REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   FOUND: Stray Dog, Please Read (https://www.revscene.net/forums/636871-found-stray-dog-please-read.html)

97ITR 02-04-2011 03:17 PM

I just called them, the dog doesn't have a tattoo in it's ear....

PJ 02-04-2011 03:37 PM

Good on you. Cute dog.

spoon.ek9 02-04-2011 04:54 PM

thanks for all the comments guys. all i did was what i would hope another person would do if my dogs were found missing :)

i've already got a friend thinking about adopting the little guy if no one claims him!

murd0c 02-04-2011 04:57 PM

Good on you man, it's all about paying it forward. This world would be a better place if more people did thing's like you did. Your parents should be proud of you right now!!

PiuYi 02-04-2011 05:07 PM

thanked you on behalf of the dog

Hondaracer 02-04-2011 05:10 PM

me and a buddy picked up a lost german sheperd not too long ago, thing was gonna get hit by a car so my buddy got the dog to get into the back seat of his EG and drove it down the street to his house lol

we phoned the number on the tag and an elderly asian man who couldnt speak english picked up, we tried to explain we had his dog but the guy only replied with somthing that sounded like

"hah hah hah no dog, no dog"

so we were like ahhh ok wtf.. is this guy just like letting his dog go free cause he doesnt want it anymore? lol

later on in the day the guys son phoned back and came and picked up his dog haha

murd0c 02-04-2011 05:20 PM

The g/f does that all the time. She has stopped in the middle of the free way to grab a dog before. In Sep she worked for DFO in Harrison and she said one morning she was driving down Harrison Mills road and she saw a hit coyote on the road and actually got out moved it to the ditch and called SPCA when she got to the parking lot. I was speechless when she told me that one.

BMW135i 02-04-2011 05:32 PM

Glad you picked him/her up or else he/she will be wandering around under the rain.

Good job :hotbaby:

Vansterdam 02-04-2011 05:36 PM

My friend found a lost stray 2 days ago in our work parking lot during his lunch

Wet and scared, he checked the tags and called the owner who lived a couple blocks away

Poor dog ran across broadway probably thru traffic all scared

Good to see it being returned to it's owner
Posted via RS Mobile

baggdis300 02-04-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 7292694)
Most dogs are registered and have a chip in their ear. This way when a stray dog (without ID tags) is picked up by the SPCA, they can get in contact with the owner.

dude, its NOT in the ear its between the shoulder blades, now the tattoo is on the ear.......

Senna4ever 02-04-2011 05:56 PM

I hope the owner finds him. My dog went missing may years ago, and the hardest part is not knowing what happened to him.

On another note, saw this a while ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/PICT2994.jpg

Soundy 02-04-2011 06:07 PM

http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/revscene/caring.jpg

Phil@rise 02-04-2011 06:16 PM

I live in the area and my daughter goes to SLS when I get home I'll ask her if any of her friends are missing their dog.

Airtrackz 02-04-2011 06:55 PM

Good job man!

dat_steve 02-04-2011 10:13 PM

http://www.maniacworld.com/internet-bro-fist.jpg

wow good on you for taking initiative!
i would go ape shit balls if anything happened to my dogs

Sunfighter 02-04-2011 11:08 PM

Props for being such a human man!!!! One of the best posts I'v seen on RS in 10+ years.

darkfroggy 02-05-2011 12:18 AM

Anyone melt when they saw the dog's picture?

ac87 02-05-2011 02:18 AM

i found a dog around #3 and blundell. He looks like he's from a family too. listened to everything i told him. I gave him food and a bath only to find lots of knots in his hair. the day after i brought him to the SPCA. they couldn't find any chip on him so they just kept him there. i kept in contact with the spca to see how the dog was and it turned out that the owners did contact the spca and decided to abandon the dog. thankfully he was just adorable and was later on taken in by another family.

dimdiu 02-05-2011 09:04 AM

we need more ppl like you...one time i went down to a supermarket just to grab something and it was snowing quite heavy and here this korean girl leaving her dog outside the supermarket and nothing more than a tiny jacket. The dog is all wet and shaking and i tried giving the dog my scarf but the dog won't take it, so i just stood there and 20 min laters the girl came out with groceries and took the dog home as if nothing happened...was actually speechless

i am glad you actually took care of the dog, props to you and thank you for being such a good person.

spoon.ek9 02-05-2011 10:10 AM

well, the first 24hrs have passed since lil fella found me. so far no leads but i'm positive this guy will have a happy ending with either his original owners or an adoptive family!

i must say, i'm quite overwhelmed by all this support by RS. it makes me proud to be a part of RS when you all show you care like this :thumbsup:

5400th post! woot

Phil@rise 02-05-2011 10:18 AM

I asked my kid and she knows of no one missing their dog but she'll ask around school on mondya

TOPEC 02-05-2011 11:46 AM

any more pics? hope u find the ower soon, and lets just hope the real owner didnt abandon him/her.

rubencruz 02-05-2011 12:33 PM

thats awsome, cute dog.

Mercy 02-05-2011 12:56 PM

How can anyone be so cruel to an animal. I mean leaving their dog in the snow and rain for 30 minutes and not even care? Abandoning dogs by just letting them go? How can people be such fucking monsters. It just makes me so mad. Sadly I don't have a dog. No room in my small condo. But I do have a cat and I treat her as if she were my sister. The thought of leaving her outside of her being cold hungry and sad just makes me start to tear up. Man thank you for helping the dog. There's very little I can say about how much I appreciate your help of something that was so helpless. I feel in in my heart. Thank you.
Posted via RS Mobile

twitchyzero 02-05-2011 02:59 PM

OP should try visiting taiwan..buncha stray dogs there...unfortunately many are diseased