REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #51
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Is then consensus then to just take the hit?
YES
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Run him over next time, he won't see it coming!

Too soon?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #53
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
^ lol
Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #54
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
It's just a fucking car - there are more important things to worry about than a little mark on your bumper cover.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #55
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4ever View Post
It's just a fucking car - there are more important things to worry about than a little mark on your bumper cover.
Thats stupid, what if it was your child that he whacked with his cane? While you were not paying attention?

I've never seen a blind person wave his cane around like that, but it does sound careless and dangerous.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #56
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansonBoy View Post
Thats stupid, what if it was your child that he whacked with his cane? While you were not paying attention?

I've never seen a blind person wave his cane around like that, but it does sound careless and dangerous.
???

It was the fucking car dude... it WASN'T his child, and that's what Senna4ever's point was. the more important things to worry about are things like his child.... if he has one
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #57
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
what goes around comes around, he hits you, you hit him. End of story
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
Old 03-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Yes, I get it and I won't honk at them if it happens again.

Still no one has any ideas on how to avoid this? Is then consensus then to just take the hit?
i have an idea stop FURTHER away from the cross walk so buddy man can't hit your car cause your far enough away.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #59
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
Let me tell you how to prevent blind man's attack. Buy a bumper Bra. How often does a blind man walk across your car? What if he is deaf,, your honk would be useless. Just back up next time.
Well if he was deaf, his eyes would most certainly work and OP's bumper would have been untouched. So where are you going with that example?

Hypothetically speaking if you did honk, and a blind person was startled. I highly doubt he/she would simply fall, not all blind people are old. Perhaps their blind walking stick may drop, if that happens park your car, turn hazards on, walk to the person pick up their stick. Mention why you honked, "you were walking right into my car with your stick pointing towards it. Sorry, have a nice day."

I understand that they're supposed to raise their cane horizontally and walk if they aren't sure if they should cross, but when they start to curve into traffic well then that's when you should be worried. For your sake and his/hers.

If I was blind, I would have thought oh shit my bad. I'm blind and have crossed streets hundreds of times, this has never happened before. I should wake up.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2011, 12:09 AM   #60
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
its probably your fault for going too close to him.. your suppose to be a few feet from the STOP line.. not the Cross-Walk line..

dont anyone follow the rules at the intersection?, your suppose to see the STOP line just above your hood.. if you cant see it, then your too close, if you dont see anyone crossing and you have to make a turn, ten you can slowly roll out AFTER you have stopped..

i see so many people ignoring this and just STOP right at the CROSS walk line.. WTF
Old 03-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #61
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
i really really doubt there was any damage to your bumper from a blind guys stick... im sorry.. just sounds bs

if he swung his stick hard enough to chip paint there would be an unending line of people clutching their shins/feet

sounds like you just made up the "tiny nick" how would you even spot it over your "sandblasted" bumper of rock/curb damage

but in the event that you're not lying, suck it up susy and stop further from the line next time you see a blind guy on his harrowing quest chopping through an invisible jungle with his machete
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #62
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
its probably your fault for going too close to him.. your suppose to be a few feet from the STOP line.. not the Cross-Walk line..

dont anyone follow the rules at the intersection?, your suppose to see the STOP line just above your hood.. if you cant see it, then your too close, if you dont see anyone crossing and you have to make a turn, ten you can slowly roll out AFTER you have stopped..

i see so many people ignoring this and just STOP right at the CROSS walk line.. WTF
I wasn't stopped any closer to the line than the cars beside me... which is also in my first post. True, I could have been like 10 feet away from the line but who does that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
i really really doubt there was any damage to your bumper from a blind guys stick... im sorry.. just sounds bs

if he swung his stick hard enough to chip paint there would be an unending line of people clutching their shins/feet

sounds like you just made up the "tiny nick" how would you even spot it over your "sandblasted" bumper of rock/curb damage

but in the event that you're not lying, suck it up susy and stop further from the line next time you see a blind guy on his harrowing quest chopping through an invisible jungle with his machete
^ I spotted the damage because there was an actual piece gouged out of my bumper. Small yes, but much bigger than any rock chop. The stick is long and if you swing it even gently the force is multiplied.

I don't think you've even been hit by a blind guy's stick so why are you even talking about something you've never experienced? Or are you just making assumptions and following what everyone else is saying? Why not experiment and take a stick and swing it at your bumper to find out?

Everything that needs to be said about this situation has been said already.
This post FAILED by:
Closed Thread