REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Two killed by hit and run driver - Coquitlam (https://www.revscene.net/forums/638091-two-killed-hit-run-driver-coquitlam.html)

fliptuner 02-19-2011 04:09 AM

Two killed by hit and run driver - Coquitlam

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/New...spx?ID=1367133

Quote:

Two people are dead after an early morning hit and run crash on Lougheed Highway at Pitt River Road.

It began around 12:30 this morning when a passerby stopped to help two people involved in a minor accident.

RCMP Inspector Stephan Drolet says the three were on the side of the road when they were hit by a vehicle which sped off, killing the good Samaritan, and one of initial accident victims,"it was a hit and run accident, since then Coquitlam RCMP through extensive efforts were able to locate the suspect vehicle and at this point we're looking at locating the driver."

Drolet says the other victim was taken to hospital in serious condition.

Lougheed Highway at Pitt River Road will remain closed to traffic for a number of hours while Police investigate.

I was heading home (Lougheed/Pitt River Rd.) from Burnaby. Lougheed is closed from Colony Farms to Chilko.

If you're heading North to Port Moody, Coquitlam Centre, Westwood Plateau or Westwood, you'll have to detour up Mariner. Further East to PoCo, take Mary Hill Bypass.

Harvey Specter 02-19-2011 04:12 AM

Awful, RIP.

fliptuner 02-19-2011 04:32 AM

Yup, especially to the guy that was trying to help with the initial accident.

StylinRed 02-19-2011 04:35 AM

damn thats horrible i usually stop if ppl are in an accident too but im normally worried about the crashed car exploding (paranoid) then other traffic

rip

TheKingdom2000 02-19-2011 07:25 AM

I don't know why, but it pisses me off when they say, "It was a hit and run accident"

vafanculo 02-19-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx703 (Post 7311180)
I don't know why, but it pisses me off when they say, "It was a hit and run accident"

Well, to be fair, it probably WAS an accident, unless the driver intended to run them over.

Little bit OT, but in a situation like this, what would happen to the driver had he stayed (and it was a pure accident, no drinking, speeding, etc), as opposed to what will happen to him after he's been found ?
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 02-19-2011 07:54 AM

he goes home if he stayed

he goes to jail since he ran and they catch him; if he turns himself in the sentence wont be so bad may even be conditional

DC5-S 02-19-2011 08:00 AM

That moron should be put in jail for the rest of his life or executed
Posted via RS Mobile

OTG-ZR2 02-19-2011 08:45 AM

One of my friends responded to this accident last night.

Sad situation for all involved.

RIP.

Roach 02-19-2011 08:49 AM

Terrible :(

Kev

hal0g0dv2 02-19-2011 08:50 AM

dam that is brutal
rip

iamed 02-19-2011 09:15 AM

was wondering what happened last night, road was blocked off and had to detour up marry hill. :( RIP

jpark 02-19-2011 09:28 AM

yea buddy was telling me about this last night... r.i.p

maxx 02-19-2011 09:51 AM

reminds me of the time i stopped on granville + 49th to push some lady's benz from the left lane to the right and off granville at 2230. i had to stare people down for 30 seconds of my life.

fliptuner 02-19-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafanculo (Post 7311189)
Well, to be fair, it probably WAS an accident, unless the driver intended to run them over.

Little bit OT, but in a situation like this, what would happen to the driver had he stayed (and it was a pure accident, no drinking, speeding, etc), as opposed to what will happen to him after he's been found ?
Posted via RS Mobile

A lot of accidents are avoidable though. I go thought that intersection 2-10 times a day and the only way it could've been a real accident is if the cars were stopped on Pitt River, right after on the SE corner and the car was going the same direction - the rest of the intersection has excellent visibility. You know as well as I how many people aren't paying attention to their surroundings.

When it comes to car "accidents" IMO there's a big difference between an accident and an event with an unfavourable outcome. In this case I'm betting it's the latter.

ie. text while driving, improper equipment for the conditions, not paying full attention etc. causing a crash, is negligent and avoidable not accidental.

ak6 02-19-2011 10:21 AM

so that's why that part of the road was blocked off... RIP to the two

EmperorIS 02-19-2011 10:40 AM

i'm going to withhold judgement ...
because ppl in this city are really retarded when crossing the roads.

people just walk on the street without looking both sides for incoming cars they think cars can stop in time for them no matter what

or in parking lots fucking morons would walk right behind ur car when ur reversing making you slam you breaks ..
yes your suppose to make sure its clear before you reverse but people need to be more fucking aware of their surroundings too

for example cunt fags students at UBC just walk right on the road to cross the street even though there is a car coming ... it never crossed heir mind to wait for the car to pass before walking out

or a single car would be stopped at the stop sign .. but no one would think to let the car go through first

Lomac 02-19-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorIS (Post 7311267)

people just walk on the street without looking both sides for incoming cars they think cars can stop in time for them no matter what

or in parking lots fucking morons would walk right behind ur car when ur reversing making you slam you breaks ..
yes your suppose to make sure its clear before you reverse but people need to be more fucking aware of their surroundings too

for example cunt fags students at UBC just walk right on the road to cross the street even though there is a car coming ... it never crossed heir mind to wait for the car to pass before walking out

or a single car would be stopped at the stop sign .. but no one would think to let the car go through first

From the article...:
Quote:

RCMP Inspector Stephan Drolet says the three were on the side of the road...

pk_volt 02-19-2011 10:48 AM

You can't make any full judgement.

It could've been dark and difficult for the driver to see. Could've happened to any of you guys... how would you react?

fliptuner 02-19-2011 10:59 AM

Sure I can -- the fucktard killed 2 people and took off like a little bitch.

Accident or not, the way he reacted after he hit 2 innocent people is what I'm judging him on.

Spidey 02-19-2011 11:06 AM

people who j walk and make traffic stop for them deserve to get hit... innocent bystanders, not so much.. RIP.

Culverin 02-19-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorIS (Post 7311267)

I'm not withholding judgment.
If you're not guilty, you don't take off like a bitch.

EmperorIS 02-19-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 7311269)
From the article...:

oh i'm talking in general ... kinda of topic from this article sorry

Preemo 02-19-2011 11:37 AM

No judgements until they catch the fucker ...

But I bet the driver was hiding the fact he/she was texting and not fully paying attention to the road.

Or they forgot their fucking glasses at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dangonay 02-19-2011 11:53 AM

Fucking rights you can pass judgement. How many hit and runs have been discussed on RS over the years? And how many of those fucks took off because they had something to hide? All of them. There's never been a hit and run I can recall where after the fact a legitimate excuse was given as to why they ran. Therefore, I'm going to call a spade a spade and say this fucker ran simply to avoid more serious consequences (like being found intoxicated at the scene).
Posted via RS Mobile