So-and-so named girl : [scolds Kazza]

I can obviously understand the gist of what was going on during those flashbacks, but I feel like I would be more into and appreciate those scenes more if there were actual subtitles being shown.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2022, 03:22 AM   #1705
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,397 Times in 5,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The writing is so bad that I think it must be done on purpose or something. There isn't a single likeable character, other than the guests like Bruce. Everyone else is a selfish piece of shit, or just a flat out idiot. Sidekick is OK.

There is just so much wrong with the writing that I could go on forever talking about every wrong thing.. Just thinking of the last episode annoys me though so I'll stop

The acting is actually totally fine so that may be why you like it. She Hulk is fine in human form, but the Hulk form is like 90's era quality CGI. The character is a horrible person though, and a complete fucking moron based on how she's written.
I’m pretty sure it’s suppose to be that kind of campy, not serious tone about the writing as opposed to the typical try-hard stay in the marvel universe most of the shows are written around
Old 09-23-2022, 06:27 AM   #1706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I’m pretty sure it’s suppose to be that kind of campy, not serious tone about the writing as opposed to the typical try-hard stay in the marvel universe most of the shows are written around
Sure but for that you have Guardians, Ant Man, Thor, Loki, Spiderman... Even a lot of Dr Strange

They are really quite good at that campy goofball stuff. I do like it a lot better than the super serious stuff they do with Avengers.

I won't beat a dead horse from here... But it's so bad lol. OK done
Old 09-23-2022, 01:50 PM   #1707
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,766 Times in 908 Posts
Quote:
Lol really? I thought it’s more entertaining than almost anything Marvel has put out in the last few years. I’d say outside of endgame and no way home it’s the best of the last 3-4 years.
It's more entertaining than the stuff in the past few years isn't really saying much though cause most of it has been pretty bad too imo. That said I've been watching She-Hulk as a put in the background and not pay attention show and so far I really don't care for it at all but since I'm putting zero investment into it its been fine in that regard.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 04:03 PM   #1708
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,846 Times in 1,781 Posts
Monster: The Jeffery Dahmer Story

Like watching a non-fiction horror movie.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:08 AM   #1709
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
can't believe andor is only 3 episodes, seems so incomplete, but i guess it ties in to rebel one.

i was waiting for the chief to come back to all these and be like w-t-f you only had ONE job!!!!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:31 AM   #1710

Wait, the whole thing is 3 episodes? It's not just starting with the first 3, then 7 more weekly?
Old 09-25-2022, 09:38 AM   #1711
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
i started watching late (was thinking i'd let it build up so i can binge), and when there was only 3, i googled it and wiki lists 3 only

i hope i'm wrong, i kind of want to see how things pan out for mr keener

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:21 AM   #1712
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,609 Times in 1,736 Posts
There will be more episodes

They released it the same way a lot of these shows are released (Rings of Power for example). Throw out a few in the beginning then pivot to weekly episodes.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 12:13 PM   #1713

Andor is supposed to have 12 episodes in the first season, with a 2nd season coming later down the line as well. But then 2 seasons in total is it, as we all know Cassian died in Rogue One.

I actually find it mildly awkward that Diego Luna looks slightly but still noticeably older in Andor when Rogue One is supposed to happen 5 yrs after Andor LOL~
Old 09-25-2022, 12:18 PM   #1714

Will season 1 lead right into Rogue One? If so I might watch that movie again after it's over
Old 09-27-2022, 08:43 PM   #1715
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Monster: The Jeffery Dahmer Story

Like watching a non-fiction horror movie.
saw the first ep, looks good.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 08:33 PM   #1716

I watched episode 6 of Andor last night, and I must say the director knocked it out of the park.

I didn't really enjoy the first 2 episodes. Things improved in episodes 3 and 4, but I still found the pacing and plot progression to be too slow. But episode 5 was when things really started getting good. Plot progression was still slow -- perhaps even slower than episode 3 and 4, but the story telling and tension build up were excellent. And then in episode 6, everything came together. The tension build up continues, but it was also a thrilling and nail-biting ride. At the same time, one particular scene still managed to be jaw-droppingly beautiful that it absolutely blew my mind.

Episodes 5 and 6 are so good that I really want to find time to re-watch them again.

At the same time, I am aware that some people found the whole series to be extremely boring. I can see why they would think that -- it isn't a pew pew pew and lightsaber swinging type of Star Wars story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I stayed up to watch episode 1 of Andor last night, and I have to say I did not enjoy how the show was directed. The only 2 things I was able get out of the episode were:
Spoiler!

Maybe that was the goal the directors were aiming for? The acting and the re-creation of the SW universe were good, but I didn't quite enjoy that 1st episode thus far.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:17 AM   #1717

Andor is REALLY FUCKING GOOD

Best Star Wars content since I don't know when. Mando is good too but in a different way. That's more of a tacky pulp show, this is just excellent sci-fi, heist, drama, can't wait to see how the second half goes.

Even during the slow periods, my god just sit back and look at it. Look at the costumes, look at the sets. The show is just spectacular to soak in if you're an old school Star Wars fan. It's like the prequels and Disney shit just never happened, and they just kept making movies using actual stuff... like lights and doors and things that move instead of green screens and CGI for every single thing. Even when there is CGI, it is done really well. The only thing I don't really like is the digital camera shake
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2022, 10:10 AM   #1718

Rings of Power on prime is better than all the Hobbit movies lol

Funny Peter Jackson was crying about how they didn’t involve him, they did a wayyy better job than you did lol. Fantastic series I give credit to Amazon for what looks to be pushing the budget to all sorts of extremes. This would be a grade A Hollywood blockbuster if it was a movie
Old 10-19-2022, 10:35 AM   #1719
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Rings of Power on prime is better than all the Hobbit movies lol
The series was beautifully shot. But the story progressed at a snail's pace which was disappointing. If this wasn't a LOTR series, I'm pretty sure I would have dropped it mid way.

If you just need a fantasy type fix, the Witcher series is miles better than this. Too bad the release date got postponed.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 10:37 AM   #1720

I was a lot more engaged in rings of power than the last Witcher season. Couldn’t keep my eyes open
Old 10-19-2022, 11:17 AM   #1721

That's funny you liked it, I would never have guessed that coming from you Honda.

I personally hated the show, woke badly written garbage (and I'm a woke guy LOL).

"Guylandria" is a such a shit character, the whole show is so badly written I can't believe how much they spent on that turd.

In comparison the new Game of Thrones has been fantastic.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:02 PM   #1722

lol I kinda just turned off my brain to the obvious woke parts, black hobbits? Ehhhhh lol
Old 10-19-2022, 03:25 PM   #1723

I stopped watching LOTR after episode 4. Watching elves talk in front of a green screen for an hour was

Andor keeps getting better

Game of Thrones 2 still very good. But aside from Viserys there's no other GREAT characters.. Some good ones but nothing like they had in the first 1 or 2 seasons of the original series.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #1724

You don't like Daemon?

It's crazy how each episode for this new Rings of Power were something like $70 million an episode, meanwhile all the shots seem to be in front of a greenscreen and very little on actual location.
Old 10-19-2022, 05:12 PM   #1725

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,228 Posts
House of the Dragon has been great so far. I don't know if I want to bother with the LOTR series all I keep hearing is how woke it is which is pretty off-putting. Theres almost too many shows to keep up with now so I need to filter out the trash.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote