REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-19-2022, 08:51 PM   #1726
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
You don't like Daemon?

It's crazy how each episode for this new Rings of Power were something like $70 million an episode, meanwhile all the shots seem to be in front of a greenscreen and very little on actual location.
He's OK.. But think of all the characters in early GOT... Tyrion, Arya, Cersei, Hound, Varys, Jaime, Ned Stark, and several more.. There's so many GREAT characters even in the first couple seasons.

Daemon is a good character (so far, maybe he gets better as it goes on). Rhaenys had a pretty great episode last time too.. There's still potential but I don't see how they would ever be able to match
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 09:57 AM   #1727
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,341 Times in 5,649 Posts
Well yea all those characters were actually well developed in the books before the series ever saw light. They also spent some significant time in the early series of GoT building those characters at the expense of completely cutting out other ones (zombie cat stark etc)

Not really a surprise this new series is lacking the depth, although with that said I haven’t watched it yet
Old 10-20-2022, 01:13 PM   #1728
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,766 Posts
So did everyone get the message from Netflix about "profile transfer"?

I hear they're gearing up to charge extra for multiple households sharing an account.

I barely watch Netflix anymore, I've pretty much exhausted everything in their catalog that I care to watch, I keep the account around for my parents and sister since they share.

If this goes ahead I'm cancelling my account.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 05:01 PM   #1729
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
I think a lot of people will.

Apparently they're going by IP Address, but how would that work with VPN? Or what if someone wants to use their Netflix in multiple different locations (not just at home)?

They already have a maximum viewable limit on accounts, so this move is pretty stupid on their part.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 05:02 PM   #1730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Well yea all those characters were actually well developed in the books before the series ever saw light. They also spent some significant time in the early series of GoT building those characters at the expense of completely cutting out other ones (zombie cat stark etc)

Not really a surprise this new series is lacking the depth, although with that said I haven’t watched it yet
Yeah I've been saying there are pros and cons to this series being a more narrow focused story compared to the original GOT.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:03 PM   #1731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
So did everyone get the message from Netflix about "profile transfer"?

I hear they're gearing up to charge extra for multiple households sharing an account.

I barely watch Netflix anymore, I've pretty much exhausted everything in their catalog that I care to watch, I keep the account around for my parents and sister since they share.

If this goes ahead I'm cancelling my account.
Yeah my brother uses my account.. If they block him he can get his own, it's fine. I don't see any reason to cancel mine out of spite.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:52 AM   #1732

So finished Andor last night.. pretty entertaining although series VS series I liked rings of power a lot more

What drives me fucking crazy about the scenes is when they finally got into the base and they don’t just kill everyone they come into contact with lol.. lole thay seems the most unbelievable part of the whole thing even outside of all the wacky space shit lol
Old 10-21-2022, 08:51 AM   #1733
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
They can't just start killing people on the base because they need the vault staff to help them transport the goods! It isn't a kill mission -- it's a heist after all.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #1734

They 100% would have killed all the guards with the chancellor or whatever when they first entered, as well as all the people in the control tower etc.

They all saw their faces and they left them all alive. The wife and the kid too
Old 10-21-2022, 09:30 AM   #1735
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I think a lot of people will.

Apparently they're going by IP Address, but how would that work with VPN? Or what if someone wants to use their Netflix in multiple different locations (not just at home)?

They already have a maximum viewable limit on accounts, so this move is pretty stupid on their part.
It's the new age of cable tv.

Don't really care though, I cancelled my Netflix subscription already.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2022, 11:23 AM   #1736

Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,766 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't really be cancelling out of spite, just out of lack of use.

Like I said, I barely use netflix myself anymore but I keep it around since parents and sister may use it, although I don't even know much they actually do.

That's actually the only reason I pay for the premium package, to get the extra connections (I don't even own a 4K capable device).

So if they do this, I really won't have much reason to keep it around anymore (not really sure if parents and sister will bother to sign up for their own). Certainly at the very least it'll be a downgrade to the standard plan.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:49 PM   #1737
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,382 Times in 1,230 Posts
It's funny, we'll pay $16 or whatever a month for Netflix to keep around to watch a show we might be interested maybe a week each month. Then it just sits unused most of the time. Their original movie creations are pretty crappy and we've already watched most of the oldie but goodie ones in the library. But I'll balk at paying any amount to purchase another show on another streaming platform and just resort to torrenting that bitch.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #1738

Don't forget that Netflix will be starting it's $5.99/month ad-supported tier starting on Nov 1. For low usage people, that might be a perfectly acceptable option instead of their regular full blown plans.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:53 PM   #1739

It really depends on your viewing tastes.. My wife likes all those weird European sci fi and mystery shows, and her sister a lot of anime, and we all watch whatever big shows together. And of course Star Trek TNG over and over. We get a ton of mileage out of Netflix

Disney+, we mostly watch whatever the Marvel/Star Wars series of the month is. It's hit and miss but still worth it. I guess we could just pirate it but this is easier. We also watch old ABC TV series from the 2000's.. Did a rewatch of Ugly Betty and now watching Revenge. Those would be hard to track down in good quality on torrent.

People (not saying you guys) are acting like Netflix is causing this huge offense to their lives.. Like just unsubscribe if you don't like it and their policies. No biggie.
Old 10-21-2022, 10:04 PM   #1740

Just came across this oldie-but-goodie on YouTube:

Mobile Suit Gundam -- 08th MS Team

As a Gundam fan, this is my all-time favourite Gundam series. Bandai occassionally does this with their old series, and make them available for watching on YouTube for a limited time. So if you have some interest on Gundam / mecha stuff, but haven't seen this one before, it is FANTASTIC!

The entire series is available here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CR8o3HpUN_zKOx

Although in theory, there is an additional filler / summary type episode, as well as a short that is also from this series, but they didn't get included in the YT playlist. The short can be seen here:

but it is an unofficial upload.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2022, 01:48 AM   #1741

GOT II finale came out early. It's pretty shit quality but I couldn't wait

Fuck now I have to wait for season 2
Old 10-23-2022, 01:30 AM   #1742
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
GOT II finale came out early. It's pretty shit quality but I couldn't wait

Fuck now I have to wait for season 2
There's a 1080P version and it was totally fine perhaps you came across a shitty one instead

Agreed though fuck now I've got to wait haha. I had high hopes for this series and it exceeded them. Now the wait begins sigh

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 02:11 AM   #1743

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
There's a 1080P version and it was totally fine perhaps you came across a shitty one instead

Agreed though fuck now I've got to wait haha. I had high hopes for this series and it exceeded them. Now the wait begins sigh
There's only the one.. Original is from NOGRP it's bad (3400 kbps video) but if you're OK with bad quality there's nothing wrong with that

IMO if anyone reads this and hasn't seen it yet, might as well wait one more day for a proper version. There are some scenes with a lot of clouds/smoke that the low bitrate eats shit on. HBO original bitrate is 8250 kbps for 1080p video, 18,000 kbps for 4K

Series is so good.. But fuck man, all Targaryen men are such creepos.. Except King Viserys
Old 10-23-2022, 07:01 AM   #1744
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Just came across this oldie-but-goodie on YouTube:

Mobile Suit Gundam -- 08th MS Team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISsWc5nVUDo

As a Gundam fan, this is my all-time favourite Gundam series. Bandai occassionally does this with their old series, and make them available for watching on YouTube for a limited time. So if you have some interest on Gundam / mecha stuff, but haven't seen this one before, it is FANTASTIC!

The entire series is available here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CR8o3HpUN_zKOx

Although in theory, there is an additional filler / summary type episode, as well as a short that is also from this series, but they didn't get included in the YT playlist. The short can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/gmpxhFTBg0M

but it is an unofficial upload.
My god thanks for bringing back from old memories of this. 08th MS Team is also my favourite series out of them all. Gritty, boots on the ground tactical warfare. Actual team based strategies, you got scouts and snipers and all that. None of the impossible-physics and hero theatrics that you tend to get with of the normal stuff.

Also never seen that little short before either. That Gouf Flight-type has to rank as one of the best designed mobile suits of all time. Too bad it was used as cannon-fodder for most of the series.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 08:33 AM   #1745
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
There's only the one.. Original is from NOGRP it's bad (3400 kbps video) but if you're OK with bad quality there's nothing wrong with that

IMO if anyone reads this and hasn't seen it yet, might as well wait one more day for a proper version. There are some scenes with a lot of clouds/smoke that the low bitrate eats shit on. HBO original bitrate is 8250 kbps for 1080p video, 18,000 kbps for 4K

Series is so good.. But fuck man, all Targaryen men are such creepos.. Except King Viserys
Not a video junkie I don't talk in bitrate language but honestly from the naked eye most people can't tell a difference for most of the episode imo.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"

Last edited by winson604; 10-23-2022 at 09:24 AM.
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 12:14 PM   #1746

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Not a video junkie I don't talk in bitrate language but honestly from the naked eye most people can't tell a difference for most of the episode imo.
I only gave the bitrates to take personal opinions out of it.. It's objectively worse than HBO, by like 3x. If you can't tell the difference, that's great!

I lived with it because I couldn't wait
Old 10-25-2022, 02:31 PM   #1747

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I binged House of Dragons over 2 days, enjoyed it for sure. Debating whether I'll watch the LOTR show on amazon.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 09:25 PM   #1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Also never seen that little short before either. That Gouf Flight-type has to rank as one of the best designed mobile suits of all time. Too bad it was used as cannon-fodder for most of the series.
I'm getting all geeky now -- but if you're a fan of the Gouf Flight Type, have you read / watch Gundam Thunderbolt? In the later story arcs where the protagnoists started meeting the Buddist cult, the Gouf Flight Type is widely in use, and it is pretty bada$$.
Old 10-25-2022, 10:19 PM   #1749
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Peripheral on amazon prime, I've only seen the pilot but its good! I think the people involved in Westworld are behind the show or something, anyhow really digging it, but it's on a weekly episode release, there's only two eps out atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I binged House of Dragons over 2 days, enjoyed it for sure. Debating whether I'll watch the LOTR show on amazon.
I actually preferred Ring of Power over House of the Dragon. Hotd just seemed like squabbling frienemies taking the whole season to build up to something for season 2
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2022, 10:26 PM   #1750

I saw on Reddit that She-Hulk is is badly written on purpose, and there's a storyline reason for it. If that's true, it's totally mind blowing. So I am going to finish the series since the episodes are short.

Episode 6 was fucking stupid, but knowing that it's really bad on purpse with awful writing and horrible characters, I am still curious to see how this ends up. Plus I want to see Daredevil
This post thanked by: