REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   unfair ticket issued by irsu rcmp (https://www.revscene.net/forums/636051-unfair-ticket-issued-irsu-rcmp.html)

po.chac.co 01-25-2011 09:34 PM

unfair ticket issued by irsu rcmp

so im driving the car with a novice license and in the car with me are my sister and her 2 friends. been driving for almost a year now with no warnings or anything. driving home after picking my sister up from school and not even 3 blocks from the school, theres a road check, so i get pulled over just cos i had one too many people in the car. the officer also noted that everyone in the back wasnt wearing seatbelts, but he pretty much pulled me over for having 1 extra people in the car. he did not give me a warning and did not give me a chance and just immediately issued me a ticket for 109$

is there anything i can do to avoid paying? cos its pretty lame
or should i pay within the 30 days for 25$ less?

my mom personally think its total bs and tells me not to pay and wait to see what they do...

any solution would be appreciated, thanks

illicitstylz 01-25-2011 09:38 PM

1- over the limit on passengers , CHECK

pay the fine, you're clearly in the wrong. you're lucky he let you off without a ticket for no seatbelts already.

ps. you're mom is total bs.

solution? live up to your responsibilities and pay it.

Solo_D33A 01-25-2011 09:40 PM

You did something wrong, cop caught you, found you have more things wrong, give you a ticket proportionate to your offenses, what's wrong with that?

gars 01-25-2011 09:52 PM

I guess we can see where you learned your attitude from. Go ahead, if you don't want to pay, you can forgo the pay-early period where you can save yourself a bit of money ($25 is it?). Wait and see what happens when you try to renew your licence.

Prolowtone 01-25-2011 10:02 PM

1. Just pay early and save yourself the extra money. 2. Avoid the bs, Warn your passengers to wear their seat belts as you are responsible for their safety when in your car. 3. Pay attention to how many people are in your car. They are easy rules to folow

Not really racist! 01-25-2011 10:03 PM

This is when I wish the Police Forum had a fail button.

metal 01-25-2011 11:19 PM

^Right when I read the OP, I looked in the right corner to find the fail button and was disappointed. :(

Raid3n 01-25-2011 11:26 PM

iirc if the passengers are over 16, they get issued the no seat belt ticket, not the driver. but you should make sure your passengers wear them anyway.... they become deadly missiles in a serious crash if they aren't.

but i agree with everyone, you were not following your restrictions, and got caught. own up to your mistakes and pay the fine. if you don't pay, you can't renew your license, you can't go for your class 5 test, you can't begin or renew insurance, and i am sure after a certain amount of time, they will start charging you interest.

bcedhk 01-25-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenryuubito (Post 7279756)
so im driving the car with a novice license and in the car with me are my sister and her 2 friends. been driving for almost a year now with no warnings or anything. driving home after picking my sister up from school and not even 3 blocks from the school, theres a road check, so i get pulled over just cos i had one too many people in the car. the officer also noted that everyone in the back wasnt wearing seatbelts, but he pretty much pulled me over for having 1 extra people in the car. he did not give me a warning and did not give me a chance and just immediately issued me a ticket for 109$

my mom personally think its total bs and tells me not to pay and wait to see what they do...

your mom's right, don't pay for the ticket, also ignore the extra penalties.

then we can have 1 less idiot driver off the road.

Pay the ticket and write a thank you letter to the officer for not giving you extra shit for your passengers not having seatbelt.

baggdis300 01-26-2011 12:21 AM

waaaaait a minute...

you broke the law, and now think that you breaking the law is bullshit?

are you ever ignorant

i guess your one of those people who NEVER have anything has anything happen to and then curse the world when something happens to YOU

pay the fine because you obviously were 100% at fault and caught in the act

and the fact that you think you are entitled to a warning? LOL driving is a privilege not a right.

the part about your mother agreeing with you is pretty messed up........*shakes head*

wing_woo 01-26-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggdis300 (Post 7280041)
the part about your mother agreeing with you is pretty messed up........*shakes head*

Maybe she just indirectly wants to teach him a lesson about responsibility and what happens when you don't own up to your mistakes...hehe

gdoh 01-26-2011 09:03 AM

you know your not supposed to have more than 1 passenger unless immediate family =| so you run the risk at your own fault. wow you have been driving for a year thats a very long time :speechless:how bout you stop being all butthurt, pay the ticket and save 25$

Greenstoner 01-26-2011 09:15 AM

tell your sister friend to chip in, even taxi driver deseves to get paid

CRS 01-26-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenstoner (Post 7280220)
tell your sister friend to chip in, even taxi driver deseves to get paid

This.

If they are any kind of friends, they will help pay a portion of the ticket. Everyone should pay 1/x (x being the number of people in the vehicle) of the ticket since everyone is partially responsible.

Your responsible being you chose to drive them knowing that you have a restriction and they are responsible for getting into your car instead of taking the bus/walking/taxi.

Again, if they are any kind of friends, they will not let you take the only blow fromt this.

InvisibleSoul 01-26-2011 11:05 AM

So exactly what leads you to think that you should have gotten off with a warning?

Dragon-88 01-26-2011 11:38 AM

You know how easy it is to not get a ticket? Pretty damn easy, Its called following the rules.. Just like in school, you dont get in trouble if you follow the rules... Another thing you should do is read the back of your license everytime you get in the car. Because if you dont understand what it says on the back you shouldnt be driving...

MindBomber 01-26-2011 12:07 PM

It sounds like your Mom passed on her genetics for a low IQ to her children, you violated the restrictions of your license and as a result you got a ticket. Your just lucky you weren't in an accident, because your insurance would have been void.

If you don't pay they won't allow you to insure a car in your name when it comes time to renew, does your Mom think they would just forget?

Also, you didn't just get a fine you were given three points, so any more tickets and you'll lose your license.

MrGoodbar 01-26-2011 12:25 PM

this reminds me of the thread in fight club about some guy getting pissed off because he didn't have a transit pass to ride the skytrain.

Better read your restrictions on your N00b driver's license, Junior. You've been served, fairly at that.

I find it funny that your mom thinks that it's BS. Go ahead and listen to her, mother knows best all the time. :rolleyes:

Dragon-88 01-26-2011 01:22 PM

LOL His moms response doesnt even surprise me.. I mean it is a richmond mom. LOL.. Shes probably the type that door dings and thinks its the others persons fault for parking next to her...

jackmeister 01-26-2011 01:48 PM

Which part of 1 passenger excluding family member did you not understand?

take the bus man, you can take 40 friends with you without a bs ticket.

- kT 01-26-2011 04:47 PM

such an ignorant and arrogant idiot

i don't understand what your mentality is. "unfair" ticket? how was the ticket issued unfair by any stretch of imagination? you should've received multiple fines. the only way this is unfair is that you didn't receive fines for every law that you broke

x2 to wishing the police forums had a fail button

skidmark 01-26-2011 05:10 PM

Actually, you got off lighter on the penalty for this as the seatbelt fine is higher. If the other people in your car were under 16, you get the ticket for that.

GrapeDrink 01-26-2011 05:21 PM

dude how was that an unfair ticket? when I saw the title I thought you meant the cop charged you with something you didn't do .. why do you think you are entitled to a warning ? and lol @ what your mom thinks, just because shes ignorant doesn't mean its okay, please provide a rebuttal I await your argument :troll:

Fafine 01-26-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenryuubito (Post 7279756)

ignore it and it will go away

Soundy 01-26-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 7279806)
This is when I wish the Police Forum had a fail button.

There's always this: :failed:

Wow, this thread is awesome, I don't think I've ever seen such unanimity in a complete blasting of an idiot OP.

Yes, the ticket is totally fair. More than fair, in fact, since you skipped on the seatbelt tickets.

No, you can't avoid paying it - eventually, you WILL have to pay up, one way or another.

No, it's not lame... YOU are lame.