REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #76
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,282 Times in 1,635 Posts
^ it's a welsh corgi! i love how short his little legs are haha. the dog is probably 40+ lbs so he's actually pretty hefty and waddles a little when he walks

if my friend doesn't end up adopting him, i will try my best to convince my family to accept him. i've already got 2 large dogs at home so a 3rd dog would be interesting to say the least lol.
Advertisement
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #77
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Corgis are amazing dogs, we had one growing up, and doggie-sat another one for about six months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #78
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
good job man.
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #79
I subscribe to Revscene

this thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like chicken noodle soup and vodka on a cold morning after.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #80
xxx

I wish I was the one who found the dog and that the whole situation plays out in the exact same way except i get to adopt it.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #81
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pK-diU- View Post
this thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like chicken noodle soup and vodka on a cold morning after.
Ahahahahaah that's disgusting

edit: SIGGED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 02-11-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #82
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
Found the owner yet? Wtf is the owner doing. Shouldn't they be contacting SPCA immediately about a their missing dog with the picture? I feel like the process shouldn't take this long is the owner is actively searching for it. That dog is probably happier staying at your place.

Props to you. Fck the owner.
How do you know that the owner could be elderly and fell and is the hospital in serious condition? They may not even know about the dog as they may be out of it or in no condition to move. So before saying F the owner, there might actually be a valid reason.
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #83
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

^ the problem with that theory is it would have to be an extreme case.

at this point, the only situation i would find plausible is that the owner lives alone, has zero friends or family, is in a coma and the dog somehow broke out of it's house/backyard.

why? because SOMEONE must know about this dog. even if they're in hospital, they would be concerned about the dog's welfare, especially if there's no one else to take care of him. i find it extremely odd that the dog had it's collar on but all of it's tags were not present. i find it suspicious that the dog has had enough time to develop a bladder infection. it's also been an entire week since i found the dog and still no one has come forth as it's owner.

if your dog goes missing (and you love it), you call shelters, call the SPCA, print posters to find him, patrol the streets on foot, by car, by ANY means to find that lost member of your family.

so really, after a bit of logical thinking, it really makes the owner(s) seem like heartless monsters who simply gave up on taking care of an adorable dog. until i see proof otherwise, F the owner.
Spoiler!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #84
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

i hope you end up adopting the dog. def deserves an awesome owner like you!!

on a side note..
(")_(")
wobuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #85
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
if my friend doesn't end up adopting him, i will try my best to convince my family to accept him. i've already got 2 large dogs at home so a 3rd dog would be interesting to say the least lol.
Correct me if I'm wrong... but if I remember correctly there's a bylaw in the City of Richmond that limits each household to a maximum of two dogs?

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #86
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

^ according to a 2005 bylaw pdf i found:

2.3 Dogs

2.3.1 General Prohibition

2.3.1.1 A person in a one-family dwelling or a two-family dwelling must not permit more than three dogs to be kept in such unit at any time.

thanks for pointing that out, i actually had no idea there was an imposed limit.
Spoiler!
Old 02-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #87
SB7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,543 Times in 464 Posts
^ Does that include litter?
SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #88
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobuffet View Post
i hope you end up adopting the dog. def deserves an awesome owner like you!!

on a side note..
thats an awesome hat for a dog LOL .
soowu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #89
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker_boi7 View Post
^ Does that include litter?
you mean like a litter of new born puppies? bylaws didn't say anything about that. also, apparently some people have 4-5 dogs all with licenses so i doubt this is something the city strictly enforces.

anyways, going to visit the dog at the shelter today! i'm pretty excited to see him again
Spoiler!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #90
Banned (ABWS)

^The dog will probably be just as excited to see you!
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #91
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyzy View Post
^The dog will probably be just as excited to see you!
"no touch no talk no contact"
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #92
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

UPDATE

I was supposed to visit the dog today but it turns out his family has picked him up! This is great news for that family but a little disappointing for me, as I was looking forward to seeing him again today. The person I spoke to on the phone wasn't the one who saw the family but did tell me that they verify ownership with things like dog licenses, vet bills, and photos.

I'm curious if the family will contact me as I would love to know the full story as to how he got loose in the first place and what took so long to finally pick him up. If that ever happens, I'll be sure to post the details for you guys as I'm sure you're just as curious as I am at this point!

/
Spoiler!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #93
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Well I do hope the owners are just as good hearted to him as you were!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #94
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

it's been about 4 months since i last posted in this thread and i still think about this dog from time to time. it still sort of bugs me that i don't know who picked up the dog and that i never got to visit him after dropping him off.

there are so many possibilities that run through my mind that are a little unsettling

1. the family took over a week to find the dog at the shelter, are they good owners? the family never tried to contact me to let me know the dog was okay. he also needed a haircut badly and his teeth were covered in plaque. also, let's not forget he was alone long enough to develop that bladder infection.

2. was it even the actual family who picked him up? did someone use my photo as false proof of ownership?

it's unfortunate that i might never know the answers to these questions. seeing the photo of the little guy still tugs at the heart strings. i literally knew the dog for about 2hrs and it seems he's still a small part of me. if anyone has any info or any indication who might have this dog, please let me know! it would give me a great feeling inside knowing that he's safe and well taken care of.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #95
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
it's been about 4 months since i last posted in this thread and i still think about this dog from time to time. it still sort of bugs me that i don't know who picked up the dog and that i never got to visit him after dropping him off.

there are so many possibilities that run through my mind that are a little unsettling

1. the family took over a week to find the dog at the shelter, are they good owners? the family never tried to contact me to let me know the dog was okay. he also needed a haircut badly and his teeth were covered in plaque. also, let's not forget he was alone long enough to develop that bladder infection.

2. was it even the actual family who picked him up? did someone use my photo as false proof of ownership?

it's unfortunate that i might never know the answers to these questions. seeing the photo of the little guy still tugs at the heart strings. i literally knew the dog for about 2hrs and it seems he's still a small part of me. if anyone has any info or any indication who might have this dog, please let me know! it would give me a great feeling inside knowing that he's safe and well taken care of.
I'm sorry to say but from what you've told us, I feel that the family members not responsible owners. If it were me who lost my dog, I would be calling in SPCA twice a day minimum! Also, if I found out that someone had found my dog and turned him in, I would WANT to be in contact with them and thank them in person for helping me RE-LOCATED A FAMILY MEMBER!

That being said, I'm sure the the owner is the real owner. I don't see someone going to that far extremes to obtain a random dog. It has to be the real owner. It would be very difficult to reproduce Vet Bills and Ownership.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #96
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
I'm suprised the owner never thanked you...
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #97
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
Should've kept it.

Oh welpz. Good on you though.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #98
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I hope you find the dog eventually, you're a good person with a big heart.
Watercloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #99
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

i totally should have kept the lil guy but i guess things happen for a reason. hopefully the dog is doing well! that's all that really matters
Spoiler!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #100
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
must be shitty owners.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote