REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #26
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
that is my greatest fear.. (and i dont even know if it even makes sense). i have a co worker who makes i think $40 and hour and he cant afford to buy new shit (like a car or apartment (he rents)) cuz he's divorced and has to pay child support and i dont know what else..

is that something i need to worry about?

like making alot of money then some woman comes.. marry.. then divorce and you lose everything you had.

i mean i heard you can sign some paper (mutually) to get that shit straightened out.. but that also sound strange to me (trust issue)

whats your take?
a prenuptial agreement?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenuptial_agreement

This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 8,510 Times in 799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
do u think its wrong of me to actually want something like this in the near future (im single now and still young (2nd year uni))

i wanna find someone who gets their own job that can support themselves..

if the situation arises that we do separate i dont wanna have to be legally obligated to lessen my life financially for the rest of my life

i mean ill probably help her if she needs it but i dont wanna get tied for life

if that makes sense..
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #28
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
We talked about it, and after many arguments, she agreed that I can come see her whenever I have time. And in all honesty, I don't have that much time. But I try to make it a priority to see her a few times during the weekdays, or if she's busy with homework then I just come drop off some bubble tea or whatever and just hang around for half an hour as opposed to 2 or 3 hours.
But compromise is key, right?
At least you try to make it a priority to see her, even if you don’t have time. No one should be crazy enough to make you choose work, hanging out with friends, or some personal relaxing time over her. Good for you for finding a balance in your life to include your girl. Can’t say the same for some immature, sad-excuse-for-a-man men.

Bitter and handing out props to real men.
unperfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Last edited by mkings; 03-12-2011 at 06:31 PM.
mkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #30
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Well I am working full time, providing support financially for a good 5 years now. My girlfriend is still in school 10+ years since high school. She's getting her second degree, then trying to get into Physio or Psychology/Counselling.

As day to day, it is very difficult having one person working and one person going to school. Financially, I can't have all the things I want which sucks, and I can't save as much as I could if two people worked. This is important, because one, I haven't really gone to many vacations as I would have liked. I've probably been to only 3 in the 10 years. I have a mortgage, food, 4 pets, and bills to pay. So basically, I'm not saving much at the end of the month even though I have a decent job.

I'm just hoping at the end of the day - it pays off. But of course, that is hope. But there is also realization that your partner is there with you and realize how much support you have given them.

It's a lot of work having one person working and the other not working. If you can get with someone who is already well into their career, you can have a great life together.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #31
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

If you are tight financially, you really should not have 4 pets. Pets can be expensive.
GeneralCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:03 AM   #32
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
depends how much you love them.

some people love their careers more than their significant others, and there's nothing you can do about it other than stop being clingy and just play the silent puppy role and suck it up.

some people love their significant others more than anything else in the world and would sacrifice every last penny in the bank and atom in their body to maintain the relationship.

lol compromise and all that meeting in the middle shit, only sometimes works.

if something isnt working out, it's cuz you guys had different expectations. u gotta sort that out first.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
If your in a relationship already, gotta be careful prioritizing your time in what is important in your life. If you are single, figure out and get your career going with stable-ness first. Relationships don't put food on the table for you at the end of the day.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #34
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCho View Post
If you are tight financially, you really should not have 4 pets. Pets can be expensive.
yeah no kidding. well she already had 2 cats before we met, and we found this old dog roaming on the street so we couldn't leave him there. but we adopoted one dog. maybe i could've held off of that one.

there's always certain circumstances that leave you with something that you originally didn't desire.

that's how life works, so we all deal.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote