REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,826 Times in 3,906 Posts
hope the driver turns him/herself in...how can you live knowing you killed 2 innocent lives..one of which was a good samaritan
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #27
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
hope the driver turns him/herself in...how can you live knowing you killed 2 innocent lives..one of which was a good samaritan
easy for you to say.

but at the sametime how does it feel for the driver to turn himself in knowing he'll be locked up in prison for most of his life... deserves it 100% but hard for him to do that... and because of that he won't turn himself in.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
^i don't think he'll get life or anything close to that.
probably 5 years with good behavior?

Though, I could be wrong.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^ ^ ^

This is Canada, it'll be a light sentence in the grand scheme of things.

Its instances like these that really show the true colour of a person.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
^i don't think he'll get life or anything close to that.
probably 5 years with good behavior?

Though, I could be wrong.
It doesn't matter. The chance of you having a bright future til death is minimal after spending years of your time in jail. Shitty record plus years of absence from workforce. No way am I trying to condone what he's done, but the mistake he's made could've been from anyone on this forum seriously.

RIP and I really do hope the guy turns himself in.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #31
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
easy for you to say.

but at the sametime how does it feel for the driver to turn himself in knowing he'll be locked up in prison for most of his life... deserves it 100% but hard for him to do that... and because of that he won't turn himself in.
Nobody ever goes to jail for killing someone in an automobile accident. People die in car crashes all the time - it's just a fact of life. A person was killed in an accident at Christmas close to my place - the person driving the other car stayed at the scene and waited for the police. When it was all finished, nobody went to jail. After all it was an accident.

Now if you have an accident and you were drunk, driving 200 km/h, or it's road rage/assault then that's a different story.

People usually run when they're drunk. If the cops pick you up at home a short time later and you're plastered, there's no way for them to know if you were drunk while driving, or got drunk after the accident. So the most they can get you on is leaving the scene or possibly negligence causing death.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #32
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
The guy was probably drunk or it was a stolen car. Like Dagonay said if you wern't doing anything illegal you'd be a fucking retard to run as nothing will happen you except maybe some tickets.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #33
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
RIP
Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #34

Thanked 1,607 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
The guy was probably drunk or it was a stolen car. Like Dagonay said if you wern't doing anything illegal you'd be a fucking retard to run as nothing will happen you except maybe some tickets.
true that, if it was really an accident, maybe the driver just didnt see them on the edge of the road, one could at least stop, and offer some assistance, but to just drive off? cowardly.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Nobody ever goes to jail for killing someone in an automobile accident. People die in car crashes all the time - it's just a fact of life. A person was killed in an accident at Christmas close to my place - the person driving the other car stayed at the scene and waited for the police. When it was all finished, nobody went to jail. After all it was an accident.

Now if you have an accident and you were drunk, driving 200 km/h, or it's road rage/assault then that's a different story.

People usually run when they're drunk. If the cops pick you up at home a short time later and you're plastered, there's no way for them to know if you were drunk while driving, or got drunk after the accident. So the most they can get you on is leaving the scene or possibly negligence causing death.
He may not have gotten jail time for running the person over, but the fact that he ran away and is avoiding the police will probably put him in jail
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #36

RIP... espeically the good Samaritan that stopped to help - talk about wrong place at the wrong time. sigh.

The driver is a douche bag for running away... just turn yourself in buddy cuz you'll get caught sooner or later.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

They got him.
Quote:
COQUITLAM (NEWS1130) - A 37-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a deadly hit and run accident that killed two women. One of the women was a Good Samaritan and mother of four children.

The accident happened near the intersection of Lougheed Highway and Pitt River Road around 12:30 a.m. Saturday. An SUV carrying a man and woman hit a concrete barrier.

That's when a couple of Good Samaritans stopped to help. A woman from each car got out to look at the crunched vehicle and that's when someone driving a White Jeep Grand Cherokee sideswiped both women, killing them instantly.

The man involved in the initial crash was taken to hospital with a serious leg injury. Police say the husband of the Good Samaritan saw his wife get hit and killed.

No word on what charges the man is facing. He's expected in Port Coquitlam court on Monday afternoon.
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...t-and-run-case
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #38
I bringith the lowerballerith

ok so from what i read....a car with a woman and her boyfriend got into a minor accident....then a passerby stop to assist them...another couple...so one of the woman who came to assist was talking to the woman driver that was in the accident and some person comes along and plows into them both ! killing both woman...leaving both husband and boyfriend of the woman alive ??

dam i would be pretty upset ....
Old 02-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #39
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
mother of four children?? RIP lady. I hope the coward who did this rots in prison- but knowing our justice system, he will probably get a ticket and 30 minutes of community service.
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #40
SDU
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

There is a bunch of ppl on the lougheed hwy and pitt river rd with candles lit up right now

RIP
Posted via RS Mobile
SDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #41

Hmm...white Jeep Grand Cherokee hey... This reminds me of somthing I saw in Surrey about 3 weeks ago. I was driving behind a guy in a white Grand Cherokee that was swerving quite erratically down 96 ave towards King George Hwy. He went up on the curb not once but 3-4 times, as well he kept swerving across the center line repeatedly. At first I thought the guy was having a seizure or a stroke but he kept on down the street like this for a while so it seemed like he was intoxicated more than anything. Regardless, I called 911 to report his car because I didn't want him hurting anybody around him. I followed him until he turned right onto King George Hwy, and I headed straight. I wanted to follow him so I could be a witness if anything did happen, but the 911 operater told me not to. For all I know, he might have gotten home before the police could pull him over. I can't help but wonder if it could be the same car.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #42

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDU View Post
There is a bunch of ppl on the lougheed hwy and pitt river rd with candles lit up right now

RIP
Posted via RS Mobile
This shit drives me nuts... it's only a matter of time until someone is killed at one of these "roadside memorials".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #43
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
R.I.P.
FRStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #44
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,587 Times in 4,319 Posts
If the driver of the Cherokee actually stole it (not the owner just saying it was stolen to avoid getting busted), could he be charged with vehicular manslaughter because he was in the process of a criminal act when he killed those women?

Or at the very least, driving without due care and attention causing death and leaving the scene of an accident?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:55 AM   #45
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
terrible.
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #46
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
Yeah, supposedly he turned himself in.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #47

Just grabbed a bite across the street fromt the courthouse and media was already there.

Really sad, sad story. Reading about the good samaritan, she would always help out with the neighborhood kids and really tried to do her part to better the community - helping people in need was just in her nature. Her neighbors, grown men, are reduced to tears when asked about her.

second vid:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...al-arrest.html

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #48
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
I dont think I could live with myself if I ran,

the possibility of saving their lives by staying with them calling an ambulance far outweighs going to jail,

atleast youd have a clear conscience in prison.

But on the other hand,

what if you have a family to feed, and you just have way too much to lose by getting caught,

would your starving family outweigh strangers lives?

fuck I just hope I am NEVER in that situation.
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #49

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jufes View Post
But on the other hand,

what if you have a family to feed, and you just have way too much to lose by getting caught,

would your starving family outweigh strangers lives?

fuck I just hope I am NEVER in that situation.
Simple way to avoid it: don't drive like a fucktard. Speed limit is 60 in that area, what do you want to bet the guy was doing at least 80?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #50

If a regular guy just hit them by accident because he got cut off or the roads were slippery or whatever and he stayed, he'd end up getting questioned by the police, paying an ICBC detuctible and maybe a ticket.

I'd like to think most people, as much as they would think they just fucked up, would want to stay and help and transfer information. It's not like he knew he killed anyone because the victims were on the other side of the vehicle he hit. The guilt of killing two innocent people would be his real punishment and he'd be out of the public eye in a week or so.

I still think there's a good chance this guy called his car in stolen after the accident to try to get off, or else he's a car theif and was in the act of a criminal offence when it happened. Either way he's a fucking weasel.

RSUV #7