REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #51
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
Dude, you are so right. I would love to be able to fit this onto my little 50cc scooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnRMW6P9nc
this makes my day every time i see it, espesially that little kid at 4:11
Advertisement
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #52
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
You're retarded. The left lane is the passing lane, meaning if you can't keep up, you get out of the way. You don't sit there doing 55 and hold up traffic. It's a courtesy for other drivers on the road. If you wanna talk law, you shouldn't even be driving in the passing lane in the first place, it's only used for passing. Slower traffic keep right, yea?

Please take the bus.
Good luck explaining to the cops when you get pulled over going 70 "I was jsut giong with the flow".

Is there even passing lane laws for city streets? I would understand for highways and Interstates/freeways.

Last edited by Spidey; 03-28-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #53
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
Dude, you are so right. I would love to be able to fit this onto my little 50cc scooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnRMW6P9nc
lulz SNORLAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #54
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
Good luck explaining to the cops when you get pulled over going 70 "I was jsut giong with the flow".

Is there even passing lane laws for city streets? I would understand for highways and Interstates/freeways.
It is not your business if other drivers want to do 100 km/h.
But for yourself, you don't stay on the passing lane if you are not passing.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #55
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post

^ See above. Take the bus, idiot.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #56
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pochacho View Post
It is not your business if other drivers want to do 100 km/h.
But for yourself, you don't stay on the passing lane if you are not passing.
Within the city, (especially during rush hour), there is no "fast/passing lane" All lanes move at the same pace due to the amount of traffic on the road.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #57

If you can't move over because of traffic, then it's no problem. But if there's space you can and you refuse to do so because you don't care about other drivers SHARING the road then you're a douche.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #58
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCubed View Post
And people who drives fast as shit in the slow lane.
But seriously, sometimes I'm trying to save gas by driving speedlimit in the slow lane and some jackass would tailgate me instead of just passing me. The fucking left lane could be wide open too.
Posted via RS Mobile
This seriously pisses me off. Its almost as if people have forgotten the rules of the road. RIGHT lane, is the "slow lane"
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #59
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
oh my fxxking god

not this shit again

slower_traffic_keep_right.png
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #60
Banned (ABWS)

my pet peeve is people retrofitting their over-9000k HIDs on their shit box vans and shit box beaters and angle them upward like herpderp for a permanent high beam straight into on-coming traffic.

Oh also people who have all their brake lights burned out. fucking shit, ticket these fuckers.
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #61
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

The main problem is education. Unless it was taught that the left lane is only for passing no one will do so. This is also only applicable on the highway as ppl turn left in the city. Do u think the average wing Wong ding tong will care about courtesy? Back home the world revolves around them, u should just be happy she can keep it between the painted lines.
Posted via RS Mobile
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #62
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
too busy looking at your illegal mods to notice no signal when lane change. its only when you flash your superwhite turn signals will u get pulled over...
this!!!! omfg i got pulled over and ticket-ed for having white turn signals. cop said it looks like a reverse lights and were misleading. hmmm.
josel_atr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #63
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Do u think the average wing Wong ding tong will care about courtesy? Back home the world revolves around them, u should just be happy she can keep it between the painted lines.
Posted via RS Mobile
You just said that.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #64
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts

Any time I see these discussions, I remember this. I wish I could do it sometimes
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #65
Need my Daily Fix of RS

if you dont use your signal you dont deserve to drive. You drive with your hands on the steering wheel. The signal is literally like 3 inches from your hand. Move your hand 3 inches you lazy cunts.

edit, watched that video one post up. Exactly!!! Id hate to see how these people live being so lazy
Old 03-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

You know what's worse than a person not signalling? A person signalling for their entire duration of their drive. I was going west on highway 1 coming in from Surrey on the left lane and I slowed down to let some guy into the left lane because he signalled left. Asshat got onto Highway 1 and I'm assuming they signalled from the merge lane to the right lane of the highway. BUT THE FUCKER DOESN'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO STOP SIGNALLING. Frustrated, I drove faster than Inormally would to pass the idiot incase he randomly decides to make the lane switch. when I got to the stop light at boundary and Grandview Highway, the dick caught up and was still signalling left. Do people not hear the clicking sound??!
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #67
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts

more train horns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #68
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post
You know what's worse than a person not signalling? A person signalling for their entire duration of their drive. I was going west on highway 1 coming in from Surrey on the left lane and I slowed down to let some guy into the left lane because he signalled left. Asshat got onto Highway 1 and I'm assuming they signalled from the merge lane to the right lane of the highway. BUT THE FUCKER DOESN'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO STOP SIGNALLING. Frustrated, I drove faster than Inormally would to pass the idiot incase he randomly decides to make the lane switch. when I got to the stop light at boundary and Grandview Highway, the dick caught up and was still signalling left. Do people not hear the clicking sound??!
Just yell at them, and tell them their signal's on. It's easier in the summer when people have their windows rolled down.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #69
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Not from what i've seen unless it's a convertable people usually have windows up with heat on or ac on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Just yell at them, and tell them their signal's on. It's easier in the summer when people have their windows rolled down.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #70
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post
I find putting my signal on is very effective at getting people to notice. Whether they are infront or behind you they eventually notice probably thinking to themselves "look at this jack ass driving with his signal on" only to look down and notice that they to are doing the same. When they flick theirs off, mine goes off
Old 03-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #71
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post
also on the list: high beams and no lights at all at night (leaving only their DRLs on)
blame that on the high tech illuminated dashboard which makes a person think his lights are on since they are illuminated 24/7
Old 03-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #72
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
blame that on the high tech illuminated dashboard which makes a person think his lights are on since they are illuminated 24/7
Blame that on oblivious idiots getting behind the wheel - every time this comes up, I make a note to observe the cars with no headlights, and it's consistently an even split between those with DRLs, and those with no lights at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Is it because they are too busy driving around poking at their laptops to notice? Or because they know they dont signal themselves and feel guilty?
I see way more people not using their signals vs speeders.
maybe those poeple are from california where if you signal, the car will speed up next to you and prevent you from merging or changing lane
Old 03-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
You're retarded. The left lane is the passing lane, meaning if you can't keep up, you get out of the way. You don't sit there doing 55 and hold up traffic. It's a courtesy for other drivers on the road. If you wanna talk law, you shouldn't even be driving in the passing lane in the first place, it's only used for passing. Slower traffic keep right, yea?

Please take the bus.
Can someone find this in our bylaws?, I understand fast/slow lane on the highway/freeway where poeple do not make left turns on left lane. But in the city, poeple needs to be in the left lane in case they plan to turn left say in the next 2 blocks.

Are you suggesting that everyone should yield to you or some other speedy gonzales by moving over to the right?. What kind of concept of road sharing is that? That potentially increase lane changing since everyone yields to you when you can just scoot over and pass them yourself instead of having like 5 or 10 cars moving over for you. Unless you are driving ambulence or a COP car. Again, I agree with you about the fast left lane only on highways, but in the city,, hell no.!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #75

Don't you hate the people turning left and only signal last minute when the light changes, resulting in a line of cars having to change to the right?